• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, snap -- I just located MEGA TIE HAUL! Part Deux -- same guy, same tell-tale ties shot through the mix like tracer fire -- Leonard ties (Maxe in Italy?), as well as another unsung Italian brand J forgot -- only this time there were like thirty Tom James ties. :facepalm:

Grabbed a few random nice ones -- Zegna, Ferragamo, and a surprisingly wearable Nicole Miller for myself -- I'll poast later, but nothing like the forty high-en ties just hanging there A few days ago.

I'm keeping hope alive! (along with greed, I guess :D )

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, snap -- I just located MEGA TIE HAUL! Part Deux -- same guy, same tell-tale ties shot through the mix like tracer fire -- Leonard ties (Maxe in Italy?), as well as another unsung Italian brand J forgot -- only this time there were like thirty Tom James ties. :facepalm:
Grabbed a few random nice ones -- Zegna, Ferragamo, and a surprisingly wearable Nicole Miller for myself -- I'll poast later, but nothing like the forty high-en ties just hanging there A few days ago.
I'm keeping hope alive! (along with greed, I guess :D )

leonard paris ties are quite collectible and can fetch a pretty penny on ebay, i hope you grabbed'em

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn. I still want to find a Barbour in my size. Found a 2xl quilted vest once but that's it.
I made a run on my lunch break and walked around with a Clan Douglas cashmere sweater that ended up being way too big for me so I decided to leave empty handed.

Heathered-red color, right? Grabbed it's navy blue twin a couple days ago. Passed on the red one. It was a nice sweater but I already have a couple in that color.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Believe it or not, I scored 16 more pairs of cufflinks today, making the grand total for the week 36 pairs.
Also...2 Brooks Bros suits, (1) Glen Plaid 40R, (1) Gray Pin
NWT Brooks Bros Glen Plaid SC 38R,
NWT BB Chinos 34/34
Vintage Woolrich Tweed Raglan Top Coat....to save for winter listings, unless someone wants to kop it now.
A Sheltand Wool Tweed for Anson Newton (??). I got it because it's a crazy sweet plaid..... 40R I think

***Anson Newton is/was in NJ. Any help from the Jersey boys?

Also my size 12 shoe shipment came in today guys, so get ready. Unfortunately they weren't bought at thrift stores, but still got the lot for a decent price. If it please the court, I will post them later. You won't be sorry.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Believe it or not, I scored 16 more pairs of cufflinks today, making the grand total for the week 36 pairs.
Also...2 Brooks Bros suits, (1) Glen Plaid 40R, (1) Gray Pin
NWT Brooks Bros Glen Plaid SC 38R,
NWT BB Chinos 34/34
Vintage Woolrich Tweed Raglan Top Coat....to save for winter listings, unless someone wants to kop it now.
A Sheltand Wool Tweed for Anson Newton (??). I got it because it's a crazy sweet plaid..... 40R I think

***Anson Newton is/was in NJ. Any help from the Jersey boys?

Also my size 12 shoe shipment came in today guys, so get ready. Unfortunately they weren't bought at thrift stores, but still got the lot for a decent price. If it please the court, I will post them later. You won't be sorry.

Or just PM me ;)

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
during my prowl for a mannequin this afternoon I came across this and nearly **** a coincidence brick since we were just talking about thte EXACT same chair. This was 'in the style of eames' though.

..... DAMMIT VALLIUM WHERE ART THOU?

somebodysezcowboyboots?

and these ... which I paid way too much for ... but took a chance ...

Church's (?) for Brooks Brothers Opera Pumps ... Size 44 C

EDIT: Not for me - for someone who has way more swag than I.

Last edited:

Samuel Smith

Reaction score
NWT BB Chinos 34/34
A Sheltand Wool Tweed for Anson Newton (??). I got it because it's a crazy sweet plaid..... 40R I think

hold the f*ckin phone ... you are gonna post size 12 shoes on a friday night AGAIN?

you are going to look so pretty in those brooks brothers shoes

thanks, fixed :D

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
NWT BB Chinos 34/34

Now that you got the "in" you need a dedicated cufflink thread!
fing02[1].gif

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the Lucchese boots were gone, but I did pick up a Charles Tyrwritt pink herringbone dress shirt 50% off at a local consignment. Left a fully canvassed pale green Harris Tweed blazer and unworn Royal Tweed tassel loafers at another store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads