• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alkessl

Reaction score
Excellent Haul and welcome aboard! The Prada and Zegna are definately legit.

+1 Prada looks exactly like the couple I own. Definitely real.

Glad to be here guys! Thanks for the insight on the Prada.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the Zegna tie. I think its mainline, but just a little older when they put the Z in the background of the label. I have had several pieces of clothing with this label.

The Z Zegna line doesn't say "Ermenegildo" anywhere on the label. I've also had a few pieces of clothing in this line.

Maybe someone could verify this for me.

^correct i have picked up a few of the Z backround ones as well
Z zegna is also never made in italy, i have a E. zegna/mainline bel with the z logo
its always in mexico or china or somewhere
the newer z zegna have labels that read
zzegna.
i find that z zegna the diffusion esque line is inherently easier to wear for men our age. mainline zegna comes across as too old money and stuffy

That was my insight when I originally posted, although I wasn't positive.
Thanks for the confirmation!

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just curious about what season these are from and if spoo was there for the launch. I am convinced spoo is in the versace family. He knowlege never ceases to amaze.

They are the "Maxi Barocco" pants from 1991.. 99% sure. Perhaps 1992, the code in the tag to confirm wasn't available. Whats rare about these pants is that they have the double Atelier Versace diamond going down the leg - see the two horizontal diamonds? Only one diamond was included on each panel of fabric, as it was a squared, center patterned panel, not a repeating panel. This means you needed to use more fabric to create the pants and there was a lot of waste material - hence making them more expensive.

At retail in the 90's, these would have likely cost $1000 or so. Pretty steep even then for a pair of cotton jeans, but the colors, pattern and exclusivity at the time added up. The detriment to these pants in todays market is the cut. The rise (and Mr. Hund can confirm if he kops them tomorrow) is likely 12 or 13", and a long ass rise (don't know the term for that ahha) so, not so flattering. However, the advent of the hipster movement (oh hai SWD) is generating a reincarnation for tacky, ill fitting garments from the 90s. Also, pseudo-retro celebs like Tyga, Lady Gaga, etc. are harnessing the power of the Versace print left and right. This is funneling second rung consumers who were turned onto the brand after the Versace x H&M hoopla to find "deals" at any price to emulate these media darlings without paying full retail. So comparatively speaking, paying $100-$200 for these on eBay is a bargain to the wannabe who can't drop the $1500 for a new version at the store, and still they maintain street cred for buying vintage.

:teach:

Spoo Versace would be the worst name in the history of people.

:laugh:

nolanmjj

Reaction score

what freaking Marshall's do you go to that has **** like that? I've never seen anything remotely that good at a Marshall's or TJs. I'm definitely jealous of all the good finds! :happy:

i live and work in northern va, which is pretty affluent. thus, they get a lot of nice clothes and the affluent people tend not to shop there!

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
To follow up the DB Hugo Boss Al Capone I found a Hugo Boss made in Germany 1-Button Shawl Tuxedo with Pants in perfect condition. Its old(ish) but damn is it sexy - made of super 100s.

also found a NWT J.Z. Richards Nordstrom tie. ugly as hell but this will be a first shot at a 30 day BIN and NWT is a rare find in my parts.

Picked up a pair of Shell Cordovan Hanover LB Shepherd Signature PTB's

..... and a standard issue Ed Hardy tie -- was thinking that this would be kind of like Robert Graham shirts ... a good eBay posting to cover the gas costs. we will see Im not sure ill get the 20$ for it or not.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Can you really do anything about that?

yeah, it will be time consuming, but I will report each one, one by one. Theres a link that has a field where you put your auction versus the other auction and you can show the plagiarism. My project for tomorrow, it seems. That one is the most blatant case I have seen.

Brace yourselves...

Sit down...

Get a glass of water...

and maybe some popcorn..........

Oh ****, I was going to go to bed, but post em up son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads