• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, for real, you guys are all way too kind. I'm well, well enough to go to work today anyways. :rimshot: And a shout out to ACosbySweater for offering to hook me up with some new rims and a chain, just outstanding! :slayer:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
can I get some more info on this logo? It saw prosum somewhere on it small
Old label, usually leave these stuff behind, but if it fits you well thats what really matter. Would not usually pick it up to flip though

Hit one spot today and had some great snags. Left behind one Oxxford suit because it was too far gone at full price...mayyybeee on half off day. All but the mocs and RL shirts are available.

Minty AE Park Avenues in a 10 1/2 E

These fit me better than almost any shirt I've ever tried on. I've honestly never seen a small custom fit, but the fact that the arms are as long as they are for a small gives me hope.

Nice PA, they always do well and with some shine they should clean up nice. Bad ass RLPL!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

This if from a Marshalls excursion. Navy pin stripe PRL blue label
suit. Did not cop, but it is red clearanced @ $170 or $180. I tried the
coat and it oozed Italian dreaminess. Wish it was my size. I think
the label is Caruso, right?

prltag.jpg

Cap, I’ve noticed a lot of Penn State shirts/caps/fan stuff in my neck
of the woods. A lot of people seemed to have jumped off the
Penn state wagon. I wonder why...
sarcasm.gif

Brian: check your email. May have a suit possibility.

Get well soon Eazy.
As others have said, go buy that suit and double your money quick. great price!!!!

FYI, didnt see an email/PM? I assume Brian is me
lol8[1].gif

Oh, also: Passed on Varvatos USA (made in China) black flat fronts (something I need, though the rise was kinda short and it crawled up my ... Continental Divide) at TJ Maxx today for $40. 2 prs, my size (38 x 32) Mistake?
If they are a perfect fit and you love them then buy the, but I went to Marshalls and Nords rack today and there was a ton of Varvatos USA stuff. Really want the "John Varvatos" black label (made in Italy) mainline stff.

Also hit up 2 thrifts here in San Diego, NADA
censored.gif
Hopefully back to OC before I leave for the east coast. On a positive note, did finally sell the New Aldens from a few weeks ago
biggrin.gif

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, I "thrifted" a dollar from the floor of the liquor store by my house after work. :bigstar:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of these in same size that I picked up at the rack when I needed a black dress shirt. It's too small for me these days. Do you want it?
Old. Pass.

*edit* I passed on a 38S brooks brother 100% cashmere navy with gold button blazer tonight. $16. Let me know if you want a proxy, I'll be headed past that store again tomorrow morning.
sorry I already have a black dress shirt and don't really see the need for multiple, how does this brand do on the bay I am curious?

I got it for myself because it fit really nicely I was just wondering for the future if I saw that particular logo to know if it was flippable

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

sorry I already have a black dress shirt and don't really see the need for multiple, how does this brand do on the bay I am curious?
I got it for myself because it fit really nicely I was just wondering for the future if I saw that particular logo to know if it was flippable

Would not buy to flip. I believe it's just a Nordstrom house brand with a fancier name.

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would not buy to flip. I believe it's just a Nordstrom house brand with a fancier name.
huh it said it was from neiman marcus on the tag and it had the burberry prosum knight? I looked it up and it said before 1999 burberry was called "burberrys"

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Are we talking about the same thing? I could be totally wrong. That was just the assumption I made after finding those shirts only at nordstrom rack and not finding information on the brand elsewhere. Regardless, I wouldn't buy them to flip.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

bruno maglis in really bad condition I left them there but If anyone wants them I will go back, size 8

350x469px-LL-65c7c8f5_IMG_0155.jpeg

kenneth cole boots size 10 I can pickt them up if anyone wants them

350x469px-LL-4622027a_IMG_0157.jpeg
first record player I have seen too bad I already have one, this one is nicer though :(

350x469px-LL-33ec14c0_IMG_0159.jpeg
a cutter and buck shirt new with tags I plan to sell to one of my rich golf buddies...

350x469px-LL-da963004_IMG_0162.jpeg
okay now for the good stuff...
lorenzo uomo shirt for myself it is rare I can find a shirt with long enough sleeves and this one is nice especially with the slight cutaway collar and french cuffs

I outgrew my last suit so I needed a new one for a thing called youth in government I am joining. I ended up with the burberry prosum blazer and serched desperatly for the pants but couldn't find them, the jacket was only 7 bucks because it had a small rip in it that I have now repaired. the picture make it look really wierd...

cool pattern

350x469px-LL-f6d50a21_IMG_0170.jpeg
can I get some more info on this logo? It saw prosum somewhere on it small

also this is the wierdest thing that has happened to me thrifting I found a five dollar bill in this wierd third pocket it had

okay now to what is possibly my greatest thrift find ever if someone can verify if it is real, I got it for 5 dollars!

I will post more pics if you want me to show you something specific to help me figure out if it is genuine

I can already almost guarantee you that's fake. Not just because of the unlikelihood either. Please post some more pics, though. Use the flower mode if your camera has that option.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are we talking about the same thing? I could be totally wrong. That was just the assumption I made after finding those shirts only at nordstrom rack and not finding information on the brand elsewhere. Regardless, I wouldn't buy them to flip.

No, your right. Every time I'm at the Rack, they have tons of those shirts on sale. However I think he thought you were talking about the Burberry blazer.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Might as well post my thrift pick-ups from tonight. I've never been so disappointed to find nice things. I can't stop myself from buying, my spare bedroom is overflowing, I'm moving in a month and have no where to put the stuff I can't unload before then :confused:

Nordstrom with Loro Piana camelhair sport coat. 38S

AE Walton. 10C

RLPL long sleeve polo/pullover thing

Ebay credits. The cashier remarked how awesome he thought the embroidery in the cuff was and that he would start looking for these :facepalm:

Seriously awesome plaid Woolrich shirt, Gant "The Rugger" long sleeve polo

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might as well post my thrift pick-ups from tonight. I've never been so disappointed to find nice things. I can't stop myself from buying, my spare bedroom is overflowing, I'm moving in a month and have no where to put the stuff I can't unload before then
confused.gif

Nordstrom with Loro Piana camelhair sport coat. 38S

Seriously awesome plaid Woolrich shirt, Gant "The Rugger" long sleeve polo
can I get some measurements on that long sleeve polo!

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can already almost guarantee you that's fake. Not just because of the unlikelihood either. Please post some more pics, though. Use the flower mode if your camera has that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads