1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

I'm around a 42... More a 43. Find something fun?

Left. So. Much. Today. I was proud of myself. Because after all, I'm not thrifting right now, just selling, right?

All I came home with-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Available for an interesting trade.
    Showing it here in more of a 3/2 mode, though it may naturally just be a 3 button, which would narrow up the lapels some.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Few things today:

Hey SW&D guys, are these what I've seen referred to as 'j-pants'? They're made by a highly regarded Canadian designer called Philip Sparks, and I'm pretty sure they're waxed cotton.

About a 34/34 and available... although I'm warning you you'll need fairly small calves to fit into them (felt like it was starting to cut off the circulation to my feet when I tried them on)
    [​IMG]

Pretty awesome Alan Paine lambswool sweater, size 44. Available.
    [​IMG]

And for me, NWT Gant Rugger thick cotton/wool shirt, not thrifted but 70% off. Gonna love this when the weather finally gets colder.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. tben

tben Senior member

Some pretty, what I think, dec. pants. Above^^ They are tagged btwn a 42-44 but measure more like a 42 to 43. [​IMG]

4. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

About a 34/34 and available... although I'm warning you
    Pretty awesome Alan Paine lambswool sweater, size 44. Available.
    [​IMG]

That's awesome

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

LOL rolodex.

6. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

Funny, I left behind Incotex today, and I grabbed what I thought was a second pair (had the buckle loop), only to find that they were Facconable. We should discuss those finds of yours, lemme look them over.

7. tben

tben Senior member

Yeah, it is really interesting. All of the tags matched my Incotex for Zegna. The Faconnable are also made in Romania. I didn't think that Incotex made for Faconnable. Any insight would be appreciated...

8. Towers

Towers Senior member

I'm green with envy.

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Pretty sure that is Giorgio Armani black label. Only maker I've seen with that "Made in Italy" label.

10. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Shouts to the CAP for being routinely awesome: Ordered one hat, he sent two.

For those about to thrift: We salute you.

1 person likes this.
  11. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

100% Incotex made pants for Facconable. I have bought many pairs from Daffys that had both the Facconable and Incotex labels. (looking for one now). Two different pairs of pants but you get the point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

J-pants
    [​IMG]

They literally look like a J. Those look like some sort of anti-fit thing with weirdo snaps along the lower half.

13. Vintage Leather

Vintage Leather Well-Known Member

It's really going to be hard to find that label on anything modern looking - the orange label is mid-70s.

The "good" (a term I detest - I tend to prefer vintage) label - circa Tom Ford and Stephano Pilati - has a similar font but a bit less vertical with "rive gauche" between two small black squares.

As another general note, the company will be Saint Laurent Paris on S/S 13 and onward - the new logo looks like a Tom Ford knockoff. If you see a SL label, however, that isn't a automatic Good Thing - it was also the label they used in the 60s and early 70s

14. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Gotcha, thanks for the photo.

15. benjclark

benjclark Well-Known Member

Look like jodhpurs to me. Made in Canada? Mountie jodhpurs?

16. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

*sheepishly raises hand* I'll go for Bills Khakis in a 42, and other similarly awesome stuff in big boy sizes... let me know.

BTW, I DID go back for those three Samuelsohn cords, so they're now available if anyone wants them, size 36. I also picked up the size 35-36 Orvis khakis... looks like one or two of them are the officer khakis, while the rest are something heavier with little brown lines near the pocket. Pretty nice quality, really, looking at them. There are EIGHT PAIRS of these suckers. Yeah, that's right, eight Orvis khakis and five Bill's khakis from the same guy... plus a lot of JWN's and Express. I wonder if the guy died or something... or if he is now pantsless? :lol:

Oh yeah - Facconable made in Romania or Portugal is Incotex made. Even if you don't see the name on it... look for other tell-tale signs. Watch out for the made in Hong Kong, though!

17. Mox C

Mox C Senior member

Thanks for the details, VL. That helps a lot.

Now that I see that again, it clicks. Using my phone, I looked up the "Made in France" version and saw some items here going for a decent but not crazy price, so I think that misled me.

18. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Word, you won't see J pants very often in a thrift. Basically only weirdo goth ninja brands have been doing this cut. KKA, Rick Owens, Demeulemeester, Julius, Damir Doma, Number (N)ine, Viridi Anne, Cloak are all brands you could look for, but good luck.

Here's a sale SF sale page to get some other photos of proper J pants: http://www.styleforum.net/t/222801/fs-kk-attachment-j-twist-pants/0_100

19. tben

tben Senior member

I am not really familiar with Armani levels, any good? This is a nice jacket, it feels fully canvassed and has a ton of detailing.

Two ballin' pairs of Orvis, two Incotex for Faconnable. I did however pass on Bills in a size 42, I wasn't sure I could move them. If I go back to the store and they are still there during my next run they are yours for cost+shipping, I don't like to deal in Bills, it never worked out too well for me.

20. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Um....dang...38/30 here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.