1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

IMO, these kinds of post should REALLY be kept to PM if they are directed to a single person. Post your stuff to brag about here but don't put asking prices or links to ebay or B&S. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. GHo

GHo Senior member

agreed on all these points. that outfit looks "touristy". All you need is the fanny pack. :embar:

3. GHo

GHo Senior member

I've been looking for a pair of seersucker pants for an upcoming wedding. Question for the group - is it ok to cuff a pair of seersuckers? I would assume so, but haven't been seeing any in my search. Will likely wear them with navy sportcoat and brown dress shoes (AE Kenilworths probably). So, cuffs/seersuckers? yea/nea?

4. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

I see your tuxedo, and raise you...

[​IMG]

5. grendel

grendel Senior member

I have a pair of PRL seersucker pants and they came cuffed. I'd say yea.

6. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

I think that would be the case if he was an old man, since he's not I think it works.

Found my first pair of decent sunglasses:

Tortoiseshell Persols, made in Italy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plus a pair of Spys if there are any bros out there (Available):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these AE Tribecas in pretty decent condition (11.5 - Available)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. eazye

eazye Senior member

Some stuff I picked up the last two days.I made a total noob mistake though because I was in a hurry. Both BB blazers have damage to the liners, which I didn't realize until I got home. The herringbone is salvagable but the black one I'm going to harvest the buttons on. Wah wahhhhh. :violin:
    BB golden fleece custom made. Working 2 button cuffs, single vent, 2 button with a cool liner. Light wear to the liner around the collar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Super old BB golden fleece, going to be used for button harvest.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Awesome crushed velvet smoking jacket, size 46, by State of Maine, made in the USA. This thing is bause!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My wife found this French Connection made in the USA sleeve-less dress thing. I thought all their stuff was Chinese made, go figure.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And my favorite find, Prince Evolution, Prince 1999, John Lennon Live in NYC, Billy Ocean Tear Down These Walls, Grateful Dead double LP
    [​IMG]

8. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

Authenticity check. Anyone know?

And nice find with those Persol 2720's CottonDockers. I bought those off ebay in the spring and absolutely love them. Those look like they are in better condition then mine too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Size 46! GASP! Why did I lose those 25 lbs?????

10. Jpmorris

Jpmorris Senior member

Eazy, those prince records are awesome!

11. grendel

grendel Senior member

I have these and they're fantastic. Amazing find!
    Re-attaching a sleeve lining is really not that expensive.

12. troika

troika Senior member

Some notable things from the weekend. All unavailable.

My first find of pocket squares.
    [​IMG]

T&A shirt with a label that I haven't seen before, hopefully not fake?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sample only Dockers...left has a really cool pattern and the ones on the right are Alpha khakis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some BB ties
    [​IMG]

Didn't pick this up Henry Poole bespoke because they wanted a lot for it. Seems like a 42R and I can proxy for someone if they want.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Stissius

Stissius Well-Known Member

Picked up a couple things today.
    [​IMG]

Nothing special, just some LL Beans. It's nice to find stuff for myself for once, though.

Then I found this Lacoste Golf Polo sz 5. Everything looks legit to me (MoP, made in france, croc looks good) but this is the first Lacoste thing I've picked up. The croc was on the sleeve, I assumed because it was Lacoste Golf. Can anyone confirm it's real?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Not sure if this applies to lacoste golf, but look for another tag on the inside of the shirt about where your hip would be. Does the tag say "DEVANLAY"?

15. eazye

eazye Senior member

Yea, but the sleeves at the cuffs are shreaded too, too much work, me thinks. On a similer note, has anybody put gold buttons on a glan plaid sport coat before? I've got two BB jackets, one's tan and one's glen plaid. I'm thinking the glen plaid could look cool with those sheep buttons. Thoughts?

16. bytor13

bytor13 Senior member

Hit up a few stores, but only picked this up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I did pass up a couple of choice suits (I'm trying to get rid of stuff before I buy any more), which I'd be happy to proxy if anyone's interested.

PRL DB navy blue chalkstripe flannel - Made in USA, side vented, tagged 41R, pants - 36W, $30
    PRL DB charcoal flannel w/ purple (I think) pinstripes - Made in USA, side vented, tagged 41R, pants 36W, $30

Oxxford solid navy blue - side vented, about a 44R, 38 (or 40) pants waist & 28 (or 29) inseam, $21
    Oxxford charcoal w/ purple pinstripes - "Hand made in Chicago" (MTM?), side vented, working cuffs, about a 44R, pants 38 (or 40)W & 28 (or 29) inseam. This thing was seriously sick, though it had a small rip in the jacket lining and a small hole on the back. Seemed like a fixer-upper, so I passed. $21

17. grendel

grendel Senior member

What size is that Chester Barrie? [​IMG]

The solid Oxxford is definitely worth picking up. If it was a 41R like the others I'd be throwing money at you to go pick it up for me. [​IMG]

18. Brianpore

Brianpore Senior member

Solid Oxxford suit for $21... go back and but it! Someone here will want it and if not you just made a c-note on ebay in 15 minutes easy! [​IMG]I'd leave all the PRL and other so so stuff and always pick up Oxxford, Brioni, etc etc

19. Dolfan954

Dolfan954 Senior member

Right back at you Andro. Thanks for throwing in a couple surprises too.

20. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

I've only once found a nice vintage Pierre Cardin piece. It was a paisley shirt from the late 60's. Had long, rounded collars, concealed button placket, MOP buttons and side gussets. From then on, I knew that at one point PC stuff was really nice. That was about 6 years ago. Today, I stumbled upon this beauty. I'd date this to the mid-late 60's. Charcoal gray with purple pinstripes. Double breasted 6/3 front. Single vent. Ticket pocket. Has a good amount of handwork. Trousers have a split curtain waistband. Flat front, no cuffs. Super nice. Sadly, it's a couple sizes too small for me so it's available.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Measurements:

Chest (pit to pit): 21"
    Shoulders (seam to seam): 17 1/2"
    Sleeves (shoulder seam to cuff): 25" with 1" to let out
    Length (TOC): 32 1/2"

Waist: 16 3/4" with 2 1/2" to let out
    Inseam: 26" with 2 3/4" to let out
    Cuffs: 0"

[​IMG]