The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Hahahahaha, that's really cute! [​IMG]

2. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

B. Nelson (a forum sponsor, I believe) will beat that price for the same (if not even better) service. They have two levels of re-crafting. Re-crafting isn't necessarily something you should leave to someone without knowing their reputation.

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Well it sounds like anything needing recrafting isn't really worth flipping (with the exception of those gucci loafers). I'd offer to proxy them in a week when I get back, but no clue what size they were...

4. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

For AE level, no. For Lobb, EG, G&G, etc., possibly.

Speaking of experience, can anyone recommend a quality re-weaver? Doesn't matter if I have to send away - I want the best quality work possible.

5. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

I think everyone who has had at least 6 alcoholic beverages this evening needs to pound a Brooklyn summer ale. What a beer!

6. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

I had a case of that shipped back to me [well-disguised] last time I was in NYC and tried it. Agreed, a great beer. Wish I could get it, or Session beer, down here in the dirty south.

7. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Alright, here's some shit from the last few days. This is Thursday's pickups I alluded to. All from one store:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Older label, but very nice. Tapered flat front pants, great styling. Might keep, not sure yet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This thing is super fucking weird. I've never seen a jacket like it. It's like...a cross between a windbreaker and a SC in terms of feel. Very "sheeny' feeling, but it has total SC styling. Really weird...but not too surprising from Boss, who likes to do weird shit. Oh well, ebay fodder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Normally pass, but this and the next one were in NWOT/NOS condition, so I picked them up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks basically new in person, including the buttons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seems to be super recent Boss. Ebay fodder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recent BB in large size (Fall '06). Ebay fodder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recent BB in large size (Fall '04)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Recent Boss. Ebay.

WINNER!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Canali "Exclusive Collection". The quality of this shit can't be overstated. I've handled a Kiton 14 Micron, and this and the next one are pretty much almost as soft as it. Amazing handfeel. Pick stitching like a motherfucker....all the way from the top of the lapel to the bottom of the jacket, and even on the pants pockets (!!). Side vented, flat front, tapered pants. Absolutely perfect modern styling. Content tags are pretty clean...these can't be more than a few years old. Pristine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Non-working working cuffs" is the best way I can describe this. Has all functional cuffs, but there's a thread of fabric preventing you from pulling all but the first one out. Could easily cut it to have fully functional cuffs. Otherwise, same as the last one, but Super 180s (!!!!), and feels noticeably different. Both are soft...as..clouds. Tiny wearing (as you can see in the pic) at the cuff tip, but otherwise excellent.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GORGEOUS color. Not "exclusive collection", but absolutely no noticeable difference from the other two - pick stitching still all throughout, amazing handfeel, etc.

Lots of "firsts" in today's finds...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First ever Stefano Ricci shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bright Paul & Shark yachting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1) Real?
    2) How many cars can I plan to buy from selling this monstrosity? [​IMG]
    (also a first)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2nd ever (love the first one to death)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (3rd ever)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Know nothing about it but it's my size and I love the color

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st ever W&G (also had to leave behind a 2nd W&G shirt that had a hole and multiple stains)

[​IMG]

Surprisingly, first I've found. Flat fronts, and my size [​IMG]

[​IMG]

PRL Madras made in India. If no one's interested, I'll definitely keep it. Very interesting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First Barbera shirt

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very recent (I think??) HF Customized. Not sure, might be an orphan but even if so, very passable as an SC.

Also saw a (first) Ferragamo shirt but pit stains were unsalvageable. Also unpictured 5x near NWT condition blue/white herringbone BB SCs, directly from the dry cleaners (left 8x white ones in the same size an 5x pink ones...a tiny amount of collar wear on them). Also got a pair of AE split toe bluchers.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

8. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Ossendrijver Lanvin stuff is among my most coveted wants, truly sick to pick up Lanvin Boutique stuff.

Excellent haul and your wife is like mine, knowledgeable about mens brands and clothing and adept at pulling stuff out of a rack with a zillion things.

9. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

I read his wiki not that long ago and remembered reading about a tag change for the 20th anniversary. I also found this thread link. Where they say if it is blank it is either line 0 or 1. But i don't think that makes sense because 0 and 1 are on the tag. I think they are just a little bit older then what we are used to seeing.

10. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I highly doubt you could turn a Yamamoto suit for a profit at that price...maybe a Thom Browne or similar buzzy name, but Yamamoto has too many years behind it to attract as many bids on something as blase as a suit. Maybe if it were a leather or overcoat...

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

But it is Spoo after all...*

[​IMG]

*although I think you're right

12. Mister Squishy

Mister Squishy Active Member

A few miscellaneous items found recently:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Burberry pure linen cream SC. 40ish. No other tags. Any info on this? It seems legit, right? It was pricier than normal, so I'm wondering what something like this would go for.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Pendleton wool yellow melange sweater with nice leather buttons. Grotesque yet beautiful. Keeping & wearing for that Beach Boys/Mr. Rogers vibe.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Polo RL cotton tie for old Marshall Fields. Hopefully no Easter eggs were harmed during its making.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

ANDRO - Nice scoop on the tie. You'll get $65-$95 depending on how the wind blows.

I thought so too, glad I left it. Thank you so much!

14. eazye

eazye Senior member

I love the PRL madras stuff. I've got a couple of ties and shirts that are among the shit that gets the most play in my wardrobe. I also received the other day what could possibly be the most awesomest PRL madras pants from Horses-Ass, pics to follow after they return from the tailors.

15. eazye

eazye Senior member

So, the Lanvin Boutique stuff is the "good shit" even though it has the old L logo?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.