The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

[​IMG]

Shoes - Alden shell cordovan longwings for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece ($39)
    Socks - BOSS Orange socks ($1)
    Pants - Canali ($9)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

2. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

re all the gun talk,i just keep these two by my bed....LOADED

[​IMG]

3. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

authenticity check please

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

+3

Great dogs but I can't stand their wines.

5. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

[​IMG]

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Our dog hears better, wakes quicker, is more alert and by far more fearless than I am in the middle of the night with or without a firearm.

This was last fall when we started training our then 6 month old in Schutzhund. He's now quite a bit bigger and stronger and has some more muscle to put on.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. tonylamer

tonylamer Senior member

Here's one thrifter's request to a bunch of guys who are probably trying to move stuff without going to eBay. I'm looking to pick up a couple of pairs of good CBD oxfords or bluchers. I don't know if anyone's thrifted anything that they're trying to unload, but, if you have, I wear a US 10.5 medium (but can pull off anything from a 9.5D to an 11.5). I don't need a huge thread discount, just PM me if you have anything. Cordovan would be great, but black and brown are fine. In terms of quality, AE-ish and up.

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Sorry, CBD?

9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

11. tben

tben Senior member

Haha cool...is that available?

12. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

Lovely shoes.

13. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Er actually 1 Suit, 1 SC. Sorry for the delay fellas. This stuff is a bit big for me, so available:

Loro Piana Tasmanian Super 120s
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hickey Freeman SC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

14. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

If you knew to show the loop, you already knew that shizz is real. Awesome pattern too.

15. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

I have been reading a TON trying to learn the in's and out's some more. I have to chime in on the gun topic and [​IMG]. I think different areas have different mentalities for sure. I grew up in not the nicest area in South Florida (certainly not the worst either, though). In Florida, one in seventeen have a carry permit. For me, It honestly feels weird not to carry.

As already stated, training is extremely important. An idiot that thinks he/she can shoot their gun is extremely dangerous and, perhaps, more so than a criminal. Standing still and shooting paper without adrenaline rushing through you blood is nothing like what would be needed. I honestly hope I never have to use my firearm for self-defense, but if that situation ever arises, I am confident that I can protect myself. I have to say that I am surprised at all of the requirements you folks have for separating the ammo from the weapon. An average firefight lasts about five seconds. When do you have the time to load the gun? I hope you have a heavy enough firearm to throw at an intruder to knock them out. [​IMG]

For those that hate the concept of guns. I am with you on that. It is a damn shame that we need them. However, I am confident that bad guys love them. They also don't abide by any of the laws regulating them nor are they properly trained (an assumption on my part). Police/Alarm companies can't respond fast enough to solve any problem involving the risk of my life. Finally to end the rant, it really is a great sport and great way to let out aggression. Some throw iron around, some shoot plates.

Here is my tiny, tiny collection. I am in the market for a 1911 if you guys see anything in thrift stores [​IMG].

[​IMG]

Also, anyone know how to stain remove on a wool sweater? I saw this Zegna in my size and really like the color (despite the extreme lack of cold weather in Florida...ever). I would attempt "the treatment" but it doesn't seem like the best idea on wool. I would think it would mis-shape it. If nothing good, it may just have to make a trip to the dry cleaner. I got it for a steal so I cannot complain if it can't be repaired. Probably N/A.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, anyone familiar with this label? I picked it up and with the exception of thesleeves needing to be taken out, it fits great off of the rack. Obviously is PZ, but my research did not really show anything distinct about it. Sorry I don't have a mannequin so the bed is all you get [​IMG]. It is called Abito Privato (I think) Su Misura. Probably not available.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also found this nice Polo Linen NWOT Jacket with Ticket pocket. Size 46L. If there were pants, they were no where to be found. Again, sorry about the pictures. Available.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Also found this. Looks a little dated, but I have A LOT to learn at the age of suits and coats. I remember reading something about judging by the union tag, but I forget how to tell the age. Zegna Switzerland Silk and Wool.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.