• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I thrifted that big annoying dent out of the back of my Jeep...

Dude in a van festooned with auto shop banners flagged me down and did it for $300 at the shop ... how 'bout a hundred dollars? ... fifty? ... thirty bucks, final offer!

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah!! Really glad you like it man, and it looks great to me. Very nice!

Today's thrift fit pic. I owed this one to Andro for a while now. Thanks duder!
2 things I knew after taking these:
1) I had to pull up my pants. (They fit, but I've been losing some weight, so up they go)
2) My lips are sumptuous. Hide the women.
Suit is a charcoal HF in Loro Piana Super 130s from Andro
Tie is a silver/blue houndstooth BB Makers from the 90's or something. One of my favorite ties.
Shoes are AE something. Oxfords with little broguing. Grabbed them from Nordstrom Rack when I started my job (moneymoneymoney)

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
I just received a big envelope containing a very nice RLPL shirt from Brianpore and a large box containing a beautiful Italian-made houndstooth Polo by Ralph Lauren houndstooth sport coat with double vents and patch pockets AND a pair of vintage Sperry Top-Siders (IN MY SIZE!!!) from 330CK. It's like Christmas up in here!

Thanks for the trades and I truly hope that you are as happy as I am when your packages arrive.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
fistbump.gif
Can't wait to get my package!

I will say this for the Monsignor stuff- if anyone sees a suit in 36S that's not horribly dated, pick it up and send it my way. I have one, and I actually quite like it. It's not the world's greatest suit, but the jacket is nicely shaped and the fabric is attractive.
fight[1].gif
I think I have to change my name to Brianpore36S
lol8[1].gif

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only one find lately...pair of NWT Bill's Khakis M2 flat-front poplin pants. These things are sick but not my style. If anyone wants them before they head to ebay for considerably less they're available. 35 waist, unhemmed at the bottom.

looks like a stain in the first picture but that's actually the Bill's Khaki logo from the inside of the back pocket. The pants are really breathable and light.

Last edited:

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Sorry to quote myself, but...

I just received a big envelope containing a very nice RLPL shirt from Brianpore and a large box containing a beautiful Italian-made Polo by Ralph Lauren houndstooth sport coat with double vents and patch pockets AND a pair of vintage Sperry Top-Siders (IN MY SIZE!!!) from 330CK. It's like Christmas up in here!

Thanks for the trades and I truly hope that you are as happy as I am when your packages arrive.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

edit: Just got another envelope with a really cool Thom Brown CLUB COLLAR shirt from CottonDockers! Another big thanks!

madmacs

Reaction score

Today's thrift fit... Been trying to find the bathroom empty all afternoon! One time there was a guy in there in the ugliest polo I've ever seen, ill-fitting baggy chinos, and Vibram Five-Finger shoes. At work. WTF?

Anyway:

hey now... no hating on my fivefingers now...

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today I thrifted that big annoying dent out of the back of my Jeep...
Dude in a van festooned with auto shop banners flagged me down and did it for $300 at the shop ... how 'bout a hundred dollars? ... fifty? ... thirty bucks, final offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads