• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck

Reaction score
Well, after seeing Darkmatter's "haul 1 & 2" I am going to get a plane ticket for July :D

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real talk, is all that stuff going straight to eBay? B&S at B&$ prices? Quick and easy sales here at low prices? I'm afriad to click on those links if all that's gonna happen is a pair of blueballzzzz.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real talk, is all that stuff going straight to eBay? B&S at B&$ prices? Quick and easy sales here at low prices? I'm afriad to click on those links if all that's gonna happen is a pair of blueballzzzz.
Lol pretty much. If he's selling some stuff in here for low prices...god help me.

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I multiquoted too many posts, and it didn't work... so here's some general responses:

- No, not from a thrift store. Most of it was near thrift prices, but some of the suits were quite a bit more.

- SW&D: Don't forget all of the MMM! I was really upset when I realized that the Rick Owens leather was too big for me
confused.gif

- Shoes/Accessories: Sadly, none.

- Pricing: All of the super hot items, i'll definitely be looking for top dollar on (probably the bay). That means probably anything you're planning on PMing me about
confused.gif
If you're willing to pay top dollar, then shoot over an offer on that stuff. Everything is 42R.

- Wearability: Some of it is insane. Stefano Ricci shirts with swarovski crystals all over? Some of it is crazy, but wearable, and some of it is more toned down.

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think I multiquoted too many posts, and it didn't work... so here's some general responses:

- No, not from a thrift store.  Most of it was near thrift prices, but some of the suits were quite a bit more.

- SW&D:  Don't forget all of the MMM!  I was really upset when I realized that the Rick Owens leather was too big for me :confused:

- Shoes/Accessories:  Sadly, none.

- Pricing: All of the super hot items, i'll definitely be looking for top dollar on (probably the bay).  That means probably anything you're planning on PMing me about :confused:   If you're willing to pay top dollar, then shoot over an offer on that stuff.  Everything is 42R.  

- Wearability: Some of it is insane.  Stefano Ricci shirts with swarovski crystals all over?  Some of it is crazy, but wearable, and some of it is more toned down.  

Why are you teasing me?

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
moving on, i know this is long-overdue, but public shout outs to the following thriftbros, who have hooked me up on a trade / cost + shipping / proxy / fair price / cool dude basis recently:

Horse's_Ass
grendel
330CK
Androfan
Catside
Klobber
troika
concealed
tben
eazye
brianpore
nataku
951socal
GMMcL
Toscano_Adottato
TheWGP
OCooney
jkidd41011
Achilles_
rayxlui

i owe you guys, and if i haven't already repaid your kindess, remind ******!

:fistbump:

Last edited:

Stewie

Reaction score
Hey..so who's turf will I be on? Headed to Boston for 10 days to see my son graduate from BU with his LLM so I'll have some time to do a little shopping.

D.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Jesus DM, find a place on Melrose to open up shop yet? You pretty much could with that load.

951socal

Reaction score
Do you guys pick up any golf clubs?

the stores around here are filled with calloway and adams clubs (what i think are the nicest looking0 and alot of wilsons and taylor made

since there are about 7 golf courses in the immediate area i thought i'd start playing

but the thing is there is never a complete set, its always 1 or 2 drivers or 3 out of 7 irons

i think i can make a set out of mismatched brand drivers and then hunt for a complete set of irons one day

what brands should look for? does that sound like a good idea?

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

- No, not from a thrift store. Most of it was near thrift prices, but some of the suits were quite a bit more.

- SW&D: Don't forget all of the MMM! I was really upset when I realized that the Rick Owens leather was too big for me
confused.gif

- Shoes/Accessories: Sadly, none.

- Pricing: All of the super hot items, i'll definitely be looking for top dollar on (probably the bay). That means probably anything you're planning on PMing me about
confused.gif
If you're willing to pay top dollar, then shoot over an offer on that stuff. Everything is 42R.

- Wearability: Some of it is insane. Stefano Ricci shirts with swarovski crystals all over? Some of it is crazy, but wearable, and some of it is more toned down.

Gotta work off like 50 pounds then have a shoulder reduction.
ffffuuuu.gif

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you guys pick up any golf clubs?
the stores around here are filled with calloway and adams clubs (what i think are the nicest looking0 and alot of wilsons and taylor made
since there are about 7 golf courses in the immediate area i thought i'd start playing
but the thing is there is never a complete set, its always 1 or 2 drivers or 3 out of 7 irons
i think i can make a set out of mismatched brand drivers and then hunt for a complete set of irons one day
what brands should look for? does that sound like a good idea?
I picked up a complete set of King Cobra Irons about 8 years ago for $0.50 a piece. People have offered me good money for them on several occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads