• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

colts87: "I'm gonna do it!  I'm gonna jump!  I'm gonna fuckin' jump!  Don't come any closer!"
[the rest of us]: "Don't do it!  Think about what you're doing.  You don't have to do this!"
A Canucker: "Do it!  Do it!  Do it!  (and take some pictures on the way down so I can watch)..."

:facepalm:

Ya it's horrible and bad but I still want to see the journey.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Nice pictures as always! Should do OK, if your wait...much better then $40 IMO. Depending on measurements would list it as a 38 or 40 and just make mention of the tag size of 39 in the listing. There is no ebay "button" for 39 which leaves a lot of potential buyers in the dark.

bafe

Reaction score
Bought a cartload of clothes today.
100% slk robe by Fein-Kaller, made in Austria.

Navy blue db blazer.

Pink pincord sportcoat

White cotton twill trousers (No picture)
And finally a short sleeved seersucker plaid shirt, only bought because from 4 pieces, they had 75% off.
Total 12 CHF, that is 10 EUR or 12$

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Went thrifing over the weekend and picked up a few of nice items:

1. Current Hugo Boss with retail tag still attached ($90) for $10

2. Very nice BB 50% wool, 50% silk for $8

3. Tan leather chukka boots for $10 (can't read the makers name) size 45

4. Facconable linen SC. Blue with muted windowpane pattern. Side vents in a 44R

5. The five dollar rack yielded shirts from Reporter, BB, Canali and Hugo Boss.

And from ebay this week, my first Oxxford suit in gray with a muted light blue pinstripe. Best $50 bucks I've spent on clothing in awhile. The fabric is amazing and it fits like it was made for me. Must have been tailored as the chest only measure 45 inches and it's a 44R suit.

bafe

Reaction score
General question:
How do you prevent importing moths in your closet from thrifted items?

jamiebryant

Reaction score
Ok, I finally got the posting down. Let's try this again.

Got this shirt in San Diego. Looks unique. Posting it for kicks.
Hahaha, I saw the same TRIPP NYC shirt at my local thrift a couple of days ago. Im in Northern CA. Weird.

goneAWOL

Reaction score
confused.gif
BOO - HF suits should go for $100 by themselfs if nice and recent.
rolleyes.gif
I'm just going to assume you are joking about now buying it and trying to flip it

No biggie, guess I didnt make the point of my org post clear enough..
On the other note of $10 for a HF SC....was it that old or dated. I'm bummed if I dont get $50 plus for a somewhat recent HF SC...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130580012867 (at least 4 tag generations old)

It was definitely pretty recent, and actually now that I'm going back and looking at the pictures it wasn't HF, let alone made in USA. Part of the problem might have been that it was solid khaki, so a possible orphan. It still surprised me. I had it listed for $50 for a while and it was getting less than 20 views.

And how the hell did you sell that old HF for $60??? This just happened to me last week, which was quite disappointing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180891582526?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

EDIT:
Wait a minute, I just noticed that all the G&H SC's sell wayyy better under the coats and jackets category. They sell for next to nothing when listed under blazers and sport coats. What's up with that?

Last edited:

951socal

Reaction score
here is the picture of the tumi bag

does this look too beatup to use to you guys?

i spent an hour and a half cleaning and conditioning it with some meguiars stuff for a car
alot of the dirt and dry spots look much better now

lastdonb

Reaction score
Finally back into the low 100's here, one store yesterday, nothing much, but did see this:

Blue stripe seersucker in about a 44......

But the pants end just below the picture frame, they were 36x24....anybody need a seersucker capri outfit?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice pictures as always! Should do OK, if your wait...much better then $40 IMO. Depending on measurements would list it as a 38 or 40 and just make mention of the tag size of 39 in the listing. There is no ebay "button" for 39 which leaves a lot of potential buyers in the dark.
This was from a couple months back. Already sold for $42.

Ebonyman

Reaction score

Finally back into the low 100's here, one store yesterday, nothing much, but did see this:

Blue stripe seersucker in about a 44......

But the pants end just below the picture frame, they were 36x24....anybody need a seersucker capri outfit?

Wow, that is a SHORT inseam! Seersucker Capri outfit....:lol:

bafe

Reaction score
You should have bought it just for the jacket.

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went thrifing over the weekend and picked up a few of nice items:
4. Facconable linen SC. Blue with muted windowpane pattern. Side vents in a 44R

i don't see too many Faconnable jackets/SCs, but have been impressed by what i have come across, and that sounds like an interesting pattern. would love to see pics!

Last edited:

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So I'm basically doing Turnbull & Asser GRAB BAGS (Grab bag means I will grab shirts, and put them in a bag. I can only fulfill requests to an extent. Doing this for 16-41 shirts)

grab-bag-2.gif

5 for $137 shipped (~$25 / Shirt)
10 for $224 shipped (~$20 / Shirt)

Please send complaints, and or orders to my PM box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads