Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

C stuff custom made so if you're proxying, bring a tape measure to get accurate sizes. Nice stuff - especially if they're made with Thomas Mason fabrics (it will have a small Thomas Mason label at the bottom of the shirt placket if is is).

2. Hoofit

Hoofit Senior member

Well on the advice of DM7 and Nataku, I went and picked up 13 sets of Trafalgar braces. Hopefully they will net me a decent profit as I dont think I would ever wear them. Some have some cool patterns PM if interested, dont have the time to take a ton of pics at the moment.

From the same store I took 10 nice ties keeping only 1 for myself BB XL all the rest are available and pictured below.
    LtoR: TOP ROW: Behar, Talbott BOC, BB
    Middle: Oxxford Crest, talbott, KITON
    Bottom: BB Merchants and Makers, talbott BOC, Thomas Pink
    [​IMG]

3. StGermain

StGermain Active Member

I have seen some really weird Ferragamo's similar to that in womens. I left them so I don't know if they are a counterfeit or not. Check the leather inside. Ferragamo (mens and womens) will be lined with really soft leather that is smooth but not slick and it won't have sharp edges. Ferragamo did do some shoes a few years ago in weird fabrics. Womens shoes showed up with odd microfiber coverings, wool and some others. They generally don't hold up well and are junk after they get torn or heavily stained. Those may be microfiber faux suede from the same vintage?

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

FILED UNDER PLEASANT SURPRISES:

[​IMG]

Clark's oxfords....made in Italy?

These were surprisingly nice, and they would have been a good step toward what I like to call that no-nonsense Patrik Ervell aesthetic. Too bad they were just a half-size too small. :brick:

[​IMG]

Craig Taylor oxfords. I think I mentioned these before: curious sizing (I'm a 39, and the XS fits me perfectly), with great fabric, and best of all, a hidden placket.

5. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

6. concealed

concealed Senior member

HELLO I ARE THE ONE THEY CALL PIER
    WE HAVE MANY LOTS OF STOCKS OF MULTIPLE VECSACE AND KINTON PIECES FOR WHOLESALE BUYING NOT THE COMPANY SELLING

7. MattR

MattR Senior member

I've seen that a few times on their Made in Italy SCs. Couldn't tell you why, but it's not faked (so far as I know).

That HF is ooold. Second oldest label, I think.

But that charvet is niiice. :slayer:

8. horse's_ass

horse's_ass Senior member

HELO

I HAVE 500 PARE OF BORELLI PANT
    AND ALSO KITTEN K JACKET
    LET ME TELL U BOY
    GRATE DEEL

9. Cotton Dockers

Cotton Dockers Senior member

Nice tie haul, Hoofit! Some cool colors in their. Plus that Kiton thingy.

Picked up two jackets today:

1) Polo Blue Label Made in Italy Unstructured 1/4 Lined Herringbone, 3 Patch Pockets, Nice Buttons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2) Brooksfield Linea Ora Green/Brown POW Wool/Cashmere Blend Made in Italy Double Vented

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe Grendel found one of these recently but no one responded to his cries for information. Anybody have any knowledge on this? Feels nice, not outstanding, but good.

Both are 40r.

Also picked up a NWT pair of BB flat front chinos in their Clark (straight) fit. 34 x 32, in a taupe/brown color.

All available.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

AndroFan, I have your answer. I found a nice leather expandable briefcase today with the same logo, and it also had a ID tag with the name.

"Avenues in Leather" is the maker. Make total sense now why it looks like both an A and a Road.

11. matty long legs

matty long legs Senior member

I sold Ace_Face the Mountain & Sackett tie I purchased yesterday. Everything has been really smooth thus far so I highly recommend buys/trades with him.

Left behind:
    Canali Proposta suit for Barney's. 42L. Super 120s. Fully Canvassed. UNVENTED. :brick:
    Dunhill button down
    Viyella for Lands End
    Zegna button down - 50/50 cotton, rayon.
    Tom James Filo a Mano - This was in good shape, but I don't think they flip that well.
    Sero button down
    Hovanders? (Swedish) coat - this was outerwear, but hits at mid-thigh, which I find very awkward. Really nice. Fully canvassed. I haven't been able to find any information on it.
    Centre Mfg. Co., Inc. navy blue trench coat - after doing some research it appears this company made trenchs for the armed forces in the 60s-80s. It was my size, but a little too stiff for me.

Bought:
    W&M golf windbreaker I'm going to give to a buddy.
    BB made in Scotland shetland sweater. Already gave to my father.
    These IMMEDIATELY caught my eye. I was quite surprised when I saw the label. Chipp. I love old school trad. In phenomenal shape and look like they were hardly worn. Trads, I hope one of you jumps on these. I would totally rock them if they weren't too big in the waist for me, so they're AVAILABLE.

Waist: 38
    Inseam: 27.5 with another 3" to let out
    I'm not exactly sure what the material is, but I think it's linen. It has a pretty loose weave. First picture is indicative of the color.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

12. Chill Dude 22

Chill Dude 22 Member

Pretty good shirt haul today:

Brown Zegna Dress Shirt 39/15-1/2
    Blue Zegna Button-Down 40/15-3/4
    3X Colorful Zegna Button Front Shirts Size Medium
    Striped Lorenzini FC Dress Shirt 15-1/2/39 R
    Hilditch & Key White Striped Dress Shirt 15-1/2R
    Salvatore Ferragamo Striped Dress Shirt 15-1/2
    Canali Blue Striped Dress Shirt 46/18
    Dope Marc Jacobs Camp Shirt
    And a sweet Mickey Mantle Louisville Slugger

PM me for pics of the shirts. Most everything is up for grabs. Also, does anyone have a link or instructions for the oxyclean treatment? Would be much appreciated.

13. AndroFan

AndroFan Senior member

Dude... [​IMG]. Great effing memory! Thanks a bunch for remembering and for taking the time to find the post and point it out. Much appreciated! Doesn't look like it's anything great, but I'll tell you what, since that post I've used the hell out of that thing and love it. Awesome color, very roomy, and a great bag. If you got it for yourself, I'm quite certain you'll love it. Thanks again man!

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

You know, even though I found it wasn't worth much, I sure felt like a hero when I saw and recognized that logo.

15. mrdeep2001

mrdeep2001 Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.