The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I have you beat bro: I actually SENT an SC to another poster (Klobber bro, I hope you don't get mad for me calling you out on this...it's hilarious enough that it warrants it) with a $10 bill still in the pocket apparently. We made arrangements to do a trade and I never even looked in the damn pocket to see if anything was there. Hilariously enough, that $10 was more than I even paid for the SC, so I think he got a good deal. [​IMG].

Point being, check your SC's & pants for cash because that shit really happens. Lol.

Quote:

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Also, in solidarity....sorry you got fucked over by some shithead. It truly takes an immoral dude to do something like that to someone. I hope you get better soon dude. Take care of yourself, and good luck on finding a good replacement bike man. godspeed.

3. eazye

eazye Senior member

Yea, you got me beat. :slayer: The Cannondale I have, could probably withstand a nuclear explosion (it's built for trail/stair jumping). The rims, not so much. :facepalm:

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

Sorry for the double post, and this might be the wrong place to ask this, but does anybody have an extra pair of loafers that are in a 10-10.5 narrow. I've been wanting to rock a pair all summer, and I had a couple in a C width, but I was always faced with severe heel slippage. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012

5. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

I'm actually a little less sure now, but still leaning towards replica. It's really difficult to tell from the pictures, as I'm not 100% familiar with Cartier watches. I'd be able to tell in person, but at this point, unless someone knows this particular model, the best way would be to open up the back. Which, unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest on the chance that it is real.

6. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

Found a few cool things today...

7. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

You have literally no preferences at all on color and loafer type? If so, i think I might have something for you dude. I'll confirm tomorrow.

8. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

should I just take it to a jeweler and have them look at it? If it is fake will people still buy it, I know I can't sell it on ebay or as a real item but are there places where people would buy replicas?

9. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

+1 on it being a replica,look at the sloppy work on the band itself.cartier would never allow that.a lot of these knock off companies put all their efforts into the watch themselves and then cheap out on the straps and bracelettes.
    in my opinion fake,but i could be wrong.

10. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Phillips screws on a Cartier? Really? And the crown is sans cabochon... Negative Ghostrider.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Is it fussed? I made a mistake few weeks ago buying a similar blazer. That thing was fussed up the ass and it didn't even fit me, and I totally over paid for it...From my understanding, those are the older ones that were made prior to 1999. They are lower quality. I usually pass on these in the wild. But if it fits you, then it's all good.

12. eazye

eazye Senior member

Thank you, no, not really. Ideally, I'd like a suede pair with a longer silhouette, but I'd be just as happy with a pair of Weejuns. As long as they're narrow. Tassels, kiltys, what ever. :D

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

13. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

You could, but they might charge you. They may also confiscate if it's fake. You can try to sell it, but that's on you. It's very illegal to sell replicas.

The band is what had me leaning towards fake in the first place.

Wasn't sure if all Cartier's had that. Good catch.

14. chiron

chiron Senior member

The print on the watch face is wrong...the crown should have a blue stone in it. I would return and get your 5$ back.

Why Wearing Fakes Makes Us Cheat More

15. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

J. Crew made in Italy desert boots. 10.5D. My size, but I just bought a brand new pair of Grensons from a forum member. Different color, so I won't mind keeping these, but if someone else wants them...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Titties & Ass shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any of the littler guys want these? They fit TTS (shortened inseam i think). Took a chance on them on eBay, but didn't work out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.