• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
On the way home today I figured I'd make a "quick" stop by the local GW that has always been a bust, and well, today it wasn't.

Anyone a 17.5 / 35.5 or there abouts? Pics of those finds soon.

In the mean time, I passed on these two and wondered if maybe I shouldn't have. Can swing by tomorrow morning to grab them if I should have.

I believe the tag said 56 R. Did a quick look for the pants and couldn't find them. Can check for those tomorrow too.

Also, I've seen a ton of different Zegna tags, and this one was new to me... What say y'all, Z Zegna Couture?

There were also Zegna shirts that just had the name across the middle, no Z in the background or couture like this one, black on white. Some I believe had french cuffs.

Then there was this guy, he's part of the small haul I picked up, because I remembered the name on some suits here recently, and more important, it was just a damn nice shirt.

All in all, it looks like one guy with expensive taste either keeled over or needed to make room in his closet. The rest of my haul included Pink, Etro, Zanella, and Zegna. It was a day of many firsts, and they all appeared to have come from the same guy. Hope his shoes appear tomorrow...

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ definitely go back to that thrift and see what else you can find from that donor. Zegna Couture and Pal Zileri Sartoriale are high-end, hopefully you'll find more where those came from.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another ebay question: Maybe this is obvious, and I'm just not seeing it, but how do you cancel a transaction after the bidding's closed? I sold a tie that — and this is embarrassing, and I feel terrible — I included as a freebie (I guess that's what I did, I really don't know) in a previous shipment. I'm refunding the guy's money, of course, but what other steps do I have to take?

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another ebay question: Maybe this is obvious, and I'm just not seeing it, but how do you cancel a transaction after the bidding's closed? I sold a tie that — and this is embarrassing, and I feel terrible — I included as a freebie (I guess that's what I did, I really don't know) in a previous shipment. I'm refunding the guy's money, of course, but what other steps do I have to take?
Open a case to cancel the transaction after you've refunded and, once the buyer has agreed or it's timed out, you'll get your final value fees refunded.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I've seen a ton of different Zegna tags, and this one was new to me... What say y'all, Z Zegna Couture?

There were also Zegna shirts that just had the name across the middle, no Z in the background or couture like this one, black on white. Some I believe had french cuffs.

Then there was this guy, he's part of the small haul I picked up, because I remembered the name on some suits here recently, and more important, it was just a damn nice shirt.

All in all, it looks like one guy with expensive taste either keeled over or needed to make room in his closet. The rest of my haul included Pink, Etro, Zanella, and Zegna. It was a day of many firsts, and they all appeared to have come from the same guy. Hope his shoes appear tomorrow...

Nice haul! That is recent Zegna Couture - great stuff. The other Zegna labels you're referring to are the recent (or close to) ones. Grab them if they're in nice shape!

Pal Zileiri Sartoriale is their top line - quality is amazing and it's pretty tough to find! Nice! :slayer:

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Nice haul! That is recent Zegna Couture - great stuff. The other Zegna labels you're referring to are the recent (or close to) ones. Grab them if they're in nice shape!
Pal Zileiri Sartoriale is their top line - quality is amazing and it's pretty tough to find! Nice!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

+1, the Pal Zileri Sartoriale shirt that I have is one of my favorites.

If you can find the pants to the Proposta, then I would probably buy it if it is less than $10. I don't think there is much demand for the Proposta line since it is relatively old and often outdated styling.

Last edited:

datsunfan

Reaction score

The MILF Hunter? What, did we just travel back to the mystical world of 2002? :lol:
I remember waiting in line at the video store once and hearing these college girls yapping about this awful -- awful! -- video they saw online; it was about this unscrupulous li'l redhead dude who tricked an older woman into filming unsavory acts and then *shared* the film on the interwebs!
Sigh...MILF Hunter, video stores. Simpler times.

In his heyday, he even sponsored an AMA Pro Racing(motorcycle racing) team that was called Team Hunter Racing.

Call EBay and/or PayPal and speak to someone. That is BS

+1. eBay and PayPal are the ones who offer the buyer protection. If the seller can't cover the refund, eBay/PayPal should.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I just wanted to double check in case there's some small print term I might have missed that you much more experienced folk know about.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In his heyday, he even sponsored an AMA Pro Racing(motorcycle racing) team that was called Team Hunter Racing.
+1. eBay and PayPal are the ones who offer the buyer protection. If the seller can't cover the refund, eBay/PayPal should.

Agreed. When I started selling on eBay they held my money for 2 weeks or until the buyer left positive feedback. If they weren't doing that with this seller they should be on the hook for your refund.

RemyMichel

Reaction score
So i think that the thrifting gods were on my side today! I snuck away from work for a cheeky shop and i found the best thing that i've ever thrifted.

Quite possibly also the nicest thing I own.

An ultra soft Recent Blue Double Breasted Caruso overcoat for $14.
Lora Piana Fabric, in my size condition about a 9/10
Natural shoulders, working cuffs, perfect for this time of year going into winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads