• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Found a vintage Brioni blazer this week end that I would like to offer to some of you smaller frame guys. It is a 47 EU / 37 US and is in navy blue- much darker that photos. Wool and silk blend. The buttons have Brioni Roma and appear to be brass / enamel. I apologize for the fit of the jacket on the form, but as most of you know, this is what happens when you put a size 37 / 47 on a side 40 / 50 form. Over all it is in pretty good condition, and probably needs a good dry clean as it appears to have accumulated some dust. Double vent, fully lined has a belt in the back that attaches the vents. Brioni Roma pattern on lining.

PM me if you have an interest in purchase or trade.

I might have found a quality jacket that fits
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
waiting on confirmation of measurements
bounce2.gif
lurker[1].gif

900x900px-LL-c7f5df28_JohnaHillOMG.gif

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Spoo's telling him how to list it and is suggesting the "shotgun method" for the listing title - all keywords even remotely related to what the item is so it shows up in as many search results as possible.

Gah!...How annoying is this when you're trying to buy something, though. I swear, every ad I look at is like, Comme on de Garcons, Junya Watanabe MAN! Don't be no Outsider with your Band! Buy this Sears shirt! (Not a Gitman).

:facepalm:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's the source of my confusion -- they look like they should be normal but they soles hand grade. Thoughts?

Ive never seen that before, but if they are, thats got to be an oooold one.

:fistbump:

Sorry, this is not a bomber flight jacket. A bomber jacket goes only to the waist. It is shearling however.

I'm sure he knows that.  Spoo's telling him how to list it and is suggesting the "shotgun method" for the listing title - all keywords even remotely related to what the item is so it shows up in as many search results as possible.

Correct.

Gah!...How annoying is this when you're trying to buy something, though. I swear, every ad I look at is like, Comme on de Garcons, Junya Watanabe MAN! Don't be no Outsider with your Band! Buy this Sears shirt! (Not a Gitman).
:facepalm:

I found some awesome stuff that way..

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Comme de Garcons Homme Plus shirt this weekend. It's a normal button down shirt except for it has button holes on both sides of the shirt and no buttons? I'm assuming there were some toggles or something that weren't included.

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
Found a Comme de Garcons Homme Plus shirt this weekend. It's a normal button down shirt except for it has button holes on both sides of the shirt and no buttons? I'm assuming there were some toggles or something that weren't included.

^^^ It might either have come with or might use a set of studs like a tuxedo shirt?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Me too...I found that same thing awhile back, forgot to ask.

So I described the SpooPoker phenomen to the Moms and she spent a good half hour laughing at all the stuff Google images brings up. :rotflmao:

(Not Spoo himself, just...related hijinks).

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lubiam doesn't make Lubiam?
This is made by Lubiam... Just want to know about the Duca Di Mantova line... Like their LBM 1911 line is a modern cut, soft shouldered line like Boglioli. Just wondering what the Duca Di Mantova is and why it's tagged this instead of Lubiam.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is made by Lubiam... Just want to know about the Duca Di Mantova line... Like their LBM 1911 line is a modern cut, soft shouldered line like Boglioli. Just wondering what the Duca Di Mantova is and why it's tagged this instead of Lubiam.

Oh ok! Sorry about the confusion, I will climb back into my hole.
peepwall[1].gif

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I passed on a crazy lubiam sportcoat the other day.... hmmm. My inventory overstock seems to be harming my better judgement. Thrifting ennui is setting in.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure he knows that.  Spoo's telling him how to list it and is suggesting the "shotgun method" for the listing title - all keywords even remotely related to what the item is so it shows up in as many search results as possible.

Correct.

Feels good to have your ass kissed, right Spoo? :lol:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, if explaining something obvious to someone who apparently didn't get it the first go-round is ass-kissing.  Which...it...isn't. 

Feels good to have your ass kissed, right Spoo?
lol8%5B1%5D.gif

It isn't a bomber jacket and it would be misleading and wrong to advertise it as such, shotgun or not. What about this do you not understand?
And by the way, I was not addressing you. I was addressing Spoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads