1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

also I am probably going to stay in california but maybe michigan or illinois if I get into u of m or uchicago so no worries about competition, unless I go to ucla then I will become the next DM7 and thrill you with my daily kitons I find on the side of the street [​IMG]

2. caseyfud

caseyfud Senior member

I don't know; I lost something like 5 pounds in my freshman year so you might end up needing some of my 14.5 shirts.

3. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I hope not my neck is disproportionately skinny enough as it is, 6 5' with a 15.5 neck looks weird but 14.5 would look even weirder [​IMG]

4. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

go to michigan for architecture.

on a good day 15.5 more like 15.75/16. but the shirt sounded nice. and i like the x-slim.

signature edited ... you sly bastards [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  5. staxringold

staxringold Senior member

:fistbump:

6. concealed

concealed Senior member

Sorry, just needed to repeat this [​IMG]

7. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

WOW

[​IMG]

8. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

question for the secret Santa peoples. would you be mildly disappointed if you received an awesome spring type jacket? I found a great silk/linen unstructured jacket in a most wonderful spring pattern. hesitant to gift it to someone who might be expecting winter wares? anyone?

1 person likes this.
  9. grendel

grendel Senior member

Depends on the person, but I would not be disappointed. Also, pantharella socks... hint hint. [​IMG]

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:marchal:

11. concealed

concealed Senior member

I tihnk you are far enough away from Ann Arbor, Nat :)

12. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Architecture at Michigan is actually my #1 plan right now sorry nat also it helps that most of my family has gone there and my uncle is on the board also I was serious about the skeet blankets I need a Christmas gift for my dad and he really likes them someone might get the first ever styefor sale of Graham's

13. grendel

grendel Senior member

Did anyone go to the Barbour thing in NH?

On the To Ki To keep in mind that they're Japanese sizes. The XL fit me and I'd normally wear a Large... My Beaufort 42 is much bigger on me than my Barbour x To Ki To motorcycle jacket

14. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Aaah, re-read and it made more sense now. Every time I see U of M I think University of Minnesota. :laugh:

15. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

I have family all over the state so dont count on it are you in traverse city or Leland?

16. concealed

concealed Senior member

I live in New England, I was letting Nat know that he mis-read your post.

17. catside

catside Senior member

Hey Concealed, Scored 3 Press wool pants, if they don't fit me, it may mean they will fit you!

18. eazye

eazye Senior member

Wow, didn't think I'd be in the top 10. This is however, the only thread I actually post in regularly.

Wow, that is just fantastic! Good score, I would wear the hell out of that. :slayer:

I have, in fact, done almost every color and it's worked almost every time. The only thing I've ever destroyed was a Barracuta Harrington jacket. Moral of the story, don't use the treatment on anything with a colored liner. :facepalm: I actually found a Bijan linen tuxedo shirt last year that was the most disgusting shade of yellow, one soak in the ol' oxyclean, followed by a hot wash in the laundry and that sumbitch looked and smelled like a fresh spring morning.

19. Towers

Towers Senior member

I'm seeing this at one of the Value Village stores i hit regularly, ties start at $6.99 for beat-ass stained polyester, saw a moth eaten and frayed prada suit at $99 and a nwt hugo boss unlined cotton stretch that looked like it had been in a garbage bag for a few months for $249.99. Both of the suits were gone within a week :(

20. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Man, reading this thread has become an experience comparable to Infinite Jest: I need two bookmarks -- one for the past drama, one for the present. :slayer:

Ahem:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OXXFORD SAUCE

18.1 shoulders
    21.7-ish P2P
    30.5 length

LAUREATE? OWENTSIA?
    Words that mean nothing to me in this context...

Good? Not good? Meh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.