• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveoly

Reaction score

2. Can someone link me the ebay seller that had the cheap Saphir products? Just landed a nice pair of Strands and McAllister.

SmartAzz. :embar:
thanks for the heads up. My BIN was at $25 and I think the bid hit $15 and it pulled the BIN off. (I had offered free shipping if someone bought both Gitman shirts at BIN, so I was confused when the BIN disappeared.)

Also, here is the overseas seller who had creams on the cheap last fall. Note: there were some incidents of poor packaging.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/chelseashoe...10398399+&viewitem=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

Last edited:

lastdonb

Reaction score
Picked up an excellent pair of AE Wingham tassel loafers, 8 1/2 D, Merlot calf skin, has heel pads. Can only think they didn't wear them to the funeral. So they were donated. Like new. (Available)

These were $295 retail and still listed at Nordstrom.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
Took me a few min, but if you read though a few of those google results, "clothing and accessories" are one of 4 categories on ebay that they are testing out a new way to do the BIN/Auction. the BIN prob came off at $12.50 as it is suppose to trigger when the auction price reaches 50% of the BIN.
fing02[1].gif

GHo

Reaction score

Took me a few min, but if you read though a few of those google results, "clothing and accessories" are one of 4 categories on ebay that they are testing out a new way to do the BIN/Auction. the BIN prob came off at $12.50 as it is suppose to trigger when the auction price reaches 50% of the BIN.
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

I guess I thought the BIN stayed on there regardless of bid/bid price/etc.

Now I know. Thanks much for the edumacatun sir. :satisfied:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
you're coming up with some nice shoe finds, sir.
Picked up an excellent pair of AE Wingham tassel loafers, 8 1/2 D, Merlot calf skin, has heel pads. Can only think they didn't wear them to the funeral. So they were donated. Like new. (Available)

These were $295 retail and still listed at Nordstrom.

Hoofit

Reaction score
Hit up 7 stores last friday and this this is what I came home with. I have had some good finds lately, but still looking for the vintage croc gucci's.:slayer:
Burberry London navy pin suit. 46L Available
Alden015.jpg

Polo RL silk knit tie black and skinny available
Alden007.jpg

Oxxford Trousers available 31X30 with room to let inseam
Alden009.jpg

Pro Steel work boots made in USA steel toe obviously 12D available
Alden012.jpg

Not picured are the Florsheim Imperial Shell long wings 11.5 A that will be available when the cobbler gets done with the heels. And my ebay purchase here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200748072807

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Looking for a pair of good quality black oxfords, size 10.5D. AE Park Avenues would be ideal, but something similar is fine. My brother-in-law needs a pair of quality dress shoes. Let me know if you find or have anything.

GHo

Reaction score

Looking for a pair of good quality black oxfords, size 10.5D. AE Park Avenues would be ideal, but something similar is fine. My brother-in-law needs a pair of quality dress shoes. Let me know if you find or have anything.

shoot. I just scored a nice pair of Park Aves but they are 10D. First AE's I've seen in DSM.

lastdonb

Reaction score
you're coming up with some nice shoe finds, sir.
Thanks. I'm always surprised when you find a shoe that is in this good of condition. The GW only puts out one shoe and you have to ask for the other. Wish I could come across some 9 1/2's in brown.

Also picked up a nice woven made in Italy, Hugo Boss, 3 1/4" wide, liked the pattern and color:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LIKE CUBE SAYS, "TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY" BAD NOOBIZER IMPRESSION

First up, Lands End plaid shirt for myself.

Western shirt by Remuda, in case I ever want to join up with the bloods again.

Nice Paul Stuart, my size.

The first Armani in my size that I actually like.

Brioni, size 17.5, available.

Nice Gitman "Kashmyl" plaid, size M

Dual PRL cords,made in Italy, Lorinzini? Lavender and light blue! Size 34, available

******* Bijan tuxedo shirt with what I can only imagine is 24 karat gold running down the placket:)

Finally some nice shoes for my wife, Ralph Lauren loafers, made in Spain. Maker?

URL=http://www.styleforum.net/image/id/1647016/width/350/height/263]
[/URL]
No name ties for myself, the knit on the right however looks unlike any of the other knit wool/silk ties I own.

Been had glove leather lined shirt bags from the Hilton International in Singapore, this thing is ****!

Seersucker like blazer for myself, no maker tags, fits like a glove. I know it's no Issia cashmere, but it will fill a gap until I find one:)

Probably should have left this but I thought it was cool. Peach 100% Bamboo Viscose blazer by Jack Victor. Soft as cashmere. Size 44L

Hickey Freeman Limited blazer, wish this fit me, super soft. Size 42 S, available.

Oxxford super 120's blazer, for Neiman Marcus. I'm assuming this isn't part of a suit because the tag lists only the jacket and also calls it a "Collector's Item". Size 43L, available.

And finally, a throw away Ralph Lauren fragrance messenger bag I bought, just so I could carry all this **** home on my bike in addition to my regular backpack:) Think I'll keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads