The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

PM me just before you list those Kiton ties at $9.99 [​IMG]

2. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

At least no one has started with the politics. :hide:

3. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Damn Steel-toe too. I'm sure there's a factory-visiting CEO somewhere in the world dying to have those.

4. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

And another thing...

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Is anyone a 42 waist and need NWT flat front Zanella staple khakis? Id trade or give for a future pickup.

6. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I'll trade for a belt :hide:

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

:paranoia:

8. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Comme des Garcons literally means "like the boys" or "as boys" and started as a women's haute couture line in the mid 70s. They've been making mens RTW items for well over 25 years and this is a collaboration between SNS Herning, one of the best knitwear companies in the world and located in Denmark. They've become mad popular with the streetwear scene over the past few years as they touch on the heritage aspect of fashion. CdG's wiki page is pretty spot on, so I suggest you to check there if you want information on a brand and you suspect they've been around for awhile.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I have a friend who works at REI and he says that since their return policy is so lenient, they've had people able to return/exchange items that were 20+ years old.

Whoops, sorry! :hide:

10. madmacs

madmacs Senior member

Or an engineer... was going to ask the size, but I see it says 9E... oh well, wasnt the current ansi standard for protective footwear anyway... lol

11. madmacs

madmacs Senior member

Now I had to use REI's total satisfaction guarantee with my FiveFingers (they only come with a 90 day warranty apparently) REI actually suggested bringing them into the store for replacement, which they did... very satisfied customer

I think it's LL Bean that has a similar sort of warranty, which someone used on an ancient pair of boots...

and while on the subject of warranties and good customer service... skullcandy, free upgrade of my full metal jackets to their heavy medals... alan edmonds, cheap shoes laces for their shoes, well worth looking... burberry, not so much so, $50 for a new trench coat belt plus $8 for shipping - not bad considering it's $1800 for a new coat, but it's still a $10 belt really... now anyone want a $50 pair of shoes?

12. tonylumpkin

tonylumpkin Senior member

That would be me sir!

13. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

WTF, I think 4 articles of clothing have been present in the past 100 posts.... Anyway, first thrift fit

[​IMG]
    So, how do you guys normally have your pull-overs altered? Take in the waist from the back seam? This one is a big baggy... LOL. On a serious note, is it considered a true three piece if one of the articles is an umbrella? BTW all PRL, snagged the umbrella today which unfortunately is the only item I can keep.

14. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

They may be tightening up. I tried to return a Marmot jacket whose zipper came undone (about 2 years since I purchased). They can look up your purchases by member # but conveniently could not find this marmot jacket :angry: . Funny since I kept the original tags with the REIprice tag. One day I'll find that receipt...

Here are yesterday's finds:

Coat is not as glossy as this pix is showing it to be. I’ll be haunting this thrift for the next few weeks to see if the pants/vest show up (note that tag sez 3pc). If not, I can certainly rock it as a SC. :nodding: Plebian ZZegna fits me great!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

J. Crew FF khaki pants with sailing flags embroidered all around. 34W x 31.5 inseam. Inside waistband is stamped “Sample”. Available.

[​IMG]

15. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

So... Are there any maritime collectible experts? I asked yesterday, but had no pics. Got this Rostand brass porthole at an auction a couple years ago. I have no idea of the age and I was hoping someone here could help me identify its age and/or value.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.