• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think to have that jacket shortened enough will be a stuggle. You will end up to close to the pocket flap and buttons. I guess you could have the flap reduced to make the "drop" less dramatic.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

?
i don't get it

Those are excerpts from British mathematics exams in high school (GCSE's I believe). They highlight the dumb answers some of the kids put in the exams. Some of the answers are quite amusing!

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whelp, there goes my summer linen DB plan. :fu: :fu: :fu: Anybody looking for one? Trade for one in my size? (38) :brick:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love those penguin tags, just a fun bit of graphic design. Sadly the keeper isn't as interesting. It's not bad, but not as cool as that checked band. Picked one up at a marshalls once, and couldn't bring myself to take the tag off for ages. It only came off when I finally wore it, but I usually take any tagging off of new clothing immediately.
The gf liked the tie because of the colors. The pattern is pretty simple and I should be able to pair it with some things in the closet.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuuuuccckkk, well, I'll take your advice on it as you definitely have the coolest fit pics on here. Again,
ffffuuuu.gif

If I have the coolest fit pics on here we have bigger problems...
lol8[1].gif

I'll put some up later, though, because I quite like what I put together today

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
lol The gf like the floral design. At first I was like ehhhh, then upon close inspection I was like WOA! I think I might keep it...

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you go through all the trouble to make this just to make fun of my post or has anyone else placed a Dior tie next o Zegna tie before?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If I have the coolest fit pics on here we have bigger problems... 
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

I'll put some up later, though, because I quite like what I put together today

Well, as far as crazy color and texture and pattern mixing, I would say yes. That seersucker piece was off the hook! I've also been looking for one of those for a while.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heading to LA to check out an apartment in a bit. Expecting a big thrifting goose egg. That said, the last time I went up with my gf, we looked in a couple promising shops and I didn't want to freak her out by going into beast mode. Anyone scare their significant others that way?
Oh man, it takes so much focus and "shoving **** out of the way effectively" techniques just to get to that one shirt or jacket. They are usually pack tighter than a virgin. Stretching is a must to prevent injuries in the shoulders and wrists.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A man rooting through other people's used Stafford shirts
Got my vag feeling like a salamander.
Goddamn.

In other news, I found a couple Barbour shirts today.
I'm going to use them to make a cover for my grill.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Did you go through all the trouble to make this just to make fun of my post or has anyone else placed a Dior tie next o Zegna tie before?

I think what he's referring to is that the Christian Dior tie is, as many others have stated, not brag-worthy in these parts, because it was made back when the company licensed out its name to cheap-o manufacturers. Aka, apart from the name, it has nothing in common with today's Dior.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think what he's referring to is that the Christian Dior tie is, as many others have stated, not brag-worthy in these parts, because it was made back when the company licensed out its name to cheap-o manufacturers. Aka, apart from the name, it has nothing in common with today's Dior.

And is also a running joke on the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads