• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcl

Reaction score

It depends what you are buying. If you thrift Kiton you should get more then $150. If you thrift crap you will get under $55. Good good good pictures, good feedback reputation on ebay, time and patience. Things dont just fall in your lap. People who spend more time make more money. As Thomas Jefferson once said "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have" Can anyone give me a quick "age check" on how old this might be? Blazer or Orphaned suit jacket?
086_1334780249.jpg
135_1334780269.jpg
[TR]
[TD]
136_1334780273.jpg
[/TD]​
[TD] [/TD]​
[/TR]
+1 Very Recent. And strictly on the fabric I would say blazer. But I might be inclined to put a nice set of horn buttons on there. :nodding:

GHo

Reaction score

finally had time to hit it today!
dAk1W.jpg

first 3: recent Polo, made in italy
Paul smith
next 3: hermes
tUUMx.jpg

two recent unworn (?, pockets sewn shut) 3 button hugo boss suits
2i3Iv.jpg

willis geiger, duchamp london, duchamp london, d&g, loro piana, robert talbott carmel linen (made in china but huge MOP buttons, really nice)
daVOw.jpg

vineyard vines x2, zanella linen, zegna linen, RG
BQBqw.jpg

oops forgot the flash. mint park aves, pebble grain aldens
okay here is my favorite find from today. found this great great old Pegasus black leather carryon bag. insane quality, better than the old Louis Vuitton bag i found, super heavy duty talon zips, leather is really nice (kinda beat up though), and doesn't even weigh that much. the good news: it was $4. the bad news... i got it home and realized i didn't have the combination. So... 750 tries later (and about 2 hours), i now know the combo. derp. now i just gotta remove previous owners initials.
bJjyX.jpg

l9XdX.jpg

5MEJs.jpg

holy **** man. congrats on a great day!

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
a nice danish desk (perfect for typhoid jones who seems to wreck a desk every other week)

another teak desk for Typhoid

^ Both are nice desks... definitely smashable... but nice nonetheless.

i smoked a doobie abut an hour ago so im not firing on all cylinders,explain

^ Lol.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer mine just above the knee. I have a pair of BB linen shorts that have a 8 in inseam, but are 2-3 inches above my knees
frown.gif

Anyone want them?

What's the waist? I have short-ish legs for my height, so that's a decent length for me

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Forgot to post these Pics, so I'll play a little catch up.

Got 3 Pairs of Zanella Double Pleated (33) ...they are the bottom 3 on the stack. One pair (tan) is LP Tasmanian 120s fabric.

$(KGrHqJHJDIE8gNO0putBPjh6L!6GQ~~60_57.JPG

And these:

Measure 37"

$(KGrHqJHJ!wE9qgSbFDtBPjidc3FRg~~60_57.JPG
$(KGrHqJ,!q0E88giG0NmBPj0o2jYRQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJ!0E9p48uIFeBPjigup4Yw~~60_57.JPG

2 of the 9 Brannock Devices I found yesterday. I especially have a good feeling about the one for Buster Brown Shoes, a lot of hits and several watchers already.

$(KGrHqF,!nkE9c1fWn,6BPj1kf1BrQ~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZ,!qoE88ffWFveBPj1r1nvo!~~60_57.JPG

Also picked up another pair of Zanellas last night. Tagged 36, double pleated/cuffed, beige.

EDIT: Apologies to the mods, apperently my original unicorn pic was not SF approved and was removed.

Last edited:

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back to back posts, what?

The wife and I are out of town visiting family. Oklahoma City thrifts - you're on notice. Reports to come.
smile.gif
OKC.....make sure to check out Bricktown Brewery. They make a nice beer. As for thrifts, I'd check the Edmond area. It is also worth a drive down to Norman.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cornfused...Not sure I said that???? Is there another capnwes on here?

Nah, was on my BB. Trying to quote somone else and must have hit multi on one of your posts. Went back and corrected my post.

But while we're just chatting, just the two of us, those Zanella unicorns: They gray or brown? And what's the inseam?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, was on my BB. Trying to quote somone else and must have hit multi on one of your posts. Went back and corrected my post.
But while we're just chatting, just the two of us, those Zanella unicorns: They gray or brown? And what's the inseam?

More gray than brown, but there is a hint of brown. Inseam is 30", Outseam 41" could be lengthened 2" and let out 2" in the waist. Clean lining. Non-cuffed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads