1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

Is this brag worthy?

Edit: google told me not so :(

Oh well, it's for me and fills a gap in my wardrobe

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow - that thing is crazy cool! Love it! Didn't even know T. Pink did tailored stuff.

:slayer::slayer:

Wow - two major shoe scores. Is that a 944 those beauties are resting on? :cool:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. adam-r8

adam-r8 Well-Known Member

Have any of you guys seen the new RL Vintage website? http://www.rlvintage.com/

Some pretty sweet pieces on there which could potentially drum up some extra interest should anyone find some!

4. adam-r8

adam-r8 Well-Known Member

M&S is what i see piles and piles of over here, it's the go to affordable high street store. They do make some decent items, which that would appear to be, but it won't be mega $$$

5. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

Todays finds.
    USAF N-B3 Men's Flying Jacket. Mouton lined hood with coyote trim. A couple spots and a small hole, but warm as hell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ironic considering this week's lengthy discussion on Banana Republic vintage labels. I got two of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fairly recent, staple grey Oxxford nailhead two button suit. Rather current for Oxxford as it is double vented and the gorge is pretty high on the lapels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tod's suede/nubuck chukka boots. Very nice condition.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And, a pair of vintage Florsheim Imperial George boots. You know, chukkas with buckle closures. Sorry, I haven't gotten pics of them yet.

6. eazye

eazye Senior member

Man, I have to restrain myself from picking up every winter coat I see in my size that is of great quality. Just yesterday, I found a no name, DB, navy, made in England cashmere topcoat that was fucking amazing, but I just have no more space for such items. This is no joke, the rod in my closet that I hang all my jackets and sport coats from, literally came unhinged from the wall the other day from the weight of all that shit. First world problems. @evil, it's still a work in progress, I will be posting pics when it's ready, don't worry.

7. eazye

eazye Senior member

Although, if you find anything really tradly in a 38...............

8. dustinmyself

dustinmyself Senior member

I've been looking for a patch pocket blazer, and this will do until great comes along.
    Or a "beater" blazer.

9. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Senior member

Looking to visit the Windy City in a few weeks. Might convince the lady friend to find a few thrifts in search for a ballin' overcoat

10. catside

catside Senior member

:)

[​IMG]

11. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Senior member

Yesterday picked up a Tom Ford style Leonard Logsdail blazer in Brianpore size (PM me, I'm sorry I still haven't gotten back to you about the Abla by the way), along with a crazy brioni silk shirt, 3 recent nwot zegna shirts, 2 super recent hf blazers, and a very recent zegna blazer. I suppose the Logsdail was the only brag worthy find for me, but I'm working on a new rotation to suit my commutes, and these were brand new stores for me. Needless to say, it was exciting. Well, it'd always exciting to find Logsdail (for those who don't know, this is bespoke which I would safely say is of higher quality than the best of Savile row).

There are ~150 unread posts, could someone give thrift minutes?

12. eazye

eazye Senior member

I see your Mighty Mac and raise you a vintage Sawyer suede spring lamb, shearling lined, with antler buttons. :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. eazye

eazye Senior member

Hit me up, I'll take you to some good spots! :cheers:

14. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

Wow, I can't keep up with everything in this thread! Well done Dig, TheWGP, DM7, Samuel Smith, ATLjon, DustinMyself, Eazy and Mainy (and anyone else I forgot!).

15. catside

catside Senior member

It would be an epic trade if yours fit me mate.
    BTW you should check what TweedyDon is selling on AAAC:
    A Paul Stuart 3 piece tweed!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Guess whose size? Hint: Lives in a windy place.

16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Oh yeah.

SICK! I love Belvest suits. Very nice.

Just hired my wife as my first full time employee :) but shes on the back end... financials, shipping, etc. Not the creative side... not quite sure I trust someone else to do that yet. Even though you are right.

:slayer:

Both real, the dot one is sicknasty. The barocco one form your closet may be close to a C note.

Valid points, all.

----

MAINY - the C&J's you found in your last post are handgrades, dont forget that when listing. Thats the top of the line.

17. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

18. eazye

eazye Senior member

Cant comment on the realness, but a sweet tie non the less. :slayer:

19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

PS, Ive never even looked at Etsy, and I found something I want. Can you make offers, or whatever? I dont want to pay what they are asking :)

20. eazye

eazye Senior member

That one's from my personal stash. :D Do you have a link to that suit? I'm assuming the windy place is Chicago. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.