The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

2. amadar

amadar Senior member

Just so you know, thats not "technically" an ebay misspell, because "Zegna" is spelled correctly in the item specific section, and thus would come up under a search. In fact, some savvy sellers misspell the brand in the title on purpose (and correctly spell it in the item specific) so that the auction also attracts those looking for misspellings. :teach:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

3. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Details on the Boss SC?

4. highvoltorb

highvoltorb Senior member

Ahh good point. I guess something like that would have made more sense a few years ago when they didn't have the description box where you actually select the brand.

5. rayxlui

rayxlui Senior member

WTFFFFF. your robbing trucks aren't you?

6. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Piddling around yesterday and found one of these Cross Pens (not the set, just the pen) with the genuine plastic presentation box and instructions for changing the refill. It was sitting on top of a pair of shoes. $2. You can probably pick one up for twenty but it was new and I like slender pens.
    [​IMG]

This is interesting. Is is more gray or does it show as brown?

7. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

ah thanks for the heads up! I was thinking of giving it a shot this weekend.

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It is Gray with a beige stripe, but it does have a little brownish tint to it compaired to the other gray suit I posted.

9. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

10. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

while I have the attention of wes and some other eBay'ers

what do you think of this message from someone with 4 feedback overall. all positive, mind you

Please excuse my delinquency in this transaction, I've been in a treatment facility this week with limited access to my mobile. Again, my apologies.

11. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

I forgot to mention that I'm looking for Isaia hangers now. If anyone has any that they will sell, shoot me a PM. I just bought my Isaia garment bag off the bay for $15, not a bad deal!

12. catside

catside Senior member

+1

13. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

Huh, don't know if I would have just come out with it like that. You have to automatically assume he is mentally insane, right. But I always give people more time to pay if they contact me.

I had a few zingers this week too.

Monday:
    "Sorry can you cancel my bid my kid was playing with my phone I didn't notice he was on eBay please am sorry for the inconvenience"

Thursday:
    "I'm so sorry i click on the bid process looking at the photos thinking it was two jackets. one of the pictures look like it was a blue jacket so i thought it was a lot of 2. I would not like to purchase this jacket thank you."

Note ---I have no clue what he was talking about. The listing was clearly for one jacket. He did BIN at the last second instead of making the minimum starting bid. I assume it was buyers remorse. Offered it to him for the starting bid. Declined.---

Today:
    "hello m8 i'm sorry to tell you that the bid placed on your shoes was mistakenly clicked by my children as i had left my account signed on therefore i'm unable to make payment for it so please accept my apology, even if i had to buy for the sake of it is not even my size its way too small for me, kindly request you to re list your item and sorry for any inconvinience caused to you.
    kindly regards"

Neither of them have accepted the transaction cancellation so at this point I am out like $50 in fees until 7 days have passed and the case is closed by ebay.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

14. Samuel Smith

yea - i'm also new to the eBay game so I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. he has paid so I have no choice but to ship out today. I expect to get screwed on this one though. I read it very early this morning was wtf'd [​IMG]

15. Samuel Smith

also just had someone ask if I could ship a pair of Alden's to Japan. He seems to have a very reliable history and (+) feedback though ~500. How much is shipping to Japan? :O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.