• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful.
biggrin.gif

Might be a little too low contrast between the blackwatch and navy, but I'm not sure of a better alternative.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick stop this morning,

AE's in a really soft leather, haven't cleaned them up yet, but they are niiiiice. I think someone was looking for size 12 D's a couple hundred posts ago. Get at me, otherwise they're going on the bay.

Finally, finally, finally, a nice umbrella. I've been looking high and low for one for awhile now. Vintage made in the USA by Schertz. Wooden handle, brass hardware, mint!

Couple albums. Stevie Wonder's Talking Book, sleeve's beat up but the record looks new, Queen's A Night At The Opera, I'm listening to this right now and Modern Jazz featuring Dizz, Bird, Max Roach, Mingus and some other heavy hitters. Also a couple more wooden hangers.

And finally a siiiiiickkk vintage made in the USA Montgomery Ward leather biker jacket! I know, its a cheap brand, but the old made in the USA stuff isn't too bad, and this thing is RAW! Neck latch, side latches, quilted liner, puffy quilts on the shoulders and pockets, ****!

TDP

Reaction score

Found this yesterday, was going to post until DM7 had his clothesgasm all over this thread, but now that that's all cleaned up, here it is. All my other wintercoats will be sold this coming winter and replaced with this:
IMG_8927.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

The only downside is living in Florida, I'll get maybe two and a half chances to wear it.

Ah, what a brilliant thing!

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
Quick stop this morning,

AE's in a really soft leather, haven't cleaned them up yet, but they are niiiiice. I think someone was looking for size 12 D's a couple hundred posts ago. Get at me, otherwise they're going on the bay.

do i need another pair of non-wingtip, brown shoes :X

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful.
biggrin.gif

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants. I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie. I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar. Stripes and plaids? What?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants.  I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie.  I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar.  Stripes and plaids?  What?

Noice, what about this bad boy with black watch pants, came in the mail yesterday from Ocooney. I know Tom James/Holland & Sherry doesn't get much love on here, but this thing is bad ******* ass.

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
330CK, that J Press is awesome. Following up on that and the few toggle coats posted yesterday, I found what may be my coolest find yet last night in the women's coats section:

Vintage Navy Brooks Brothers Made in England Wool Pea/Toggle Coat With Rad Blackwatch Lining -

Wood (I'm assuming wood, not bone) Toggles:

Leather Straps

Two Patch Pockets:

Awesome Lining:

Hood with Throat Latch:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noice, what about this bad boy with black watch pants, came in the mail yesterday from Ocooney. I know Tom James/Holland & Sherry doesn't get much love on here, but this thing is bad ******* ass.

Yeah, that thing is awesome! I inquired about it as well, had nothing to offer him in a trade.

Jpmorris

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in NWT polo blackwatch pants I have some in a 38x32-34 can't remember length. Get at me for $20. Pics and real measurements for anyone interested. I think theyre sick, but 4' is just too much to tailor.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
330CK, that J Press is awesome. Following up on that and the few toggle coats posted yesterday, I found what may be my coolest find yet last night in the women's coats section:

Vintage Navy Brooks Brothers Made in England Wool Pea/Toggle Coat With Rad Blackwatch Lining -

Leather Straps

Two Patch Pockets:

Awesome Lining:

Hood with Throat Latch:

That's awesome! I wonder who made it in England for BB.... Gloverall?

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Question for all the gents on here. What does one wear with black watch tartan plaid pants? I'm thinking a navy blazer with gold buttons and a crisp white ocbd. Any thoughts would be helpful. :D

I think you can work it like you would a pair of navy or dark green pants. Don't follow TJ's pattern-mixing advice below, though...

^^^ I have pair of vintage BB Blackwatch pants that I bought from Giuseppe Timore (An Affordable Wardrobe) at the first Top Shelf Flea that are some of my favorite winter pants.  I've gone the navy blazer route with solid white and solid blue OCBDs and a black knit tie.  I've also gone with a cream and navy blue horizontally striped long sleeve t-shirt (think French naval sweater, but lightweight) to the bar.  Stripes and plaids?  What?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

330CK, that J Press is awesome.  Following up on that and the few toggle coats posted yesterday, I found what may be my coolest find yet last night in the women's coats section:

Leather Straps

Two Patch Pockets:

Awesome Lining:

Hood with Throat Latch:

:bounce2: Are you keeping it? I've been looking for one for ever. Please tell me it's not your size, and it's a small. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads