The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Wow.........

:wow:

I've sold to some pretty high-up people. Professional models, fashion exects, etc.

The most notable has to be Joel Cohen. He bought a beat-up Etro from me for $6. :laugh:

Joel Cohen wrote the stories for Daddy Day Camp, Toy Story, Cheaper by the Dozen, etc.

I think those might be sun-bleached. I've seen this a handful of times, but usually on the shoulders of a jacket or shirt from being on a mannequin in the window for years.

Indeed. I love Minnesota. No tax on food (unprepared, ie: groceries) or clothes!

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  2. Typhoid Jones

Typhoid Jones Senior member

I went back to the place I went to yesterday to make sure I didn't miss anything or that anything new from the same donor didn't get held back and put out today. After looking around, I was pretty sure I got it all. Either way, a few days ago, I found a vintage 1960s Brooks Brothers solid charcoal gray wash 'n' wear sack jacket orphan in a Goodwill across town. I looked for the pants then and there and couldn't find them.

[​IMG]

^^^ Top: Vintage BB label on the jacket's collar loop. Bottom: Wash 'n' Wear label on interior breast pocket.

Today I found the pants at the Goodwill from yesterday.

[​IMG]

^^^ Same material, same Wash 'n' Wear label. [​IMG]

Also picked up (but too lazy to photograph):

1x Vintage POLO by Ralph Lauren half-lined tweed jacket with finished interior seams throughout. 42 R. Made in USA.

2x Ralph Lauren split-toe women's loafers 7 1/2 B. Made in Italy.

and two men's Coach belts in brown leather (36) and black water buffalo hide (30) and a no name surcingle belt in green, white, and red stripes on the canvas part (think Italian flag) (will fit a 32 - 36 inch waist).

AAAND with that I'm done thrifting until I get everything onto eBay or into my Etsy shop. Boston is wide open until June.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Sup.

I remember that.... great find.

4. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

Most famous person?

I remember dealing with a guy on eBay where if you abbreviated his first name, you would get E. HONDA.

For those of you not sure about the relevance of the name, think back to an early 1990's coin op called Street Fighter 2 where E. HONDA was a sumo wrestling guy with moves that defied the common laws of gravity - namely launching himself in an elaborate headbutt where he would fly across the whole screen. He also had an interesting physiological condition where, despite being a fat man, he could move his hands at lightning speed giving the opponent major slappage.

I wanted to make a joke in an email to the guy but decided against it.

Great game though Street Fighter 2, I have good memories where a group of us would spend 20 bucks in quarters just beating the shit out each other.

5. vexco

vexco Senior member

I still play SSF2T(Super Turbo) to this day against people. I can't get enough of fighting games.

6. RebelWithACause

RebelWithACause Senior member

If any of you guys wanna play on PSN, drop me a PM.

7. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

I would not mind playing it again, although have not owned a video game console since the 1990's - I real old school LOL.

Recently googled how to play arcade games on computer and there seems to be a way of doing it. Emulator called MAME, but to get the games for it is like a 15GB Torrent download. Anyone here know how to set this thing up n running - I dont need like 10000 games LOL? Interesting thing though - apparently you can also play Playstation, N64, and other consoles on your PC. Is it like even legal to download these things? I am kinda tempted. I want to play Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat again. Oh yeah, and Killer Instinct - that was a fucking mint fighting game. Would not mind to play Tekken again either, Samarai Showdown, or Soul Calibur..... Bringing back memories of a time when I was young, handsome, and strong......

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I keep stopping by Game Stop trying to score me some old MegaMan Legends games, but they don't even carry PS titles anymore... :butbut:

9. vexco

vexco Senior member

There's a program called GGPO(good games, peace out) that is a netcode-enabling emulator client. It uses the existing FBA(final burn alpha) emulator and enables you to play against people worldwide using the GGPO netcode; it's pretty slick. It only works for cps2 and cps3 arcade board games, though. Basically all the old CAPCOM and SNK fighters like KOF, Garou, Samurai Showdown, Vampire Savior, SSF2T, SF2HF, etc.

10. catside

catside Senior member

Sorry mate. It looks like a match but not short.

11. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

THe" snow beach" jacket Raekwon is wearing easily fetches for $1500 on the bay

12. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12 7/8 x 4 1/2 on the outside, 11 5/8 inside

13. wcl

wcl Senior member

Yowza! Nice grab! WTF it's raining Lobbs lately.....

14. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

15. Temujin

Temujin Senior member

The Lobbs are 12 7/8 x 4 1/2 on the outside, 11 5/8 inside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.