• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Reposting the pics.  I took them at a friend's apartment, and thought that they had some of his personal information in them.  Turns out, it's fine.

Borrelli shoes, now Isaia shoes?! They're recent to boot! Crazy.....

Last edited:

Lirum

Reaction score
Holy hell @ last couple pages.

Anyways, re-sale wise, how big a deal is stitching that's come loose in the armpits? Found a BB suit and RL Chaps SC, both had weak or detached stitching at some point on one of the pits. I may buy them anyways, as they fit and I'm confident it's an easy sewing fix, but if I flipped them I'd obviously have to disclose that - wondering how it'd go over on the Bay.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyways, re-sale wise, how big a deal is stitching that's come loose in the armpits? Found a BB suit and RL Chaps SC, both had weak or detached stitching at some point on one of the pits. I may buy them anyways, as they fit and I'm confident it's an easy sewing fix, but if I flipped them I'd obviously have to disclose that - wondering how it'd go over on the Bay.

definitely would not try to buy an RL Chaps SC to flip....

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made by Loro Piana, not just the fabric
rotflmao.gif

Today's haul is at a friend's apartment though, so these are all of the pics that I have.

Did your place finally fill up?

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me anything about this? Seems super-high quality and has some really nice pick-stitching on the lapel and such. Double-vented, working surgeons cuffs...the thing is just bad-ass. Has a made in Canada tag inside the collar as well. It's navy if you can't tell by the pictures.

It's also available if anyone's interested. It's around a 40-42R or S. I'll get proper measurements tonight.

Hate to quote myself but DM7 beasted me. Anyone? Quality this nice just doesn't come from a random maker does it?!

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Made by Loro Piana, not just the fabric :rotflmao:

Today's haul is at a friend's apartment though, so these are all of the pics that I have.

Happy to provide storage space if you ran out.

:devil:

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this legit? I didn't pick it up because I didn't know -- and because it's a bit massive -- but I might go back and get it, as it's the first Versace I've seen in a thrift. It was $5, so I'd be looking at a healthy ebay profit, yes?

.... so no pickup then?

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score

DO NOT BUY RL Champs to flip!

Anyone a 46XL in here??? Just got a BALLER summer sport coat in.

DeadBoy

Reaction score
Made in Canada and nice... I'll guess Samuelsohn?

I've seen a fair amount of Samuelsohn jackets but have never seen a tag like that on the inside, or working cuffs for that matter. But then, I don't have experience with their MTM stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads