The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Sweet coat. I'm pretty sure line 6 is a women's line, so rev up the Google before listing it; otherwise, you'll end up with a pissed-off buyer.

EDIT: But who knows...it looks like a dude's coat? :confused:

@VLSI: I say sell the shirt if you don't like it. Trying to impress women will never work -- you must act like you're trying not to impress them.

:foo:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Yoox says line 6 is women's.

What's that you say? :puzzled:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012

3. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

what are you, amish?

4. Wizard Swears

Wizard Swears Well-Known Member

Here's from today's safari:

Found this and nearly shit myself (it was my first to see in the wild)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I had to hunt down the pants because I wasn't going to commit the faux pas of wearing a pin stripe orphan as a SC. Searched the whole store and it was in the last placed I looked, funny how that is.
    [​IMG]
    Then my hopes and dreams were crushed. Saw this and died a little inside...
    [​IMG]
    Pass.

6 solid white BB staples and one checkered from same donor - all had a severe case of ring around the collar.
    [​IMG]
    Pass.

Found this old BBGF 2 piece:
    [​IMG]
    But as today's luck would have it...
    [​IMG]
    Fit me decently, but not perfect.
    Pass.

Found this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Authenticity?

Other things from that same store I passed on were: 2x BB SC's (holes on both and one was made in Mexico, although it had a nice pattern), an old Lanvin with problems, a SWEET Fox Knapp heavy overcoat but it wasn't my size, and some other items (but for the sake of a long post, I'll withhold pictures)

Things found over course of vacation:
    If you know about these then you know they = MONEY!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    My size, but I only like the yellow one. The others are going to the bay.

How recent is this?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Picked this up because it was NWT - Bugatchi Uomo
    [​IMG]

For you Pendleton junkies: Left two are size XL (but, the one on the right is a woman's coat and was NWT until I got home and can't find the tags. Weird. All unavailable currently - have IRL a buddy who has first dibs.
    [​IMG]

Picked this up because I liked the pattern/colors and it was my size. Anyone know anything about this label? I see it frequently but can't seem to find anything on it.
    [​IMG]

And finally,
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Available - PM me for measurements if interested. It's collarless so that might be a factor for some of y'all.

5. amadar

amadar Senior member

Damn, been gone for 2 days and I miss the epic transformation of the thrifting thread into the dog-love thread. I don't think its too late to get my submission in. This is my 1.5 yr old Staffordshire Bull Terrier. I forget who mentioned that they were looking at pit bulls......If you want a pit bull, without the hassle of (potential) aggression, I would highly recommend a Staffy. Half the size (she's 35 lbs) and the sweetest tempered dog I have ever encountered. Plus people don't run away in fear when I walk her down the block since they think she is just a "pit puppy".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Wizard Swears

Wizard Swears Well-Known Member

Comcast is unavailable in my apartment complex (and as far as I know, the whole state of Louisiana) but I am going to get it once I make my move to Oregon next month.

And I got a home phone to get the cheaper bundle plan and all that shit does is ring (I thrifted a phone sans an answering machine) I play the waiting game to see how bad someone wants me to answer.

7. chiron

chiron Senior member

We got rid of the cable 2 years ago... cant stand how overpriced they are. We do have High speed DSL and two new TVs with wifi and web browsers. Have yet to miss a show you get on Comcast or any other cable provider.

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I cancelled my cable and it turns out I get it anyways :paranoia:

No one has been out to disconnect me yet. Setting it up was a huge pain in the ass, however. I was asking about a promotion on internet service that they were running and upgraded my connection based on the price quoted. I then proceeded to cancel my TV in the same phone call. There was no further mention of price. I get my bill at the end of the month -- "oh we're sorry, that price was based on a bundle with your TV service." There was no mention of it being a bundle deal when I signed up. This was cox.... Screw 'em, I'll continue to enjoy my free TV.

9. eazye

eazye Senior member

Annnnnd my laptop took a shit on me two days ago. Less posts and no pictures for the next few days. :brick:

10. Randy

Randy Senior member

I'm wondering if it's an old medical lab jacket.

11. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

I bought mine way back when. Then, a few months later, I went on vacation and bought my Rolex on impulse. :embar:

The Seiko sat in its box for 10 years and the kinetic cell went bad. $40 later, I now make sure to wear it once a week.

12. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

If you read back in the thread, you can find a surefire way to remove ring around the collar.

...You also might not consider Bugatchi Uomo to be so brag-worthy.

330CK: Blast that Margiela jacket being a womens item!

13. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

What's the deal with bullock & jones blazers found a nice creme 100% silk one today. It's 46 couldn't really think who would get dibs. Thoughts?

14. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

That sounds like a Chinese name. He's making all the Asian brothas look bad. Damn, sounds like you won't be thrifting much or sleeping much for that matters.

15. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Keep cool, wear that shit, get some numbas, do what you do, and then flip that shit on the bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.