The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I'm afraid I can provide neither size nor measurement -- think, for instance, what would happen if I said, These are size 8!, and you said, Hey, I wear size 8! , and then I mailed them to you and they did not fit!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

In person fittings only it seems...

Measuring shoes actually is more difficult since a full size is less than a half inch and funky last shapes can complicate matters even further.

3. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Picked up the Oxxford escorial from the cleaners today, and despite my best efforts to be pessimistic, all 3 spots came out and no trace left that I can see. Yippee skip. Dowdy, yes, but I sort of like it and it fits me well enough - may keep it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. eazye

eazye Senior member

That is really beautiful!

5. catside

catside Senior member

Google is our friend ( except of course when it tracks us, sell our info etc etc etc)

6. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

This joke will never get old! :slayer: Nothing mind blowing here. I know Ike Behar isn't baller status but found these "Tailored" sea island cotton shirts that are new w/out tags. [​IMG] Bunch of BB regular fit whiteys in 15.5x33 [​IMG] Ferragamo skinny. [​IMG] [​IMG] Nice J Press 3/2 single vented, flat fronts pants. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TheNeedMachine

TheNeedMachine Senior member

Thanks! I think it would be good for summer, and would go with just about anything insofar as slacks are concerned.

On the way home I swung in a shop and picked up a few things; haven't looked them up yet on the bay - probably not overly desirable: Donna Karan Signature suit coat made in Italy, Brooks Brothers 346 sport coat made in Jordan, and a Lorenzo merino wool coat made in Italy.

8. concealed

concealed Senior member

that J.Press is [​IMG]

sizing? available?

9. tben

tben Senior member

I actually am quite fond of Ike Behar dress shirts. That Ferragamo tie is very cool! Nice finds.

10. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

I went to a couple of places today and came up with some more SW&D stuff I don't know too much about. But here are the highlights:

• CREEP by Hiroshi Awai (?) white on white on white striped shirt with filled circles all over it L.
    • Nom de Guerre plaid longlseeve shirt XL.
    • Robert Graham peak lapel velvet tuxedo jacket with unicorn-vomit colored lining 46 R.

Speaking of unicorns...
    • 3x Zanella flat front "Todd" pants IN STAPLE COLORS (1 charcoal gray & 2 black - one marked from SAK's 5th Ave.) 40.

• 1x Zanella pleated "Bennet" pants in cream 32.
    • 1x sleazy NWT Brioni for Nieman Marcus lightweight summer sweater M. < It looks like something Michael Cera's alternate personality from "Youth in Revolt" would wear...

[​IMG]

• 1x Rubinacci houndstooth sport coat with patch pockets EUR 58 / US 48.

And the rest is vintage stuff for my Etsy shop.

If there's an issue of "pic's or it didn't happen," it'll have to wait until daylight tomorrow. [​IMG]

11. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Senior member

+1

My local tailor carries their book. It's about 180 for a MTM shirt. If I'm not mistaken, Thomas Mason is an English brand but their fabrics are made in Italy?

12. Nell

Nell Senior member

Attempting to liquidate my store of thrifted shit over the summer, and would appreciate some input on the following. Can anyone identify the maker? I originally picked it up a while ago because of it's LP Zelander fabric. There's a whole in the lining of the armpit, so I would be happy to get rid of it at cost. Measures to about a 43R/L.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Found this a while ago as well. Bit long so also available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also picked up a pair of grey Grenson Suede penny loafers off the bay that are way too big. I believe they're a US 9/9.5. Just looking to get cost back, as I haven't worn them.

[​IMG]

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sometimes, I do too.

You're looking at about $80 if I listed it on a good day.

My phone corrects it to "ember". :confused:

You learn well, young Jedi.

14. 951socal

951socal Senior member

Picked up a few agnes b pieces which was weird

bobby jones polo made in italy but it has the name of an investment firm embroydered on the chest

15. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

Forgive me, but I thought that this was a thrift-store bragging thread. Now, granted, a lot of stuff gets peddled here--and a lot of other stuff gets discussed--but I do not believe I've seen something so crass as this, especially the "these shoes I bought from eBay are too big will someone take them off my hands at unspecified cost." Am I wrong to suggest that this poster go to BS or eBay?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.