The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jettison

Jettison Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! Not worth risking flipping them I think, so it'll be a (perhaps generous!) gift. Good stuff to add to the thrift corpus all the same.

2. concealed

concealed Senior member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  3. jcb9

jcb9 Senior member

Very disappointing lunch thrift. Saw three pair of AEs with the leather in decent shape, but whoever owned them walked straight through the soles - all of them. You could push the insole up from the bottom. Way too much work for me to pay for with a thrifted pair of shoes.

Then after work I stopped by my sweet spot, and I found a navy Faconnable Wool Parka with the Loro Piana Storm System. It is in perfect condition except for one small hole on the sleeve. Can something like this be rewoven by a good tailor? Shell is 100% wool.

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

FTFY.

5. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

6. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I also doubt that I was just taking a chance my main bet is on ebay where I currently have it listed

I agree it was not an actually outfit that I thoughtfully constructed I was already wearing the jeans and shoes and put the blazer and other pieces on so I could take a picture of just the upper half for the listing of that suit on ebay, after I looked at the pictured I realized that the whole ensable (while kind of rediculous) looked liked many I had seen in pictures from pitti uomo, I posted it not as a legitimate outfit but as a funny coincidence.

7. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

it was not an actually outfit that I thoughtfully constructed I was already wearing the jeans and shoes and put the blazer and other pieces on so I could take a picture of just the upper half for the listing of that suit on ebay, after I looked at the pictured I realized that the whole ensable (while kind of rediculous) looked liked many I had seen in pictures from pitti uomo, I posted it not as a legitimate outfit but as a satire of the dress at pitti uomo, also yes I am new here

8. concealed

concealed Senior member

sorry, the humor was lost on me

eBay is fine, feel free to post a link in your signature, we just don't want to see the thread cluttered up with obvious "FOR SALE" ads

9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

I've been meaning to get a rolling rack for my inventory.

Finally got one today from Walmart. $50 and it supports up to 200 lbs. God, I really need to unload on Ebay.

[​IMG]

10. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Just don't post sale prices. This thread is its own microcosm of SF misfits, but one thing we are not are soulless profit maximizers who are only looking for a quick buck. If you want to fit in here, trying to sell us snake oil in the form of horribly cliche Burberry "jumpers" is not the way.

11. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

This is nice. I've been thinking about doing this exact same thing. [​IMG]

12. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

If you are looking to flip that jacket, you should have gone crazy and sprung for the whole suit. I've never seen a BB 6x1 before.

13. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I appologize that was not my intent, I do want to fit in here. I run an ebay buisness selling things I have thrifted and I thought this would be another good outlet to sell things, in the future I will not post things like that in this thread (especially when they are as ugly as that burberry sweater I do agree with you on that point [​IMG]),
    thank you to everyone who has kindly responded to help me remedy my mistakes I will try to post better things in the future

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

They are so many garment racks sold at various places. I oped for this one cuz it was heavy as hell. Bronze. It beats all the flimsy ones that are made with plastic and chrome. This one also had good reviews. Only two 1 stars vs. forty 5 stars. Check it out and let me know what you think. If you do get another model, please share your experiences.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.