• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiny

Reaction score
Arghhh moment today: I think about a week ago I posted about a NWT grey pin striped H. Freeman & Sons orphan pants that were my waist, pleated, unfinished/unhemmed that I left behind. Well, today I found the NWT coat at another GW a scant 3 miles away :) . I didn't buy the coat, but I went back to the GW where the pants were and, of course, they were gone :brick: . Oh, well.

I didn't plan to thrift today but this GW was on my route to the Home Depot where I was gonna buy some lawn stuff.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You became a personal shopper for couple of people in middle America it seems. Are these the same people who are overbidding to your wares?

Im not understanding the question.

Jeez man.  Congrats on cleaning up on that one. 

Thanks!

:fistbump:

$200 is cheap! Guess they more then double by the end, prob $500+

These are shoes that I thrifted, had resoled/reglazed, and am consigning via Spoo.  I sure hope they go for more than $500!!!! 

WHATS THAT YOU SAID THESE SHOES RIGHT HERE?

:lol:

Those are my grail shoes, Lobb Chapels. Amazing. If they were a 9.5, I would have been after you relentlessly. Congrats.

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, you are a decent dude and great seller from whom I've bought several items. And quite frankly you the only person on SF that I consider worth imitating, style wise. And I try to.
But for the love of Cthulu you sell some motherfucking gaudy ****. Good on you and all that, but I shudder to think of who wears that stuff.

Missed this one... thanks!

Of course my **** is loud and flashy. So what. Money is perfectly conservative business dress and fits all occasions. :nodding:

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice first finds! I'd say probably leave the CT shirts if they don't fit you, but the others should do well. 

Someone was mentioning CT a few pages back so I went for it. Slim fit, decent condition in a basic white, I figured why not. There were one or two others I left behind

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone was mentioning CT a few pages back so I went for it. Slim fit, decent condition in a basic white, I figured why not. There were one or two others I left behind

I like 'em and wear 'em, but you can buy them new for $39.50 shipped so it's hard to get more than $15-20 for them

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
+1, they HAVE to be slim fit and nice to even consider picking up and that one fits the bill. If you dont mind turning $2 into $15
teacha.gif
then those are an easy sell. If you think your going to get $30 for them then your out of your mind

Larson McCord

Reaction score
some pretty good finds recently

Tweed by Church/Cheaney size 11.5 44C black wing tips in nice condition

Allen Edmonds Polo in very good condition size 10E, I wanted so badly to make these work but just too damn wide

Allen Edmonds Hillcrest burgundy in 8A for you smaller guys, these are very lightly used

JPress Harrington jacket in Navy, size 105, about a medium looks like it was made for the Japanese market

measures 24.5 pit
26.5 inches from BOC long
ragland sleeves measure 30 from the neck seam.

Corneliani navy 3 button suit 50 euro, measures to a 38-40, great looking but unvented

24 sleeve
17.5 shoulder
21 pit
30 long
32 waist +3.5
30 long + cuff
pants are pleated

Brooks Brothers made in Italy brown sport coat, really nice chocolate color tagged 39 measures a 40R

Brooks Brothers gray plaid camel hair, very soft 40S

An odd find, a *FAKE* Louis Vuitton black single button blazer, very lightweight measures to a 40R

PM if you have any interest, all available

I also found a nearly new pair of AE MacNeil in my size today. The weird part was I was out hitting antique shops with the wife, never know what you'll find in those places.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thx ! The Canali shoes are 43 1/2.

Doh!

[quote name=[S][/S]"Nataku" url="/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread/33700_100#post_5402048"]Wow! That's probably the coolest tie I've ever seen! :slayer:
Insane tie haul as well!
[/quote]

Huge plus 1. My fave fond of the day... Until I saw --

The Lobbs were $45. The Bontonis were $35. Please excuse the quick crappy iphone photos: they are beautiful. My heart stopped when I saw them.

Un. Be. Lievable. :worship:

Nice first finds! I'd say probably leave the CT shirts if they don't fit you, but the others should do well. 

I like 'em and wear 'em, but you can buy them new for $39.50 shipped so it's hard to get more than $15-20 for them 

Bingo. I also wear them and will buy them and trade for them (within reason) erry day n twice on sunday.

Last, have I mentioned how much I detest using sf on my blackberry? Can't a brother get an app all up in this? Who can get on that for me? Spoo? Brian?

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last couple day's haul. I swear, since they put away the jackets and sweaters, I've been finding only odd and ends. Oh well,

I guess lightning does strike twice. Mint copy of an album featuring Charlie Parker, Stan Getz & Dexter Gordon, also Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66, Equinox

Vintage Broadstreet, my size. I wore these all day yesterday, definitely my new favorites. Check out the stitching on the cap!

******* tassel shoelaces? Who would ********** that. Stetson shortwings. Size 9.5 C, up for trades.

Couple hand-rolled silk scarfs.

Cool embroidered trout surcingle belt. Made in the U.S.A, I can' t make out the brand though. Marked a size 40, I usually wear 32,but this only needs one more hole punched into it and it will fit!

Grey Coach harness leather belt, size 36 but works.

Now, I have a number of vests, but not one with lapels that also features a beautiful pinstriped tweed herringbone pattern. I had to grab.

Plaid Zegna button up size XL, up for trade.

Cool linen bow-tie, I rarely ever find these.

Probably the coolest tie I've ever thrifted:

At first i thought this might also be linen but upon further inspection,

Horizontal stripes, check, awesome color combination, check, hand made and silk too boot?, check.
Some sartorial inspiration,

Also, this:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Very funny, smart guy. If there's one thing I hate more than typing on a poorly designed device, its typing on the SCREEN of a device that definitely thinks (perhaps rightly so, but still) that its cooler than me.

Oh no, you di'int.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads