• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As they say "First time Long time".  My posts are being "held by moderator" since I have not posted pics yet. 

Found John Lobb, buckle loafer, size 11.5 pretty much like new.  They are pretty rediculous and don't understand why people give stuff like this away.

Congratulations! Beautiful shoes.

AHS

madmacs

Reaction score

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Polo RL made in USA suits? Label looks like this:

I picked up two suits like this and they are pretty sick. One is a lightgray birdseye, double-vented, with a ticket pocket and side tabs on the pants. I love it!

On another note, any opinions on this for the ebay listing pic? This is one of the Polo RL suits (did I mention these suits are awesome?). I don't have a mannequin.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Polo RL made in USA suits? Label looks like this:

I picked up two suits like this and they are pretty sick. One is a lightgray birdseye, double-vented, with a ticket pocket and side tabs on the pants. I love it!

On another note, any opinions on this for the ebay listing pic? This is one of the Polo RL suits (did I mention these suits are awesome?). I don't have a mannequin.

Needs more light and step away from the wall

wcl

Reaction score

Does anyone know anything about Polo RL made in USA suits?  Label looks like this:

350x234px-LL-5b1a1bc1_DSC_1074-4.jpeg

I picked up two suits like this and they are pretty sick.  One is a lightgray birdseye, double-vented, with a ticket pocket and side tabs on the pants.  I love it!

On another note, any opinions on this for the ebay listing pic?  This is one of the Polo RL suits (did I mention these suits are awesome?).  I don't have a mannequin. 

350x234px-LL-d3e29ddd_DSC_1053-4.jpeg

Made by Pietrafesa, which has been gone for probably 15 years. Also did MTM and such I think for Brooks and I think some OTR for JAB. I have quite a few in my closet and all have held up great.

Evil Abed

Reaction score
I went into a local craft store that's goin out of business (at that point, everything was 60%off). They had a sizeable rack full of replacement buttons. I recall seeing a ton of shell/mop buttons, but thought nothing of it. Might go back to see if they're still there/open. Any particular sizes/quantities that you guys might want? If the price is right, I may grab everything that could be of use.

goneAWOL

Reaction score
Needs more light and step away from the wall

Noted, thanks.

Made by Pietrafesa, which has been gone for probably 15 years. Also did MTM and such I think for Brooks and I think some OTR for JAB. I have quite a few in my closet and all have held up great.

Thanks, I'm really surprised they are that old. The styling is a lot more modern then some 8-10 yr old suits I've found. However, I just did the pinch test and they failed, but I can't say I really care.

lastdonb

Reaction score
Ball games rained out yesterday (very rare for AZ) picked up a couple things, all the talk of Bobby Jones made in Italy golf polos, how about a Ralph Lauren made in Itlay golf collection, marked large but measures medium:

Same shirt sold for $29 10 days ago, http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...Tdltvg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_2505wt_1185

On the golf them, Alan Flusser golf pants, marked 36x34 but are 35 waist with 3+ to let out, pleated, cuffed, very nice black/navy check fabric, like new condition. Available for cost + shipping

$7.00 at goodwill.

Non clothing, spinning wood tie holder:

For the metal heads (size small):

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
New WTB Guys.

Looking for a Dark Charcoal suit with some awesome detail, construction and fabric. Looking for flat front pants and more slim-cut than a not-so-slim cut. 3 Piece would be even better and something like peak lapels or ticket pockets etc. would be double bonus. I like the Corneliani that was posted over @ the B&S but want to see if something other than a nailhead is lurking around these parts. Cheers!

Last edited:

pazzion

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up three suits, one smoking, one tailcoat, four pair of chinos and a black leather belt. I payed $928 for the whole shebang, when the original retail price was $4430. As a student on a very restrained economy I am extremely pleased!

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You just a dropped nearly a grand on completely superfluous items like a smoking jacket.

We must have different ideas of what "restrained economy" means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads