• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHo

Reaction score

Yeah, Hickey Freeman and Brooks Brothers aren't Isaia or Brioni, but they add up. Being in HF's hometown I find enough to let me fill up my play-money coffers. 

This would say Chaps and Southwick for me, which are a level below those that you noted :embar: (although I don't buy the Chaps)

thrifting in Des Moines is about equal to being a Cubs fan.

Last edited:

ocooney

Reaction score
So it's been a while since I posted. Had a 3 week business trip in FL where the thrifting was mediocre. Had a chance to get out a few times during my trip and this week and I think these are brag-worthy:

Canali 16.5

RLPL Linen S

Brioni 15.75 (discoloration in photo not on shirt)

BB Linen 40R

Tom James Ventura. Working cuffs. Center vent. Seems never to have been worn. Pockets sewn shut and basting thread still on shoulders. Haven't measured, but seems to be about a 38...slightly smaller than jacket above.

No idea about this brand, but I dig the pattern and it fits like a glove.

Finally, I recall some excitement about this brand, so I picked it up. Woman's tagged a size 38. Again, discoloration on point of lapel is just in the photo:

All available for trade except the Principe jacket.
Looking for quality brown or suede shoes in a 10.5, plain blue suit in a 44R and Barbour outerwear in 44/L.

O

tonylamer

Reaction score
Found some "typical" stuff that'll hit the B&S at cost as soon as my parents give me back my digital camera: a pair of Dack's oxhide longwings and a pair Dack's oxhide derbies. Both are in a 12 if anyone's been looking for Dack's exotics with a cool-as-hell patina. Some other stuff, but without pictures, no one cares.

And here's the coolest thing that I've ever found: an original WWI Canadian war bonds/recruitment poster, about 24"x37", framed and matted. I've wanted an original WPA or propaganda poster for ten years.

I found an image online, but I'll post a "real" pic. when I get my camera:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The jil was definitely a good pick up.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Passed up a 44L Norman Hilton suit from the 60's-70's...thing was beautiful light gray wool but I forgot my wallet at home
ffffuuuu.gif
center-vent, fully lined and the pants were flat-front. I think I'll swing back by tomorrow and pick it up.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I took some pics of some wide V2 Versace ties but haven't been able to upload them to poke at Spoo with.

Y U NO KOP? :(

You are actually who I thought of when I saw it :rotflmao: All of the PRL's were in the 40-44 range, but I don't remember the exact size of this one. All the suits were $500, including this three piece. Shoot me a PM, I can try and stop by this evening, otherwise it wouldn't be until Tuesday when I get back in town.

PM'd you... hope I got you in time.

For the metal heads (size small):

PM SENT!

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
Recent stuff

things I forgot to photograph:
NWT recent Armani Collezioni wool tie
old Rubinacci tie
RLPL orange/purple repp tie (tj maxx find)

2 pairs of Zegna linen 5 pocket pants. green are 38 waist brown are 40 waist
DSC_1160.jpg

top row-Zanella XXL i think, Gitman Gold 16 1/2,vintage oxford popover shirt from Cable Car Clothier forget the maker
bottom-very sturdy Canali 17 1/2, Versace Collection 17 (2 crushed buttons I missed before I bought it unfortunately only has one extra)
DSC_1162.jpg

older Oxxford blazer 44R partially lined,metal buttons, patch pockets, quite heavy
DSC_1164.jpg

DSC_1166.jpg

RLPL 9752 sunglass from tj maxx I bought to flip but have kinda fallen in love with even though I'm not much of a sunglass person
DSC_1167.jpg

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ray Bans

Versace

Dior Homme tie with crazy diamond print

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
RLPL 9752 sunglass from tj maxx I bought to flip but have kinda fallen in love with even though I'm not much of a sunglass person
DSC_1167.jpg

any interest in flipping them let me know.

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So many nice glasses lately...

Left behind an XL PRL lambswool cardigan type-thingie with metal buttons. Mistake? I'm thinking about going back just for the buttons, which are quite the draw on other, more baller sweaters, I hear. :D

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Found these two bad boys, brand new, perfect condition. Citigroup must have commissioned Hermes to make this tie for them, as this was an existing Hermes print.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To those waiting for pics of shoes and sport coats - will try do it tonight.

2 pairs of Zegna linen 5 pocket pants. green are 38 waist brown are 40 waist
DSC_1160.jpg

Wow - Best kick ass pants I have seen in a while. Available / dibs?

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are really interesting, I'm sure the expert here will have something to say about it.

Found these two bad boys, brand new, perfect condition. Citigroup must have commissioned Hermes to make this tie for them, as this was an existing Hermes print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads