Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thanks everyone! I'm still sorting through the PM's but I wanted to address the thread as well.
    A half inch too wide (but I could live with that) and 3 inches too long for me! :fu:

Close. but not quite the patterns I'm after.

Linky?

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Yep, discount store. And one not known for usually producing anything for me. I caught the rack literally leaving the stock room.

3. grendel

grendel Senior member

What were the prices like? Did you kop?

4. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

This is the only thing I have that might fit your needs. 3.5" wide.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

5. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

PM'd.

Too high to be worth it, but still great. No koppage.....yet.

6. grendel

grendel Senior member

Yeah, it's probably a good thing I don't live near a LastCall. It would be too tempting.

7. SpooPoker

Wasn't a last call or a saks. :devil:

8. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

:uhoh:

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Excuse the triple post, but today I found two albums I think are worth some dough -- Scorpions Virgin Killer, and one from -- what, some band with Eric Clapton? -- Blind Faith? Both covers discontinued/famous (I think) for, erm, nude women who are way too Jung for that sort of thing. The only reason I know this is because I remember some sort of free speech debate over eBay or Google or someone deciding to block sales/images,etc. TOO SCARED/EMBARRASSED TO COP!

10. SpooPoker

This reminds me - do any of you guys find vintage (70s + 80s) concert/tour/band shirts? If you do, Id be interested in any size.

11. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Holy shit, shit just got way to SRS BIZNS just now. It's a thread. Focused on thrifting. Within a forum. Focused on clothes. Everyone needs to:

Now, I like trolling with the best of them. I've done so quite successfully on other forums much to my own enjoyment. Interestingly, I can provide this important insight: the single most important thing to a troll is that he rile up his target. Whether DM7 is a troll or not is entirely immaterial; either he has amazing finds, or he doesn't. A "yes" or a "no" answer to this question should have absolutely zero effect on the daily lives of anyone tangentially involved with this thread. However, if he IS trolling, and he's managed to get: 1) Valium to leave, 2) several people to get SUPER MAD over the accusations about him/come to his defense/bring the pitchforks against him, and 3) get people to talk about him more than 9000 seconds, then he's succeeded in his efforts to troll. If he isn't a troll, then 1) he knows that, and 2) he can, as a result of this knowledge, rest secure with the realization that those calling for his head are "h8rz". My point is that to spend more than 2 seconds thinking about DM7's legitimacy is spending 2 seconds too many on the subject. It really doesn't matter. If he is...then, well, shit, our lives change none. If he isn't...then, well, shit a dude somewhere finds a lot of good shit.

And now, I acknowledge that I've spent more than 2 seconds thinking about DM7's legitimacy. And now I'm SUPER MAD at myself for that.

12. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Quote:

13. SpooPoker

:laugh: emoticon much?

The only 40 in the lot was a 40S... and one 38R. The rest was all 52L, 54, 54L, 56R+L, and a few 60R and 62R.

14. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

My emoticons were appropriate, given the context. [​IMG]

wait...56-62R US? [​IMG].

Also, ugh. I shall continue dreaming for the day when this video is accurate...and all in 41L.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.