The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Just let me get that Zilli. The Borrelli and Loro I already have something liek that in my closet, but that Zilli, I've been looking for something liek that forever. Plus he's in San Francisco! That's my other territory!

I'll throw in some shirts that have short sleeves and are small for you along with the Poole (which I will ship tomorrow, after I finish my final which is in 6 hours...) Oh yeah, might wanna check those buttons to see if they're gold Brian. They were metallic and gold color. Why didn't I ever check. I should go check. But damn, I'm at the library and I would have to open the package and repackage.. Why am I talking to myself. Why am I on styleforum, I should be studying Spectral Theorem and continuity due to adjoint matrices on the Jordan Canonical Form.

Looks like Belvest, maybe old Corenliani.

If it's under 50, the conversion is -10. (I could probably do some math and tell you what to multiply it be exactly, but too lazy).
    If it's over 50, it tends to be around there. I think its multiply by .78. So that:

EU US
    52 = 41
    54 = 42
    56 = 44

etc.

I should really go study now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

Oh yeah, good pass. I just received mine today. That thing was fused and the wool feels a bit more like poly than wool...The shoulders were really padded, too...=(

3. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

I'm interested in the sweater. Any chance you could post or PM me the measurements?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You cray, I would rock the balls offa that

I could get some serious dough for those, I bet. How much did you pay for them?

5. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Um.

Dibs.

PM been had sent.

6. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

[​IMG]

7. grendel

grendel Senior member

Someone tell me more about these Zegna lines.

8. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

My pleasure!

Thanks for the help! They may be real, a lot of is matches up with a couple of pairs that I own. There seems to be a layer of some coating (ant-scratch/glare) that seems to be coming off of the lenses. It doesn't bother me, I just don't want to damage my eyes as a result of wearing crap glasses when I own 10+ pairs of nice glasses.

The furniture looks great and you got a steal on that mirror!! It's funny to see the cow creamer as I pass them on a regular basis. I might grab one next time for the fun of it! If anyone else wants one, let me know! I assume the ones I see are made around here though rather than France.

I'll join the choir in saying that that thing is awesome! If it meausures smaller, I'll get in line!

Nice shirts in a rare small size! Time difference meant that I missed out behind the other smaller guys, but I don't know if the sleeve length would have worked for me anyway. As far as those ties are concerned, isn't the general rule that the more Versace they appear, the better? I'll let others give you better guidance, but if you got them on the cheap I'd guess that you did well.

Damn it.

9. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

I'm pretty sure Taglio Exclusivo is their MTM line. The trofeo is a fabric Zegna uses, and its definitely pretty nice. I think the Trofeo stuff and 15 mil mil stuff is right under EZ Couture. I don't know anything about high performance, but its probably another fabric. I'm guessing both those suits are from the late 90s or possibly early 2000s.

On a side note, I think that windowpane suit is literally the exact same suit I sold about a month ago.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170835885248#ht_1580wt_1344

10. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

I think it's:

Couture
    Su Misura
    Regular
    Z Zegna

In terms of fabric:

15 milmil 15 is supposed to be like Super 150s
    Trofeo is close to 15 milmil 15
    Cashmere and all the cashmere blends
    Silk and the silk blends
    High Performance
    Nothing

11. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rayxlui [​IMG]

Why am I talking to myself. Why am I on styleforum, I should be studying Spectral Theorem and continuity due to adjoint matrices on the Jordan Canonical Form.

Wow, haven't heard that kind of math in awhile. I really should start studying for the FE....

12. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

13. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

What's the word on lubiam. I owe eazye a blazer and I'm looking at a cray cray zig zag one now

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

The ones I have come across, seemed like above average quality. However, they did not flip well, or quickly for that matter. Not sure why, they were nice cashmere jackets with lots of pick stitching and other extras. Perhaps the name just isn't as well known.

15. madmacs

madmacs Senior member

I like mine... has a lot of quality touches like the pocket flap fabric lining up, and the pocket binding being pinstripes across rather than just plain... pickstiching etc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.