• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have you beat bro: I actually SENT an SC to another poster (Klobber bro, I hope you don't get mad for me calling you out on this...it's hilarious enough that it warrants it) with a $10 bill still in the pocket apparently. We made arrangements to do a trade and I never even looked in the damn pocket to see if anything was there. Hilariously enough, that $10 was more than I even paid for the SC, so I think he got a good deal.
biggrin.gif

Point being, check your SC's & pants for cash because that **** really happens. Lol.

Quote:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, in solidarity....sorry you got fucked over by some shithead. It truly takes an immoral dude to do something like that to someone. I hope you get better soon dude. Take care of yourself, and good luck on finding a good replacement bike man. godspeed.

******* awesome! I'm glad you decided to keep it, looks great!
I've got about 15 Pendleton ties, love em! They look really great with tweeds in the fall and winter, I say grab them.
biggrin.gif

On another note, I will be out of the thrifting game for a little while. I was involved in a hit and run last night. As in, I got hit by a car on my bike and the cooltrucker didn't even stop to see if I was still alive. Luckily through my years of mountain biking, I perfected the tuck and roll, so I came away with some nasty road rash, but no broken bones or missing teeth. The Cannondale didn't fare so well however, broken chain and two tacoed rims.
baldy[1].gif
Back to lurking.....
cloud.gif

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, in solidarity....sorry you got fucked over by some shithead.  It truly takes an immoral dude to do something like that to someone. I hope you get better soon dude.  Take care of yourself, and good luck on finding a good replacement bike man.   godspeed.

Yea, you got me beat. :slayer: The Cannondale I have, could probably withstand a nuclear explosion (it's built for trail/stair jumping). The rims, not so much. :facepalm:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, and this might be the wrong place to ask this, but does anybody have an extra pair of loafers that are in a 10-10.5 narrow. I've been wanting to rock a pair all summer, and I had a couple in a C width, but I was always faced with severe heel slippage. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm actually a little less sure now, but still leaning towards replica. It's really difficult to tell from the pictures, as I'm not 100% familiar with Cartier watches. I'd be able to tell in person, but at this point, unless someone knows this particular model, the best way would be to open up the back. Which, unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest on the chance that it is real.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have literally no preferences at all on color and loafer type? If so, i think I might have something for you dude. I'll confirm tomorrow.

Sorry for the double post, and this might be the wrong place to ask this, but does anybody have an extra pair of loafers that are in a 10-10.5 narrow. I've been wanting to rock a pair all summer, and I had a couple in a C width, but I was always faced with severe heel slippage. Thanks in advance!

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a little less sure now, but still leaning towards replica. It's really difficult to tell from the pictures, as I'm not 100% familiar with Cartier watches. I'd be able to tell in person, but at this point, unless someone knows this particular model, the best way would be to open up the back. Which, unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't suggest on the chance that it is real.
should I just take it to a jeweler and have them look at it? If it is fake will people still buy it, I know I can't sell it on ebay or as a real item but are there places where people would buy replicas?

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
+1 on it being a replica,look at the sloppy work on the band itself.cartier would never allow that.a lot of these knock off companies put all their efforts into the watch themselves and then cheap out on the straps and bracelettes.
in my opinion fake,but i could be wrong.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
huh it said it was from neiman marcus on the tag and it had the burberry prosum knight? I looked it up and it said before 1999 burberry was called "burberrys"

Is it fussed? I made a mistake few weeks ago buying a similar blazer. That thing was fussed up the ass and it didn't even fit me, and I totally over paid for it...From my understanding, those are the older ones that were made prior to 1999. They are lower quality. I usually pass on these in the wild. But if it fits you, then it's all good.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have literally no preferences at all on color and loafer type?  If so, i think I might have something for you dude.  I'll confirm tomorrow. 

Thank you, no, not really. Ideally, I'd like a suede pair with a longer silhouette, but I'd be just as happy with a pair of Weejuns. As long as they're narrow. Tassels, kiltys, what ever. :D

Last edited:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

should I just take it to a jeweler and have them look at it? If it is fake will people still buy it, I know I can't sell it on ebay or as a real item but are there places where people would buy replicas?

You could, but they might charge you. They may also confiscate if it's fake. You can try to sell it, but that's on you. It's very illegal to sell replicas.

+1 on it being a replica,look at the sloppy work on the band itself.cartier would never allow that.a lot of these knock off companies put all their efforts into the watch themselves and then cheap out on the straps and bracelettes.
in my opinion fake,but i could be wrong.

The band is what had me leaning towards fake in the first place.

Phillips screws on a Cartier? Really? And the crown is sans cabochon... Negative Ghostrider.

Wasn't sure if all Cartier's had that. Good catch.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
J. Crew made in Italy desert boots. 10.5D. My size, but I just bought a brand new pair of Grensons from a forum member. Different color, so I won't mind keeping these, but if someone else wants them...

IMG_9780.jpg

IMG_9781.jpg

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9783.jpg

******* & Ass shirt
IMG_9844.jpg

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9847.jpg

Any of the littler guys want these? They fit TTS (shortened inseam i think). Took a chance on them on eBay, but didn't work out.
IMG_9837.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9839.jpg

IMG_9840.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads