The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

Looking really nice.

2. grendel

grendel Senior member

Noice! Excellent finds.

3. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Some fruitful lunch thrifting today. First of all 2 recent Armani Collezioni SC's (not orphans) for Ebay, and this... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My quick and dirty measurements give this a 22' P2P and 33' in length (in a hurry I must go to bed, but had to share). This jacket is siiiiick IMHO. No content tag, but feels like Cashmere to me. Available
    PS Ocooney, if you can fit this you want me to make you a deal on the pair? [​IMG] 15 is much more round than 13 anyway.

4. tben

tben Senior member

5. Beck

Beck Senior member

Down at the TJ Max near my place they have the same cool knitted tie except ...It's blue and Ralph Lauren Purple Label.. It's at $36. It is nice!

6. Beck

Beck Senior member

Also crazy cool finds! I love the Corenliani Shirts. And the barbera, what a steal!

7. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

Any of you guys have gorilla arms? I passed on a mint made in the UK contrast collar PINK in a 16.5 neck with 36.5 arms [​IMG]. I'd be happy to go back if there's interest. Picked up a really nice navy calfskin trifold wallet from Furla Uomo at TJ maxx for 30 bucks, awesome as I've been looking for a nice wallet for the last six months.

8. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

OK, dudes., I was going to weave an awesome tale for you of how I found this stuff, but I'm exhausted. So here it is; in all it's (non-DM7-level) glory. Tom James suits, L to R: Green and brown glenplaid, ticket pocket, double vent; army green, single vent, black/white houndstooth, Holland & Sherry fabric, ticket pocket, double vent. All in the 46R range.
    [​IMG]
    More middling stuff: Bardelli shirt, 16 x 35ish, silk cashmere and cotton (seemed nice with real MOP buttons; have not researched yet; any input welcome); Burberry shirt that desperately needs the "method". Talbott Carmel trousers, AE Campbells in very good shape, 12D. Oh, and a genuine (checked the spelling and everything, plus the little taggie thing is double sided) Coach bag for cheeeeeeap.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Next: This Italian silk square, maker unknown. Can anyone identify based on label? (sorry for pic quality; lighting is poor up in here)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Better stuff: True Religions, 34 x 34. :spam: Unicorn Zanellas in blue, traded from a dude here but they are too short so would like to trade. 37ish x 29ish.
    [​IMG]
    The much better stuff: RLPL linen trousers in beige. Pleated. 33ish x 28ish, with room to let length if cuff taken out. Borrelli shirt, but see damage. Unless that cuff can be reversed or converted, this may be a pure button harvest play. :( Brioni SC, double vent, ticket pocket. 42S BUT it's been altered in two ways: First, waist suppression has been blown out to hell. AND the left shoulder has been padded all to hell. Both can be remedied by a tailor, I believe.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Oh, also: Ancient Charvet tie, plus Gucci tie. Can I get an authentication? This tie would kick ASS if it weren't for all the little GC's on the blade. :cloud:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    And last: This custom suit, maker unknown. 42S. Seems extremely high quality. Double vent, flat front. No maker or fabric tag. Anyone have any ideas? If not, this will be a present for my tailor's husband.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Passed on tons of CT shirts, some even in good shape. Many stores wanted $5 or more. Some much more. Couldn't justify it. I don't even want to talk about how many poor, lonely, hungry orphans I've seen over the last couple of days.....

9. Letric

Letric Senior member

10. 951socal

951socal Senior member

you guys ship internationally?

i get a lot of guys asking me to ship to Russia or to Brazil.
    but shipping is like $50 to those areas and id feel bad charging people that much so i always tell them I'm not going to ship outside of the US.

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I've shipped international for members here on SF. I'll ship first class (~$20) if they pay as gift and I tell them in advance they're on the hook for delivery. Alternatively, I also offer USPS express ($50+) which costs a bit more. Had people choose both, no issues with items arriving yet. Sounds like there's a good market for it on ebay too.

Last edited: May 24, 2012

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ancient is right! And both are certainly real. They are GGs though, not GCs.

13. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

How much will you pay for beautiful buttons?

My limit is $10 or under

14. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

bueller? bueller?

15. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

I'm working Monday and i'll post some fit pics. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.