Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.
Also, thanks for the info!
For what it's worth, I always think a shirt is worth the cost of tailoring if you really like it!
Those are US military "bunny" boots. The black ones are for cold weather, the white ones are for very cold weather.
Finally got back out to the stores...well actually to a single store...which I've never been to before even that is is local (just never knew about it) I can only imagine what I have missed.
Ties are always $2, Sport Coats are $8 and Suits are $15....today they had a 1/2 off on suits & sport coats.
1) Zegna "Sport Coat" (orphan) EU 56L, Navy Check 3 Roll 2. Tag looks pretty recent - working cuff buttons
Tag said this guy had been sitting on the racks since 4/5/12 (a month!!) I would have bought it at full price to flip!
2) Prada Tie - Can anyone confirm this is real? 3.25" so so a keeper
3) Prada Tie - Again, I assume this is real? Guessing it is with the thread loop on the back. Again this guy is skinny
4) Ferragamo Tie - Ebay $ should pay for the entire trip
5) Vineyard Vines - Don't usually go for these, but this one I happen to like. Prob going to sell it though.
6) Leonard - Thought I heard of the brand but wasnt sure...self tipped and with the other ties I found figured it was worth a shot.
Hopefully it can bring good $ on ebay being a "cigar" tie http://cgi.ebay.com/370603283370
1) Allen Edmonds Park Ave (Both shoes size 12.5 E). $20 and in so so condition so hope to maybe pick them up on sale sometime next week.
2) Allen Edmonds Loafers - Looked like shell but maybe corrected grain #4489 (could not find this on any list...) One size 12.5 and one size 9.5 SERIOUSLY!
2) First bag I've ever debating buying. 99% sure it was really Coach as the tags and stitching looked good, but in pretty beat up condition. Thought about trying to clean it up but IDK how well that would work, plus didnt know how much these sell for at the time. Prob will pick it up next time I am there if it's still around. They wanted $12.50. The inside tag # L0693-F08A11 (I think this is a Dec 06 Bag for the factory outlet "F" after the dash?? Anyone care to lend a hand?
Gents- Question- What are some italian, english, etc. made pumps for women that are well made and comfortable ?? The wifey is on her feet all day long and needs something better than the Chinese crap they peddle that hurt her feet and fall apart after a year. Any ideas of what brands to be aware of ? Thx y'all
Brianpore. Careful with that Sal Fer tie. That silk printed sig looks off. The two Rs should be level across the top more like the stay loop. Salvatore should be 3 distinct parts. I usually pass on the ties with the sloppy sig assuming they are fake.
Of course there is probably someone on here who knows ferragamo better than me. That different signature just makes me nervous. I found a breakdown if the fake sigs somewhere online
Anyone clarify. Dont want to list a fake obviously. The quality looked OK.....anyone Thanks in advance. Never even though to look for "fake Ferregamo ties...
I am sure there ARE fake Ferragamo's, but who would take the time to fake one that ugly
if the quality is good, you should be in the clear
All the sloppy sig ties I have seen have been crazy animal patterns too. Clearly I'm no expert. I would find that link and send it but I'm on my phone in the car on the way to Miami for our vacation cruise... Rubbing it in, sorry
How much is needed? If it's a pretty minimal amount, a super quick and free fix would be to move the top collar button.
On the flip side. Why would ferragamo screw up there own sig/logo?
Wouldn't take a chance on selling a fake, or a suspected fake, regardless of quality.
How does one tell, for future reference?
hahahahahah I walked by a ferragamo retail store in santa clara...while their shoes are awesome, some of their things (ties, anyone?) remind me of Geoffrey Beene. What a scam! I have kept two ties myself but...don't quite get the appeal.
Concealed, Garnett gonna make the diff tonight? Hoping. No illusions that they will win it all but damn, let's get my the Hawks.
Real reason I am posting: Shouts out to CapnWes. I don't kowtow to eBay sellers, in fact I have quit leaving feedback because I think eBay has brutally monetized/corrupted the feedback system, which is violating the bidders' trust in it. They should have left it alone, it was a beautiful thing back in the day.
But Wes is my man. Thank you for exceeding my expectations and recognizing my eBay handle, real name and SF handle. I have a hard time keeping track of my kids' names...and I hold you to that low standard, ha
(basically, I bid on one of his lots and didn't demand a discount or even remind him I was LooknGr8...and he connected the dots and reduced the price of the lot after bidding closed -- I was traveling, I really didn't care if he recognized me or not, we were only talking a few dollars here...and he proactively said "Yo! Pay less! I know you!)
Separate names with a comma.