• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well Eazye, It was close. But I think the shoulders will still be too wide. I make it more of a 40R TAKEN

Damn spoiler is still broken for me, can't move it down from the top, so pics are above.
Chest 42
Waist 38
Sleeve 24
Shoulder 19
Length 30

Last edited:

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just grabbed a pair of Isaia cotton twill pants. I can't seem to find any tags on the pants. Can anyone help me ID? Buttons say Isaia and the hardware (zipper, clasp) are Italian. They don't fake these things, do they?

Jpmorris

Reaction score
Ok couple random things that someone may want... Im sorta wary to even post these after Attolini for LB and that nasty jacket above me (that I want, hands off!) but here we go. Anyone want crazy modern art esque silk suspenders? Not trafalgar, but im doing cost (1.50) plus shipping, so no bitching.
Wasn't someone talking about these not long ago? How the hell do you end up with mail order deadstock? Avaliable

Jpmorris

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it says 50?

I was wondering the same... I think he's just trying to dellude himself into thinking it wouldn't work... Cant blame a guy for trying.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we are on the topic, I picked up this Lanvin (Licensed) today. I like the pattern and I don't care if it's SF approved or not. I have a good selling average on these.

Lanvin SC 40R

Orvis Sky Blue Linen SC 40S TAKEN

Blackwatch Cotton Unstructured (Unknown Maker) 40R

VTG Saks Heavy Course Weave DB 40R

H Freeman & Sons for Nordstrom DB 48L

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hey guys, noobie here, and just got into thrifting as it fits in well with my post-doc salary and flexible post-doc hours (and now that I have a Ph.D I'll need to stack up on tweeds and elbow patches for this fall). I've pretty much read this thread all the way through over the course of a couple weeks, and was just wondering what you guys look for in terms of pricing. I've only been looking for things that fit, but I bumped into this Loro Piana partially lined linen SC size EU52 (I am EU50/40R :( ). I am not really interested in becoming a flipper etc., since I am way too new to all this, and am really just looking for things for myself.

Anyways, for myself for future reference, this thing was priced at $40 (the store is an actual charity thrift, not consignment). Standard? Good? Bad? I was just looking for guidance as to what you guys look for in terms of price for shirts, SC/blazers, and full suits. I did pick up a Lorenzini shirt there for $10 that I took straight to my tailor to have the sides taken in. Anyways, this thing has been in the store for well over a week so if anyone is interested I can run and pick it up.

Ill give you $85 to go back and buy that for me tomorrow, please. PM me. :D

Couple recent finds:

ATTOLINI BITCHES!!!

Didn't you owe me one? ;)

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it says 50?

I was wondering the same... I think he's just trying to dellude himself into thinking it wouldn't work... Cant blame a guy for trying.

To quote Willy Wonka: Wait. Stop that. Reverse it. (My wallet and willpower thank you that it says "50" not "52")

:embar:

Ill give you $85 to go back and buy that for me tomorrow, please. PM me. :D

Spoo: Dat not ur size! Dat MY size. You pay him $85, then I gotta pay you $850. Why u not let me buy?

Thrift fit coming later. Lots of non-thrift in it, but excited because I think I finally made a nice tie/outfit/pocket square combo.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To quote Willy Wonka: Wait. Stop that. Reverse it. (My wallet and willpower thank you that it says "50" not "52")
shog[1].gif

lol8[1].gif
Yeah, mine too

acosbysweater

Reaction score

speaking of Lanvin, last two times i stopped at my home base GW, i saw a short sleeve shirt with this label:
t8dAI.jpg

the tag had a bunch of what appeared to be japanese writing, couldn't find any other info. it was pretty lightweight, not exactly linen though. is this desirable by SW&D'ers?
looked a lot like this shirt:
um3HS.jpg

EDIT:
forgot to include this:
3VleR.jpg

also, Evil Abed casually throwing in a "cool cool cool" is :slayer::slayer::slayer:

This is "legit" Lanvin, perhaps Spoo could chime in on the vintage. I think its a bit old, the way Armani le Collezioni, V2 Versace, Gucci ( script), etc are. I'm sure there's some vague flipability, but Lanvin has flown pretty low on the SW&D scene, only sneakers and outerwear register on my radar. That Coat by Boglioli posted a few spots up from you, however, are King **** Tom Cat' s pajamas.

No pics but I found a recent Armani suit today and some sweet full last Florsheim shoe trees. Anybody know when the Armani branding switched from the white label to a black backing with white text?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads