• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

16 pairs of cufflinks. You know me.

Wes...please find me a pair of the round Tiffany &CO. with the T&Co. engraved. Always have wanted a pair but don't want to spend $300 for a set of links. A pair of Mont Blanc's would work as well :slayer:

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A sweet 40s ish Rabhor Robes smoking jacket/robe. Burgundy wool with shawl lapels, huge MOP buttons, double breasted. White and burgundy braided silk trim. Belt with white silk fringed ends. Immaculate condition. I so wish I snapped some pics before we left.

Oh my god please tell me this is around a 38...

LooknGr8

Reaction score

I suppose I referring to a "policy" as something attached to a legal vehicle and a "mandate" as something having a primarily social character. However, criticizing RL for making tUSA garments in America surely reeks of protectionism.
Opinion check on this Hermes I picked up today, please: wearable or "burn with fire?"

The purples are actually lighter and the "H" shapes a light green.

LOVE IT if u don't want it I have outfits it will mesh with :D

Also -- lawyers here back me up -- as I understand it, "policy" is something you do voluntarily. "Mandate" is something you go to jail for or at least get fined for violating. However, ignoring "policy" can get u in trouble (i.e. today's big example of dumbass policy ignoring is Penn State. Policies were in place at institution, NCAA and State level for reporting issues...and people will go to jail for ignoring them).

Pendleton rulz! At thrift stores. Retail, it's...ugh

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Anybody recognize me on Auction Kings tonight? I was on again.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever heard of Baker Brothers suits, from London? It looks like it was made in Italy and has nice pick stitching around the lapels, pockets, etc. and is canvassed w/ super 130's. I thought maybe related to Ted Baker?

How about Kenzo shirts? Found one and saw mixed results on the bay.

Also found a pair of Hiltl khakis is my size. Made in Romania... Are these made by Incotex?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody recognize me on Auction Kings tonight? I was on again.

I've been to 3 of their auctions, bid on (and won) a couple things...and they keep editing me into shows for auctions I never attended, bidding on **** I would never bid on! The last one showed me bidding on scrimshaw, in which I have zero interest... I did end up returning and getting a refund on an Audubon print that turned out to be a repro and worth like five bucks. But it's nuts how I keep seeing myself on the show totally out of context.

Free beer though....mmmm.

Which show were you on? They run them a bunch at a time... And, was it for an auction you actually attended?

rayxlui

Reaction score

Bad ass!

From my limited understand is that the green label is of better quality. Anyone? I pass those blue labels all the time.

I'm pretty sure blue is better than green. The green is vintage, not Gitman Bros Vintage. But the blue isn't that much greater. Good if it fits you, can't flip very well.

Opinion check on this Hermes I picked up today, please: wearable or "burn with fire?"

The purples are actually lighter and the "H" shapes a light green.

I'd rock it.

Beautiful!
Wow - amazing! I know more than a handful of people who sprung retail on these and they all say they were well worth it! It's mind-blowing that you found these at a thrift! I guess if anyone were to find OSB in a thrift though, it would be in Chicago. I've been jonsin for a pair but can't justify spending that at the moment. I need to keep funneling monies into my Japan shopping fund.
Re: my eBay problem.
Thanks for the input, guys. eBay filed in his favor (I knew they would - this is the only way I could get this moron to just send them back) so he finally claimed he had mailed them off. Now to see if I get them back or if this is a recreation of the Polo Bear Sweater. :facepalm:
As everyone has stated, these are the summer doldrums. Things are so stupid slow here and there seems to be more people out than ever. Can't wait till tax season.....

Should just give me the Norse Projects :fistbump:

Speaking of dry, I've definitely hella dry here. Ended up picking up stuff only for myself.

Finds (all for me):
Shades of Griege hoodie
5 x Uniqlo t-shrits
Allsaints Spitalsdfhgskdfh button down
NWT Porsche Design polo
Oxxford hanger
Coach belt and wallet. The nicer Coach.

It was so dry I decided to hit up a consignment store.

Consignment:
RRL Raw selvedge size 30 (FUUUUU SHOULDA BEEN SIZE 33)
I know it isn't awesome, but there was Gap raw selvedge which I personally love.
Spurr by Simon Spurr Western/Plaid XS (Mainy you fit this?)

Paul Smith mainline floral shirt. XL
Paul Smith Jeans. Weird selvedge line size 33

Anyone seen this selvedge line before?

And... they also had some other nice stuff, didn't have enough monies though.

Oh yeah a Cartier watch.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A
Also found a pair of Hiltl khakis is my size. Made in Romania... Are these made by Incotex? 

I don't know for sure (never took the time to figure it out) but I've suspected. It's good quality and fits well. I like the trousers I have. Mine are wool, though.

Coach belt and wallet. The nicer Coach.

Speaking of: I need a new wallet. Any of you dudes thrifted a nice one you want to get rid of, get at me. (yeah yeah, I know; take it to the trading thread....)

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nataku -- if those Norse Projects are the same NP you posted awhile ago, I'll buy them from you.

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Dude, they're fake. Why would you want them? :lol:

I also just had someone inform me that a purse I just threw up was fake :facepalm: Time to waddle over to purse forum and do some investigating...

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure blue is better than green. The green is vintage, not Gitman Bros Vintage. But the blue isn't that much greater. Good if it fits you, can't flip very well.
I'd rock it.
Should just give me the Norse Projects :fistbump:
Speaking of dry, I've definitely hella dry here. Ended up picking up stuff only for myself.
Finds (all for me):]

i haven't forgotten about you on that lanvin shirt buddy just been busy, a response is forthcoming

and yes i want that spurr shirt if you got it we need to discuss that lol

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I've been to 3 of their auctions, bid on (and won) a couple things...and they keep editing me into shows for auctions I never attended, bidding on **** I would never bid on!  The last one showed me bidding on scrimshaw, in which I have zero interest...  I did end up returning and getting a refund on an Audubon print that turned out to be a repro and worth like five bucks.  But it's nuts how I keep seeing myself on the show totally out of context.  

Free beer though....mmmm.

Which show were you on?  They run them a bunch at a time...  And, was it for an auction you actually attended?

Funny you should mention that, because they used the same clip of me bidding twice, but I actually bid on those items. I didn't get any deal the day they filmed, but I have in the past. I was bidding on the railroad cart in tonight's show and that Hudson on the last show.

You're lucky you got your money back. I've seen them sell a few fake items worth a lot more and I don't think the buyer was refunded...

I wish I had been at the auction when they had that bronze statue/fountain. I would have bid on that so hard.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
KRiJT.jpg

ZZenT.jpg

trad cotton vintage

RT Republican elephant tie

100% wool, 100% awesome liberty tie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads