The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grendel

grendel Senior member

[​IMG]

2. bytor13

bytor13 Senior member

[​IMG]

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Found an SC that is pure clounds today...

[​IMG]

No guys...really...it is...

[​IMG]

I lol'd at this since we always use the reference. Never seen this LP label. It's seriously one of the softest jackets I've felt, aside maybe from a few pure cashmere LP ones. Amazing handfeel, super lightweight. 95% sure it's an SC from the buttons.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im drawing a blank, St. Andrews?
    [​IMG]

5. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Yes...they definitely do Barbera and tag looks right. Thrift? Let's see the rest....nice find.

EDIT: Definitely. From the ID thread:

[​IMG]

6. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

Yessir!

7. amadar

amadar Senior member

Thats really nice.....although I can't say I've ever seen a chalkstripe SC. I'm thinking more along the lines as someone added those buttons in an attempt to turn an orphan into a SC. Just my 2 cents.

8. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Sorry, bad pic. It's not a chalkstripe...it's a herringbone pattern.

9. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Yup! That's my #1 fav tag to find considering I have yet to find a Kiton

10. grendel

grendel Senior member

But what SIZE is it?

11. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

I actually did pretty well scaling back this hobby.

(I'm not attacking mexicutioner/klobber/others who gave long advice. I actually really appreciate the input and concern. This is more just a general explanation of why I feel the way I do right now about this hobby and thread.)

The stress I'm talking about mainly comes from this thread. I post because this is still a hobby for me. I remember when I just started, I said to myself, "wow, it would be really cool if I could do this and break even." The reason was that it was fun for me to find this stuff, and gratifying to post to this thread. Now my posts are either ignored, or criticized, some to the point of personal attack. The reason I go out thrifting for a day is not to net myself 2k, it's to bring back a fucking kiton-bijan-brioni-isaia super 220's super suit that I can post to this thread and get wows over. Most posts/pms in response to me now are either people begging/feeling entitled to cheap prices, or criticizing me in some way.

I don't sell this shit. Any example otherwise is simply an experiment. I ship it in bulk to others so that I can still focus on my relationship, life, and school. I post to brag and for fun.

I've honestly been trying to stop posting for a while now. You'll notice that my posts are much less frequent. Sometimes I come across that big haul, and I think to myself, "oh man, I need to show the thread this," so I post. With every post I make I want to post less.

The secondary cause of stress is good and bad: Believe it or not, buying this quality/quantity of shit is stressful. I always have to figure out what to do with it, and there's always 4 people I'm going to piss off, along with 200+ people on here.

Anyway, that's my true and honest 2 cents. Plenty of you are great guys, and I'm not discounting that, but this thread doesn't feel like a place for me anymore. I'm not trying to be dramatic, I'm just telling the truth about something that has become a big hobby of mine. I really don't want to post here much anymore. I'm just I will, just to feed the desire when I find that big haul, but I don't want to. If anyone criticizes me in the future, I will probably attack you, harshly. I don't give a fuck if I get banned. It would be good for me. I'll go find Frenchy somewhere in Canada.

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Dude, it sounds like you should probably stop posting if this thread is the cause of your stress. I have plenty of things I enjoy that I don't post on an internet forum that make me so happy. If posting and getting shit, even undeserved shit is stressing you out on something you claim you love, take the stress out of the situation and carry on enjoying.

13. 951socal

951socal Senior member

dark, why not just hide people's threads?

there are only about 5 guys that freq post on these threads that you need to block: horses_ass, brianpore etc
    and all the shit talking magically disappears in a tiny box also they can't PM you (they don't know that because it still goes as "sent" on their end)

14. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

42S.

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

WTF is your problem with me you... oh wait your an idiot who ended up harassing me and was subsequently blocked from the B&S forum for breaking the rules [​IMG]. Get a life already! I give everyone a little crap on this thread all in good fun, but have had plenty of nice PM conversations with DM7 (and most other active posters) and highly highly doubt I am the cause of his stress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.