• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well -- I think the thrift store knew that they were dealing with some of the nicest high end American made speakers. They were priced @ 300$. I don't have a supporting cast for this caliber of equipment (I'm running a sony sound bar in my living room) but I knew, even without a google, that I had some nice quality speakers on hand.

Based on what Audiogon has listed in the online blue book, $300 is about full blown retail for these. The Model 2 was released in 1977 at a cost of $990.

They released subsequent models and added an a, b, c etc. to the end.

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
O.k fellers, this is what I scored from my short but sweet thrift-down with GMMcl yesterday:

RLPL linen trousers, traded from GMMcl, look forward to an all RLPL-linen-thrift-fit-pic-all-from-other-style-forum-members post

Pretty fugly Gucci, available

You all know by now my affinity for paisley print ties, Talbott hand sewn for Paul Simon

Ancient red wool PRL for Eric Salm's Sussex Shop, with the OG price tag of $27.50. Does anybody else get excited by old labels. No? Just me?

My new favorite tie, E. Marinella, my first! This thing is awesome! N/A

Vintage Florsheim brick sole, suede, saddle shoes. I'm wearing the bitches as I type! N/A

Chester Barrie for Harrod's glen plaid sport coat. Another first! Pattern matching is spot on, unfortunately too big for me and has a couple spots I'm going to try and work some magic on. Styling isn't very dated but the labels look old.Sz 44 maybe, haven't measured it yet. Tentatively not available pending spot removal.

And these!!!!!
Paul Stuart made in England canvas and leather spectators!!!! 22 nail heel pattern!! Sexy as all hell! My most favorite thrifted shoes so far. These are just a little too big though. :fu: :fu: Size is marked 11.5 M but must run small because they are only slightly to big for me. Anybody know a good method for shrinking shoes? :brick:

Also, it's amazing how much thrifting ground two guys who know what to look for can cover in such a short time.

Jeeeez. You may of just found my rehearsal dinner shoozz

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Been finding absolutely nothing the last few weeks and getting a little jealous every time I open this thread. Hoping to find a little thrift time as I swing through Milwaukee and Chicago this weekend.

Pickings are insanely slim here in the TC area. I haven't had a notable clothing find in over a month.

951socal

Reaction score
I saw something weird the other day.

Hand sewn robert talbott ties about 20 or so
100% polyester......they at $22.50 price tags (NWT) attached on some of them

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A perfect fit! For $3.73!

I can't wait til Christmas.

From Boyd's of St. Louis. Anyone know the maker?

lastdonb

Reaction score

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Another consignment home run for the Spoo and balearic1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on 12/16/11 when I first started posting, I posted this thrift find:

Original post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...t-store-bragging-thread/21200_50#post_5040350

Somebody said fake and Spoo helped in authenticating. I had not worn it yet and asked him to consign for me and this was the result:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Tdltvg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_6142wt_1185

Thanks Spoo!

^^^ LOL! That's awesome. Spoo seems to be everywhere. My wife was talking about some orange Chloe pants she won on eBay. When she showed me, it turned out they were from Spoo.
patch[1].gif

bytor13

Reaction score
My new favorite tie, E. Marinella, my first! This thing is awesome! N/A

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
drool.gif

I was already planning it, but this definitely confirms that I need to get into the city this summer. I'd never find these out in the burbs!

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Another consignment home run for the Spoo and balearic1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back on 12/16/11 when I first started posting, I posted this thrift find:

[COLOR=FF0000]
[/COLOR]

Original post:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/th...t-store-bragging-thread/21200_50#post_5040350

Somebody said fake and Spoo helped in authenticating. I had not worn it yet and asked him to consign for me and this was the result:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...Tdltvg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_6142wt_1185

Thanks Spoo!

Notice your pic and teh Spoon's pic. See a difference? Ya boy knows how to move product.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
 :drool:
I was already planning it, but this definitely confirms that I need to get into the city this summer.  I'd never find these out in the burbs!

Those were both firsts for me, and I've been hitting it hard since August. :D

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, just a couple things,

Probably the coolest vintage Pendleton I've found to date. High Grade Western Wear, size is marked large, but fits nicely! MOP snaps. N/A

Some vintage trees and the same exact PRL tie I thrifted yesterday, this time in navy. There was also a rust colored one, but it had some questionable stains on it.

Super fresh Koss Pro/4A11 headphones. They looked like they had been sitting in someones basement for the last 30 years, but they cleaned up nicely!

Ummmm, and yea, they work. Muhahahahaha :devil:

And if that wasn't enough, someones ENTIRE collection of funk, soul and disco albums. Herbie Hancock, S.O.S Band, The Emotions, Heatwave, Issac Hayes, Donny Hathaway, etc. 29 albums!!!!!!!

I left a bunch of singles because I just couldn't carry anymore, albums are heavy. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Super fresh Koss Pro/4A11 headphones. They looked like they had been sitting in someones basement for the last 30 years, but they cleaned up nicely!
I found 2 or 3 pairs of the Koss Pro 4AAAs about a year ago at a yardsale, They do the job, and will be gobbled up if you flip them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads