• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two more pairs of cufflinks, they are ginormous. And actually found the matching spark pluc tie clip to the spark plug links I picked up a couple weeks ago. Same brand on the plug too. 60 miles away from where I picked up the links.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
You have any more of those mannequins available?

+1 that looks pinnable and fully articulating. I need one of those.
Is that Mrs. Spoo?

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that unit was made in Norway by a company called Bruksbo.
Cado units are very impressive i just dont like the fact that you have to drill like 30 holes in your wall to install them,this one is free standing and took me literally 10 minutes to put together.
here it is in all its glory (not my pic)

WOW frenchy just killed it. amazing. what is that CADO-ish unit? WOW.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
grendel,you asked for some tips.
actually to be perfectly honest there are none,besides living in a big city with lots of thrifts and going to most of them full time.
dont forget this is my job,its basically just dumb luck...well to find it,once its there you obviously have to recognize what you have.
but the finding part is just simple math,to put it in perspective since june 1 i have done 5700 KM on my volvo.
i basically get an oil change once a month from all the mileage i do looking for this stuff.
its not even location within the city or timing,just basically pure chance by way of volume.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
that was a unit by Clausen & Son.you should have a silver sticker somewhere in the back or first drawer
great stuff frenchy! good to have you back. i'm a fool for mcm and I've actually got what i think is this exact piece:

unfortunately, did NOT pay thrift store prices for it.

goneAWOL

Reaction score
grendel,you asked for some tips.
actually to be perfectly honest there are none,besides living in a big city with lots of thrifts and going to most of them full time.
dont forget this is my job,its basically just dumb luck...well to find it,once its there you obviously have to recognize what you have.
but the finding part is just simple math,to put it in perspective since june 1 i have done 5700 KM on my volvo.
i basically get an oil change once a month from all the mileage i do looking for this stuff.
its not even location within the city or timing,just basically pure chance by way of volume.

This is how I picture you looking
lol8[1].gif
But seriously, are you in the cast of one of the storage unit shows?
dave-hester-storage-wars.jpg

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quoting myself because post was held back for moderation

Wow.....

Mind blowing finds as always! What model are those B&O speakers? Identical ones (Beovox S50) came with my Beocenter 7000 system and stand that I picked up several weeks back.

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
nataku mine were the S45 series 2,i kinda regret selling them.excellent sound
i sold mine for $400 yours are the model one up from mine

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@SteveKane - nice pickup, welcome to the forum.

Thrifting is weird sometimes. I was just thinking this morning that I've never seen a Charvet shirt in the wild. This afternoon I stumbled upon 5 of them, unfortunately they were all too small for me (15 neck), french cuffed (I'm trying to limit myself here) and $35 each, so I passed.  Must have been DM7s leftovers. If anyone in LA is interested I can let you know where they are at.

A $35 shirt--of any label--is from thrift store?

Just wondering.

highlifeman

Reaction score
Nice.....Now I need to find some "really good" stuff to consign to Spoo so I don't feel guilty browsing his auctions every day
sly.gif

If I ever decide to do, why I would consign only to Spoo?
Because while browsing his stuff, I found myself almost bidding on a cocktail dress he posted! Presentation is everything! Check it out.
biggrin.gif

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

+1 that looks pinnable and fully articulating. I need one of those.
Is that Mrs. Spoo?

Definitely pinnable. 'tis not Mrs. Spoo. :D

Nice.....Now I need to find some "really good" stuff to consign to Spoo so I don't feel guilty browsing his auctions every day :sly:

Nah man, just be cool and post some cool **** for me to look at in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads