The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vexco

vexco Senior member

Please change your mind about keeping this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2012

2. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

So I told the buyer I couldn't cancel their bid... I don't really know if I can or not and they send me this:

sooo since I'm not as tactful as you guys:

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

^^^ Couldn't you report them to eBay for feedback extortion? You could be a hardcase and take this out to the end and it would result in a negative mark against them and depending on how tight other sellers have their buyer acceptance guidelines, they could be blocked from bidding on stuff they want. And if they leave you a negative for not letting them out of a bid (essentially giving you a negative because they are a non-paying bidder), I think eBay will remove it as retaliatory feedback. But I can't say all of this for sure as this has never happened to me personally. Good luck!

EDIT: (Rather than a creating a double post.)

NOT AVAILABLE:

I bought a pair of Church's Custom Grade wholecuts for myself at a consignment store in OKC last month. They ended up being a bit narrow and I had to have them stretched. I picked them up earlier this afternoon and here are the results:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^^ You can still see the Church's logo on the ball of the foot. The rubber quarter tips on the heels don't show any rounding to their outer edges at all.

5. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I honestly didn't know I could cancel their bid Brian. They will be getting blocked shortly though. I'll have to try your line next time :)

Now for me to figure out how to report them... I guess I have to wait until they leave me the feedback?

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Those are a sample pair, so likely a better material than anything from production. You cut off part of the tag that I need to ID the date - underneath the black Gianni Versace label, that long white tag, it has a string of numbers on the bottom row... what are the first 3? My guess is 981 or 991..

Y U NO KOP!? :(

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

8. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You will have to do a transaction cancellation after he wins. Of course he will probably not respond to the request and you will have to wait like 10 days to get your fees back. Or you could report him now for the extortion.

I have had the same ...kid bid on your shit...experience a few times. If eBay was around when I was a kid my mom would have made me pay for it with my own money and with skin from my ass too. Maybe you should recommend that lol.

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

I don't think I can file the report for extortion yet. It says it can't find the listing number. No worries, I'll get it taken care of. Waiting 10 days is nothing... I just started selling actively even though the account is quite old, so they hold my money for three weeks anyways :(

11. Shiny

Shiny Senior member

I have an old pair of shoes I would like to do this to. However, there is a little bit of cracked leather. Is cracked leather a dealbreaker?

12. grendel

grendel Senior member

Depends on how bad the cracks are. If they're all the way through you're probably hosed. If it's just a bit of surface cracking, Dubbin Graisse might help. Kirby Allison tried it and said it helped with a bit of cracking on the outside of the vamp on a pair of shoes. Here's a description of the semi-annual deep cleaning / conditioning process he recommends:

http://www.hangerproject.com/closet/presidential-shine/

13. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

Not really sure how I feel about any of these ties. Felt like buying something though.

Polo, Lanvin, RT Best of Class, RT Best of Class
    [​IMG]

14. wcl

wcl Senior member

I like the Polo. The Talbotts scream 1980's to me. Are they grey labels?

15. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.