The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Fantastic movie. You should watch it asap.

2. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

You also found a Kiton that day...and 2 Brionis, so I think you got the nod. I shall not rest until I findeviscerate you ha.

3. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I don't doubt that DM7 is a thrifting recidivist. His thrifting experience would be like going to the grocery and continually getting five times as much change from the automated checkout station. No one would back away from that. He's just busy with school. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and what not.

4. valium

valium Senior member

guys hes not posting because there were no replies to his craigslist ad lately,is that so hard to undestand?
    i gotta laugh at all this hater talk,the only thing i hate is when someone is full of shit,and i will not change my tune on that.
    he claims he cant show thrift store price tags because a store might get indentified through a location number,well just blur it out and leave the price on it.
    but you wont will you, "because you dont have to prove anything to anybody" ,well you are right you dont but if you are gonna make claims back it up if you can,but you wont bacause its from your ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thats all im gonna say on this,dude is full of it and i dont know why all of you are lapping it up,all hes doing is creating interest in his ebay auctions.
    which is pretty clever actually,post ad on CL,get the shit at a good price,post on forum where a bunch of guys will lose their shit over mundane carroll & co and golden fleece stuff (!!!) ,link to my auctions (NO TRADING!!!) and take the money to the bank.
    get the fuck outta here man

here is his ad on CL ..AGAIN in case you ,missed it,i mean its right there in black and white what dont you get about this?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/wan/2946457663.html

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012

5. Stewie

Stewie Senior member

After catching up on the thread...couple thoughts:

330CK: That JVC Videosphere is missing the stand...does it have the chain on top..if you decide to sell it display it somehow hanging by the chain.

Noobizor:There is vintage Eddie Bauer that does very well...they have remade a bunch and you can see the original label style on these on their website. Most vintage hiking gear can bring money if you so choose to flip it, some of us choose to use and wear it :) Someone please find me a Chouinard Rugby shirt! Please!

Rathebaindc: Size 14 shoes? Really? Unless you got them for a steal, probably not a quick flip if thats what your planning.

Thanks Valium for sticking around..quality finds of the non clothing that shows you know your stuff.

I've been buying and selling everything from true antiques (Pre 1900 stuff) to mid century modern items and any type of collectible in between. This thread is an excellent example of what not to buy and what sells if you want to resell high end quality men's clothing as well as a few nice women's items thrown in for good fortune. Please start at page one, read the whole thing, hit the thrifts not expecting DM7 finds but the occasional nice find. Most of the time will be ho hum finds, but post the good ones for us all to be envious of. :satisfied:

And of course, the most important part of this thread is finding stuff that fits and you can keep it for yourself making everyone jelly you got style!

D.

6. valium

valium Senior member

why do they have to be mutually exclusive? why couldn't i be both?

7. valium

valium Senior member

i think thats a compliment to be held in the same regard as that wealth of knowledge,thank you very much.

8. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Found some awesome stuff tonight!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

How did I do?

9. shadesofbeige

shadesofbeige Senior member

I don't post here too often, but I've been reading every post in this thread for the last four months or so. Is it just me, or does NO ONE else post pictures with thrift store tags? It's not like Darkmatter7 is violating some unwritten law of the thrift thread by choosing not to. Valium, if you can find $1200 model airplanes, paintings worth more than my car, and super-rare modern furniture every other day, is it so crazy to think that a kid in LA could find what DM7 finds? I could believe DM7's finds are legitimate long before I'd believe that he's constructed an elaborate conspiracy to hoodwink a bunch of guys on the internet (anyone taking the time to orchestrate that kind of scheme certainly wouldn't want to fork over 1/3 of his profits to a consigner.) Just my .02, I enjoy both DM7 and Valium's posts, they've been educational and entertaining, and I'd like to see them both stay.

Oh right, the bragging. Picked up a pair of To Boot New York Alex side-zip boots in a 10 yesterday. Great shape, send me a PM if you're interested.

10. darkmatter7

darkmatter7 Affiliate Vendor

11. valium

valium Senior member

^^^i was being facetious ,ever heard of sarcasm?
    the bag doesnt prove anything,i wanna see those pricetags ON the clothes.

12. valium

valium Senior member

i see your point,but i dont find this stuff every day,not at all.the items you mentioned have been in the last three to four weeks.i wish it was everyday.ps the painting wasnt me,i think that was TBEN? i found the photograph of the schooner,if thats what you meant.
    for example its been pretty dry since friday,except finding that Herman Miller chair on the curb but tahts not thrifting,and the little lamp today.
    anyway i will let it go because i wanna keep posting,and i want him to keep posting too,never said i didnt i just questioned the source.

13. pnutpug

pnutpug Senior member

I concur, and they don't get the love they deserve. Took me forever awhile back to re-sell a perfect-condition vintage Aquascutum trench with the freakin' hang tags intact but in a pocket (it had been worn, but obviously not much). It was every bit the equal of Burberry, but you know how label snobs can be...

14. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

I will have all of you know I just copulated with my hot Asian girlfriend.

SHIT_JUST_GOT_REAL.jpeg!!!!!!!!!!

15. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Noobizor, did you get your MMM highs? If so, where you find them? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.