The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercuryman76

Mercuryman76 Senior member

Any Armani experts in the house? I sold this Giorgio Armani on Ebay several weeks ago - buyer received it and left positive feedback, but just emailed me the following:

"I received the suit and it is a good looking suit. I thank you for the fast shipment. However, I found out that the suit is not as described. I was completely embarrassed when I took the suit to a cleaner and found out that the suit was not an authentic Armani. There are many tell-tale signs including all of the labels, the lining and the buttons that all point to a knock-off. I wish I had done my homework prior to bidding on this suit but I had good faith in you as a seller that your description of the item was correct. Since it is not an Armani suit as described I would like to return this product for a full refund. Thank you."

Here's some of the main pics I posted in the auction of the suit. Looked pretty authentic to me. Can anyone verify?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110862599096&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

2. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Lovin' that pincord!

3. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

I'm by no means an expert, but I've never seen the Emporio Armani "eagle" used with the "Georgio Armani" name, which seems weird to me. Again, not at all an expert and that's purely just an observation solely from past experience. You should PM toscano_adotatto. He knows quite a bit about Armani stuff generally.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  4. Regg

Regg Senior member

5. TheWGP

TheWGP Senior member

um, that eagle logo is only on Emporio Armani stuff IIRC... been awhile since I looked into Armani stuff, but that's screamin' fake to me. sorry!

Found a Nom de Guerre yellow polo shirt yesterday... autodibs to someone based on size, we'll see what happens.

Also found a Brioni tie - it's available for cost + shipping BUT you don't get to see a picture until you pay... any brandwhore takers? I guarantee authenticity, it's in good condition and it is not a loud paisley pattern :laugh:

6. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

7. Mercuryman76

Thanks for the replies everyone. I better refund this dude his money!

8. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

9. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

That Armani couldn't be faker if you had bought it from a faker machine on the fakingest day of your life. It wouldn't shock me if that picture of it was fake as well as the reality in which it existed. Fakingly.

Sorry man....give that dude a refund and apologize profusely.

10. Mercuryman76

I already sent him a message letting him know that I'll refund his money and all shipping charges. Thanks for the input on the authenticity or lack thereof.

11. toscano_adottato

toscano_adottato Senior member

Fakes happen....just gotta be wary if you are flipping stuff. At least they spelled the name right!

12. gauchogolfer

gauchogolfer Active Member

Just found a new shop nearby which looks promising for the future. I picked up a sweet Thomas Pink shirt, left behind 2 HF cashmere suits and a Burberry SC. Both of which are nicer than other stuff I've seen at bigger local places. Keeping my fingers crossed it'll be reliable. The fact I can walk there from my house might not do me any favors...

Edit: here's a photo, now that I'm at home. It's a pattern I've been looking for, and $2 can't be beat :)[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  13. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

[​IMG]

this is what a legit armani collezioni label looks like. The trick for Armani is the more boring the label, the better. Giorgio Armani and Armani Collezioni have boring labels; anything flashy or containing eagles stay away from; 99.9% of it is fake, the other .1% you'll find is legit Emporio, which is usually ugly clubwear. Le Collezioni is the old version of the Collezioni line, and isn't worth picking up unless it's something you really like for yourself.

14. div25sec9

div25sec9 Senior member

sorry for the consecutive posts, but this came up while I was replying...why did you leave HF Cashmere?

15. GHo

GHo Senior member

:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.