The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I got a nice litho from housing works thrift in NYC, via their online auctions. The end price was more than fair and they charged zilch for shipping, and the way it was packed it must have cost like $40 to ship it flat. Only thing I've gotten from them, though - I'm sure it's spendy in there otherwise.

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. chiron

chiron Senior member

In the same boat here... way too many orphans.

4. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Returning isn't an option unfortunately, but I'll take a $12 hit as a lesson well learned. Currently attempting to read as much of this thread as possible, gonna need more beers....

5. Randy

Randy Senior member

Well, VirtruviusR, from the looks of the pic, that Pink shirt looks way too small for you. When you fold the cuff back up in half, the end of the folded cuff looks like it will be well above your watch. You don't just put cufflinks in the bottom set of cuffholes -- rather a single cufflink is put through the four cuffholes (both sets) when the cuff is folded back onto itself.

6. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

PM me if you really want some cufflinks LOL.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

7. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

Change your preferences to view 100 posts per page. It makes browsing this thread infinitely easier.

8. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

I noticed that that after I took the pic as well, I think its because it is really bunched up at my elbow, not sure. Wearing it now, it seems to fit appropriately , though a touch short (which is often the case for me -__- if I want the body to fit even close to how it should the sleeves are almost always short). I know I'm probably coming off as a huuuuuge noob [​IMG], but I do know that the cuff is supposed to be folded over and the cufflink inserted into both holes in the cuff on a shirt with french cuffs.

I think the best solution to my fit woes is to just hit the gym MUCH HARDER lol....

9. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Senior member

some interesting items today...

vintage japanese SS Scuba knife,i dont know what im gonna do with it but at five bucks i couldnt leave it there

[​IMG]

almost mint Vision Snowboard for $10,should get around $150 in november.

[​IMG]

excellent condition Noreso (DUAL) TT,i have way better sounding equiptment but i cant resist aluminum on teak [​IMG]
    it actually sounds pretty good,but looks better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this a strange one like new,italian made Corneliani "frankensportcoat" .
    its a regular sport coatl when you remove a vest liner,can be used as a vested sport coat when not removed and can be used as a coat when buttoned all the way up.
    on top of that has lots of leather trim and working cuffs.size 42 (54 EU) available

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

A while back, some awesome guys on this forum helped me out in a time of need by sending me their
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and wouldn't take a cent from me, even to cover shipping!

Well folks, it looks like I'll never
    be able to pay it back so welcome to the ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's got a cracked button on the cuff but there's extras attached to the shirt tail!
    [​IMG]
    Looks like a pull but I think it's just the linen. A "knitpicker" should pull it back nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's right...XL bay-bee! (Although this one might need to be measured. It seems a bit smaller than the Paul & Shark)

[​IMG]
    It feels a bit heavier than a sport shirt but not quite full on flannel.

[​IMG]
    Come a bit closer...

[​IMG]
    If you are a demonstrably regular poster in this thread (based entirely on my personal opinion of you and your posts)
    and you think either or both of these shirts are for you, send me a PM calling dibs.
    Ask any questions about the shirts, which I'll answer to the best of my ability and then after I get your shipping address

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I do reserve the right to call it off on account of any douchebaggery that might take place and I reserve the right to judge said douchebaggery

11. stevefisher

stevefisher Member

wow great finds. i will have to hang out on ebay and forum more. :)

12. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Frenchy: Wow! That turntable!! :slayer::slayer:

Nothing crazy today, but I'm satisfied. Apparently it was hoodie day . Lululemon and Y3 are keepers. Was actually going to go out and blow $100 on a Lululemon hoodie but then found this today. It was fate. Love this stuff!

- NWOT Y3 Yohji Yamamoto black hoodie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- Lululemon black hoodie.

[​IMG]

- NWT Billionaire Boys Club Hoodie. Made in Japan.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Woah! Available? / size? / DIBS!

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Happy, but not thrilled, although I love winning ebay auction (who dosent). Been wanting a pair of Stand's but already have a pair of Walnut Sanfords [​IMG]. Watching that damn ebay count down got to me and I knew I could win them as the other two guys were bidding $1 over $1 [​IMG]

Won the Strands by .07, lucky lucky, but you always got to end your bid with a few cents over the full dollar. Has one me countless auction by only a few pennies [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261061296710?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/261061299847?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

15. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Brag? Judge me not. But I was a bit surprised that after less than a day, a lowly tie I posted last night has received $10 more than the starting bid. I wonder if the bidders know they can get it on a certain Republican website (I mean no disrespect) NWT for $37?

Behold the power of the Vine: http://tinyurl.com/6qzxv97

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.