1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

Haha no not concurrently we went home an changed and played at one of our other friends neighborhood courts

2. tben

tben Senior member

Holland and Sherry cloth??

3. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Older but awesome Paul Stuart Tweed Suit (had to put this one back together as they split it up). Also looked for a vest but didn't see one. Any tell tail way to know if it was a 3 piece? Pants are double reverse pleated but have side tabs vs belt loops and also the hip coin pocket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Towers

Towers Senior member

No doubt.

5. tben

tben Senior member

Good day then!

6. FaceOfBoh

FaceOfBoh Senior member

Size???
    38R?

7. mingus2112

mingus2112 Senior member

Just wanted to say how great my dealing with Twiznitch was. Bought a BB sport coat from him and it arrived safely in 2 days. All measurements were spot on. I don't usually write a public thank you, but he's only got ONE post on the forum. Just wanted to vouch for him if anyone else was interested in his other items!

-James

8. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Thanks. Just a meeting I overdressed for. I never wore this suit before because its very formal but I thought I'd break it out. It was still appropriate for the situation.

9. Duke63

Duke63 Senior member

Just picked up a couple of Canali shirts in good condition. Possibly available.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Towers

Towers Senior member

Best part is that it fits.

11. catside

catside Senior member

ops wrong thread, sorry boys

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  12. MZhammer

MZhammer Senior member

Here's the like new Goat Suede PRL button up I found... fits and feels like butter but an orange one just sold on fleabay for almost $550 so it may have to go....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. green_machine

green_machine Senior member

Real nice shirt. You can't argue with $550 though.

14. Beck

Beck Senior member

That thing is awesome! it looks nice and probably won't find another like it. Seems to fit you like a glove. Profits something, but your new favorite shirt is another. Very great find thanks for showing

15. Beck

Beck Senior member

Those are very nice shirts, I found a lot at a discount store near by for $20 a piece. Probably from the Nordstrom's nearby. Very cool colors that go with nearly anything, I think there sellable too.

16. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

War Horse costume was a success, best costume I saw last night was a girl dressed as Karl Lagerfeld. Sunglasses, gloves, bow tie, hair sprayed white. Immediately recognizable. She said she'd just come from a party in West Hollywood and none of the guys had any idea who she was (with the exception of one, who asked her to tell him he needed to lose a few pounds). Made me feel both [​IMG] and [​IMG] at the same time.

Staying on thread topic, found this in the pocket of a jacket at GW. Thought it was an interesting receipt to find from decades past.
    [​IMG]

17. Towers

Towers Senior member

Tom James suit, 2 x EZ ties, 2 x Tom James ties, 1 x Brioni, Filo A' Mano for Tom James and a BB country club shirt for me, and two Ascot Changs for some lucky 16 necked regular who likes cutaway collars.
    [​IMG]
    Being from a smaller community than most of you guys are I always feel a bit elated when I see the name of a recently deceased local bigtimer inside a suit followed by guilt because my first thought is 'how many days will it take them to get the whole donation out on the floor?'

I also left an Alexandre saville row shirt on the rack, should I go back for it?

18. plei89

plei89 Senior member

Got a little ahead of myself and read Tom Ford at first.:embar:

19. IRKSM

IRKSM Senior member

if I were you I would keep it for a bit and if you end up not liking it as much sell it, but don't do it immediatley I think most people on here can tell you about their remorse about selling or leaving things they wish they had kept/bought. speaking of that question for the whole thread, what is your favorite item you have ever thifted? also what is your favorite Item you didn't thrift, or were handed down/bought ect. mine favorite thrifted item(s) are those pile of designer dress shirts I found in my exact size (burberry london, gucci, prada, ect) my favorite non thrifted item would have to be my grandpas shawl collar cream colored cardigan he passed on to me when he died, he wore it ww2, and also his/my dads watch which I am having repaired right now

20. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

found recently: AE Clifton 10.5D in ridiculously good condition.

[​IMG]

available (see the trading thread for more deets)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.