• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found 2 or 3 pairs of the Koss Pro 4AAAs about a year ago at a yardsale, They do the job, and will be gobbled up if you flip them.

I'm most likely going to keep them. They are just so neat looking. Probably for just around the house though on the hi-fi :D

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm most likely going to keep them. They are just so neat looking. Probably for just around the house though on the hi-fi
biggrin.gif
I don't blame you. I think I still have a pair floating around the studio somewhere. However, I prefer the newer ones with dual volume control, for my recording.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks find Marinella. Some folks find Rooster. I grabbed it because it was Indian Madras.
IMG_20120606_140333.jpg
IMG_20120606_140302.jpg

Nice find! I just bought one like that off of etsy only a little more purple and less green. I love madras.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Scored me some sweet size 38 Bill's Khakis, M1 model, flat front, fresh from the dry cleaners, bitches! I like these things, mostly because they look sleek and are so thick they can stand up on their own. :D

Due to recent breaking news that selling thrift finds = maturity, I am making these available to someone for a low, low price.
Slayer guy: :slayer:

Also kopped one of those ab wheels to offset the recent Oatmeal Cream Pie hauls.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scored me some sweet size 38 Bill's Khakis, M1 model, flat front, fresh from the dry cleaners, bitches! I like these things, mostly because they look sleek and are so thick they can stand up on their own.
biggrin.gif

Due to recent breaking news that selling thrift finds = maturity, I am making these available to someone for a low, low price.
Slayer guy:
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Also kopped one of those ab wheels to offset the recent Oatmeal Cream Pie hauls.

How do those fit? True to size?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

GHo

Reaction score

Both of you, know what the **** you are talking about.
And if you want to hear about having no time to do anything, try walking a week in my shoes.

shuddup and sell us some more cheap ties. :lol:

you're new/updated threads are falling behind a bit. :slapfight:

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, how big is "just a little too big"? What size do you wear? Those shoes are sexy as hell. 

Grendel trying to satisfy the shoe addiction by buying what's a little tight for me, and a little loose for Eazye!

Been finding absolutely nothing the last few weeks and getting a little jealous every time I open this thread. Hoping to find a little thrift time as I swing through Milwaukee and Chicago this weekend.

Enjoy Milwaukee!

hyakku

Reaction score
Was getting tired of seeing finds and haven't been out in a while so I just hit a GW in the city by my new office. Was heartbroken for Brian or myself when I couldn't find the pants to a super recent Brooks suit (looked like the new label a step under golden fleece ) in 36/30, then found a pair of moth ridden Brioni pants and finally a stained Isaia Napoli shirt. Didnt have much time to look, but there were also some nice ties. Slightly more than LA prices but I've got a good feeling about being in NY this summer, a lot of the things I saw were a lot smaller or normal sized compared to LA. Anyone that's like a 16/34 there were like ten Charles t. Shirts there as well I could probably proxy after I get paid.

I'm gonna need to actually branch out into thrift stores while I'm here for a few months too. It's hard to do Alot at lunch and after work at times with firm events though. Anyone in NY though.... It's on. Hide ya Polos, hide ya brionis, cuz we taking errthang.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grendel trying to satisfy the shoe addiction by buying what's a little tight for me, and a little loose for Eazye!
Enjoy Milwaukee!

They are just a little too big, gon try putting an insert in the like Catside suggested. Also, I was born and raised on the EASTSIDE! of Milwaukee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads