The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Abed

Evil Abed Senior member

On the way home today I figured I'd make a "quick" stop by the local GW that has always been a bust, and well, today it wasn't.

Anyone a 17.5 / 35.5 or there abouts? Pics of those finds soon.

In the mean time, I passed on these two and wondered if maybe I shouldn't have. Can swing by tomorrow morning to grab them if I should have.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I believe the tag said 56 R. Did a quick look for the pants and couldn't find them. Can check for those tomorrow too.

Also, I've seen a ton of different Zegna tags, and this one was new to me... What say y'all, Z Zegna Couture?
    [​IMG]

There were also Zegna shirts that just had the name across the middle, no Z in the background or couture like this one, black on white. Some I believe had french cuffs.

Then there was this guy, he's part of the small haul I picked up, because I remembered the name on some suits here recently, and more important, it was just a damn nice shirt.
    [​IMG]

All in all, it looks like one guy with expensive taste either keeled over or needed to make room in his closet. The rest of my haul included Pink, Etro, Zanella, and Zegna. It was a day of many firsts, and they all appeared to have come from the same guy. Hope his shoes appear tomorrow...

2. mexicutioner

mexicutioner Senior member

^ definitely go back to that thrift and see what else you can find from that donor. Zegna Couture and Pal Zileri Sartoriale are high-end, hopefully you'll find more where those came from.

3. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Another ebay question: Maybe this is obvious, and I'm just not seeing it, but how do you cancel a transaction after the bidding's closed? I sold a tie that — and this is embarrassing, and I feel terrible — I included as a freebie (I guess that's what I did, I really don't know) in a previous shipment. I'm refunding the guy's money, of course, but what other steps do I have to take?

4. grendel

grendel Senior member

Open a case to cancel the transaction after you've refunded and, once the buyer has agreed or it's timed out, you'll get your final value fees refunded.

5. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Nice haul! That is recent Zegna Couture - great stuff. The other Zegna labels you're referring to are the recent (or close to) ones. Grab them if they're in nice shape!

Pal Zileiri Sartoriale is their top line - quality is amazing and it's pretty tough to find! Nice! :slayer:

6. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

+1, the Pal Zileri Sartoriale shirt that I have is one of my favorites.

If you can find the pants to the Proposta, then I would probably buy it if it is less than $10. I don't think there is much demand for the Proposta line since it is relatively old and often outdated styling.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

I passed on a pair of AE Sanfords in black and very nice condition at $7.99 last night on the way to hockey............size? 5.5D.

8. AMProf

AMProf Senior member

Damn, that's too small even for Brianpore!

9. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

$50... not a ton of money, but pretty significant for my broke student ass.

10. Larson McCord

Larson McCord Senior member

Call EBay and/or PayPal and speak to someone. That is BS

11. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

12. datsunfan

datsunfan Senior member

In his heyday, he even sponsored an AMA Pro Racing(motorcycle racing) team that was called Team Hunter Racing.

+1. eBay and PayPal are the ones who offer the buyer protection. If the seller can't cover the refund, eBay/PayPal should.

13. DeadBoy

DeadBoy Senior member

Thanks fellas. I just wanted to double check in case there's some small print term I might have missed that you much more experienced folk know about.

14. grendel

grendel Senior member

Agreed. When I started selling on eBay they held my money for 2 weeks or until the buyer left positive feedback. If they weren't doing that with this seller they should be on the hook for your refund.

15. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Senior member

So i think that the thrifting gods were on my side today! I snuck away from work for a cheeky shop and i found the best thing that i've ever thrifted.

Quite possibly also the nicest thing I own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An ultra soft Recent Blue Double Breasted Caruso overcoat for $14.
    Lora Piana Fabric, in my size condition about a 9/10
    Natural shoulders, working cuffs, perfect for this time of year going into winter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.