1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

[Refuses to quote the far too many posts on the diversion]

As your attorney, I advise against this line of argument.

Besides, it detracts from the fact that, in a single week, I've found almost thirty Zegna shirts. EDIT: Oh yeah, and SEVEN RLPL ITEMS: 5 ties, 2 shirts!

[Insert humblebrag gif here, and hopefully re-rail the thread]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Towers

Towers Senior member

I'm thinking the double whammy of Halloween and Christmas traffic in my neck of the woods, plus I imagine a lot of people wait until after the holidays to do donation runs.

All of the 50% off days don't help either, brings out the volume flippers (or just volume buyers) in droves and seems to drive in a lot of students around here as well who usually buy garbage but occasionally scoop some nice stuff by accident.

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Close, but not quite. It was started when a guy who made a fairly standard complaint about perceived unequal treatment in the workplace - something we have all been guilty of at one point or another, regardless of the field - was greeted with a lengthy screed about the uselessness of young journalists and the intricacies of the modern world of journalism. There was a 2 hour gap between ATLJon's initial post and your novella, with little fanfare.

I actually prefer "outrightly sarcastic twit."

4. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

OK, I'll just go ahead and say it straight: You're a straight-up prick. Seriously.

5. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

After getting halfway through the unfinished novel and forgetting it in a rental car, that's on my to-do list. The stuff he never finished, never polished, was so far beyond brilliant--I found myself re-reading paragraphs as I went along just to re-savor them.

6. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Luckily the people in this thread are not complete nutcases.

Imagine if there exists an overly sensitive but sadistic person on here who plans a long term vengeance when he feels that some fellow violated his honor. Months later, he manufactures a trade scenario just to obtain the residential address of that one person whom dared to offend him :devil:

Little bit tipsy so best to ignore this drunkard ..........

7. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

bros: one of my bros needs a staple suit in 38s-39s. hit me on the PM.

sorry brianpore... :hide:

8. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

those goddamn crafty lawyers
    they're like racoons tryin to get in a garbage can

9. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

:rotflmao: I just wanted to say that I woke up this morning and had a bunch of posts to catch up on and it was fairly entertaining. Congrats to all of you that found some cool stuff. Also, FaceofBoh, love that look.
    Happy birthday, GMMcL! Awesome finds and congrats on the pile of RLPL you've recently found. If you decide to let go of any of those RLPL ties, get at me! :)
    Your entire post was awesome and had some really cool things in it. Well done. I rather like the color of that jacket, whenever you get measurements, let me know!
    Wow, that's an incredible score! Hopefully your day got a bit better after that!

10. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thanks for posting it though. It makes for a good deterrent for others (ie: ME) trying it. :hide:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Generally there is a quartermaster's stamp inside the sleeve at the armpit with the date and time. Usually it is in the left sleeve.

It's even more to think about when you are drying your face when you realize another dude was drying his junk with that same towel.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Dig...in case you get a package from me, you should know....I am not your secret santa.

13. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

WTF? I was all set to post up a fit pic of me wearing it tomorrow while thanking you publicly as the best Secret Santa EVAR! [​IMG]

Come to think of it, I still can. [​IMG]

You rock, sir. [​IMG]

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You are most welcome. It never even occured to me until this morning that you might think I was your secret santa. lol

15. mrcmcklwht

mrcmcklwht Senior member

They are 44 or 45 and in very good condition, I will check for brand and post later. I think I might shorten them/cut off like 5 cm, they reach all the way to the knee now.

I didn't know Dual was a brand to look for, cool, thx

16. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

This is my turf![​IMG]

J/k welcome to the club [​IMG] As far as GOOD ones, can't really say yet. The ones I've been to occasionally have something decent, but usually a lot of junk to sift through. Persistence is the key.

17. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I'm not from that area but experiences tell me you can find gold anywhere. You just have to dig through all the dirt. Go search where all the rich areas are. Check the thrift stores in those areas. Chances of you finding something nice will be higher, in theory.

Also, generally speaking, folks don't usually reveal their honey holes to just anyone, let along strangers...[​IMG]

18. Towers

Towers Senior member

19. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

I think I read somewhere that thing you really want to watch out for is the remote control. Supposedly the most germ laden thing in a hotel room. I've heard of someone - not me ; ) - who brings their own ziplock bag to put it in.

20. Towers

Towers Senior member

I think this is what we're all really worried about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.