The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. concealed

concealed Senior member

those are nice SCs, Carroll & Co is ballin'

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Ha, I'm about 90% sure I hit one of the same shops as you based on this.

3. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

I got this stuff a month+ ago

4. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Oh boo, maybe not then.

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

You meant to reverse Express and Priority, right?

You have them, the balls of steel.

6. mainy

mainy Senior member

Re: spoo's comment...

I'm a gambling man. But seriously, my avg item sell price is close to 50 bucks, so I am willing to roll the dice simply because international bidders account for such a large percentage of my sales / are often willing to pay a premium. Maybe this is stupid on my part and I'm just really lucky... knock on wood

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

+1 on every word.

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Shipping internationally with no tracking is like having sex with no condoms with a back alley prostitute. Sure, you feel like you get a good deal at the time, but the next morning you wake up and you're full of regret, confusion, and you have no idea where your shit is.

That is, if you knew what unprotected sex with a back alley prostitute was like. Or something.

Um, yeah.

9. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

:lol:

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

[​IMG]

11. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

When I ship International Priority, I am able to Insure and Track the packages, just as I would with Express. Just not with the some of the flat rate boxes.

12. cpmac7

cpmac7 Senior member

Never go to Corpus Christi with the intention of having thrifting success

13. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

so FINALLY was able to get out today...

Saw a pair of resoled (not by AE) Allen Edmonds Macneil's, there was one eyelet that was starting to show some damage and all around wear, but I think it would look decent with some polish. Worth picking up?

How about if they were shell....[​IMG]

14. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

That jacket awhile back is 100% Corneliani. The font and wording on the "super 130's extrafine merinos" is a dead giveaway. Even if the other tags confuse you, that one never lies.

Abla Fashions for Men is made by St. Andrews. I still have a DB suit from them in a size 40ish if anyone's interested. Super-nice stuff, honestly.

Nat, godDANGit, that was such a tease with the spoiler... definitely worth the reweaving though! Let us know how it turns out!

Around here, lately.... ziiiiilch. I dunno if ick578 is cleaning it all out or what :fence: ;)

Over the past few weeks...
    - Did see a Southgate polo shirt, the shirts that I got didn't sell all THAT well and the polo was worn, so I left it. Even RG-heads have limits, I think...

- Did see an awesome Corneliani jacket... orphan, of course, and nothing else in the whole store.
    - Also an Oxxford sc that has an interesting story: a church janitor's paystubs were in the pocket. That dude could NOT afford that jacket, so there must be an interesting story there!
    - Saw a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt... Made in Romania... for 8.99 at a store that usually prices shirts at 3.99 or so. I dunno what inspired the ridiculous price, but I don't think it was the brand name, because there was an older Made in England Tyrwhitt shirt there for 2.99. Didn't pick either up because, well, they don't move and the cheap one was a FC.

OH! I did forget, I found a super-recent-label Zegna sport shirt size L last week - there was another one but they wanted 10 bucks for it and I was already in an ill mood from the Tyrwhitt episode at the store before it. :mad:

I did see a NWT Nicky tie... marked $39.99 as a "BARNEYS NEW YORK TIE!!!" thanks to the Barneys tag still being attached. Tossed the store after seeing that in the showcase, but there was nothing. :brick:

Going to be heading out West for awhile soon here - going to be in South Dakota for about a week. Going to assume thrifting in the area would be a waste of time. :lol:

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

:lol: my uncle lives there.... somehow I'm not surprised.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.