• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Charvet is a nice one. If theres no pulls you should get at least $50-$60 for it.

Very carefully phrased, because the other one should be killed with FIRE! (Sorry, barrelntrigger).

Apropos of nothing: has anyone else been having trouble with getting emails from styleforum? Mine just stopped. I guess I should check my spam folders....

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very carefully phrased, because the other one should be killed with FIRE! (Sorry, barrelntrigger).
Apropos of nothing: has anyone else been having trouble with getting emails from styleforum? Mine just stopped. I guess I should check my spam folders....

Emails from PM's always come. Daily subscription emails are hit and miss.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I get one update email about every week and a half. Not that I need it anyway.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSA I know there is a lurker or noob out there somewhere who is about my size and needs a solid start into MC. I have WAY too much volume right now (~50 pants and shirts), so if you can rock a 34' waist and a 16/16.5 shirt (regardless of length on either, get at me, as I have a wide variety). What you can expect is decent shirts and pants at true THRIFT prices ~$5 per shirt and pants for Zanella or similar pants, and Ike Behar or similar shirts. I'm not touting this stuff as the best clothing on the planet, but its all respectable, and you won't get a better deal. So in short, if your approx. 16 shirt and 34 pants hollachaboy to fill out a fledgling MC closet. I also have a variety of SC/Suits in 40R/42R which I will also let go at thrift prices. Someone please help me clear this **** out without redonating or taking the time to make a ton of ebay listings, I want them in a good home.

Good stuff my man! On another note, got back from a mini vacation to find 200+ unread posts. Good job guys! I'm glad we are back to posting cool finds. Nothing much from me lately I'm afraid, however I did pick up a super boss Toshiba ghetto blaster. Thing weighs about 30 pounds and originally came with a remote, alas, it was nowhere to be found. I'm going to try to get my computer fixed today, so hopefully I can start posting pics again soon.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get one update email about every week and a half. Not that I need it anyway.

I turned off all subscription emails, they are pointless. I have retained PM emails and I get them almost instantaneously. If you find that you are not receiving them, add the email address "[email protected]" to your contacts list to avoid messages being relegated to the spam folder.

amazing haul dm7, your finds give me inspiration to get out and thrift, but also make it feel pointless because I know I will never score quite like that!

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, I also picked up a POW J Press jacket, fits me pretty well but I've got enough of those as it is so I'm going to offer it up here for cost plus shipping. Pics to come. Also want to give a shout out to TDP, ocoony, 330CK, Horse's_Ass, and everybody else that I've recently done trades/sales with. A pleasure as always, gentlemen. :cheers:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
unicor1.jpg

34/32
Pre dibs'ed to a SF member who has been looking for these. Will repost if they become available
Now officially available.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Charvet is a nice one. If theres no pulls you should get at least $50-$60 for it.

If I get lucky on the bay
smile.gif
One of my best sales ever wIas a Karastan runner (Williamsburg Collection). I got it free New, wrapped in plastic, in the original box. Sold for $900

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Wes, impressive as always.
Those Zegna's are kind of hideous. The Charvet is very nice though.

Thanks, bud. I almost left the Charvet cuz after spending 10 minutes at the tie rack, I felt my brain was melting...

Hahaha, it's ok, honesty is appreciated. After 30 min. at the GW, I lost my will to thrift. I picked those up only to have something to show for. I'll try to sell it on the bay and maybe some lucky person will burn it for me.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DM7: As everyone else said, Wow! Epic post - 40k was just icing on the cake! Good to see you're still around!

I did pick up a super boss Toshiba ghetto blaster. Thing weighs about 30 pounds and originally came with a remote, alas, it was nowhere to be found. I'm going to try to get my computer fixed today, so hopefully I can start posting pics again soon.

These things are $$$$. The bigger and heavier, the better. These are usually the ones with two antennas (Rabbit-ear style). Nice find! Care to share which model it is?

frenchytoo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
quoting myself because post was held back for moderation
some finds from june...
lets start with some audio since everybody likes music

mint condition SANSUI with rosewood finish,best receiver i have ever owned PERIOD

how about some B&O rosewood speakers to go with that

prefer walnut? PARADIGM brand new in box form 2006

whats better then brand new Paradigms?
how about brand new in box never used BOSE 501s from 1980

prefer british speakers?

how about something to power them?
(sold for $900 bought for $50)

but you say,"hey Frenchy how about some instruments"
short scale mint condition Ibanez Bass form 1978

chairs...

leather swedish chair

this one is on the current set of mad men (later model and different color)

how about a funky dentists chair from the seventies (a tattoo parlour owner bough this one off me)

storage

lamps

Danish...

very rare japanese Yamada Shumei

desks for Typhoid

sofas

complete set for DYRLUP DENMARK

some art

as exciting as those were there was only one item that really blew my mind (im a bit jaded after all these years of finding ****)

a brand new never ridden 1971 Japanese Bridgestone bike with the warranty card and instruction s still attached at a goodwill for $100 ( a guy fooowed me to the parking lot and offered me $500 on the spot but this one is a keeper).
all the lights still work,has the original Primus pump and tools in tool box.i cant even find a a pic of a used one never mind a new one.
the only pic i could find is in a Bridgestone Brochure from 1971
this thing is heavy but its fast

and a guy i know,i was actually precent when he found it got a REAL vintage Tag Heuer Monaco for $7.99 at Value Village (Savers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics