The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

I've picked up a few recent Hugo Boss SC's. The more recent ones moved from the canvas size tags to the black computer printed "newer" looking size tags. I thought the once I've picked up had pretty nice fabric and patterns, and one of them has become a staple in my wardrobe.

2. workthatwedo

workthatwedo Senior member

Now he can't claim he is so poor he doesn't have a pot to piss in anymore.

3. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

4. goneAWOL

goneAWOL Senior member

This is the tag off one of my SC's, which I assume is newer. I guess I'm not positive that all newer ones look like this, because this one doesn't have a model name (einstein, rossellini, etc). And I lied... its white not black.

[​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: I guess it does have a model name. I never saw the Pasolini at the bottom.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012

5. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

THIS is exactly my problem. My brother's coming to visit in two weeks and our second bedroom is full of ties, sportcoats, trousers and shoes. My wife is away this weekend, so I might have a listing day on Sunday.

If youse guys will permit an ebay question: Is there anything wrong with creating a second ebay account (or can it be done?)? I know I'd lose all the feedback on my current one (I guess I could just say in the posting, "This is me, it's just my other account. Bid with confidence!"), but I keep hitting the you've-tried-to-sell-too-many-X limits, and it's annoying. I don't sell enough to go the store route.

6. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

This is the same tag that was on a HB suit I sold recently that was uber, uber recent (single breast with peak lapel, dual vent, flat front).

7. concealed

concealed Senior member

Quote:

What are these "you tried to sell too many X limits? I would imagine its not kosher to start a new ebay account to bypass some restriction...

8. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

How many things have you sold? It looks like only a few. I don't understand why you ge those crazy limits...perhaps you are very very limited in the beginning these days. Did you try calling customer service? I had some limits listed on ties a while back, but my limit was like 10 or 15. Of course I already had nearly 1000 feedback.

9. grendel

grendel Senior member

For the first 90 days you're limited to 25 items listed in any 30 day moving window in some categories, one of which is men's clothing. It's a pain. They won't even talk to you about it for the first 60 days.

10. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It doesn't look like he has even listed that much yet. That has to be frustrating.

11. ATLjon

ATLjon Senior member

Yeah, I think this is my issue. But I've been on ebay since 2007 and have been selling for more than 90 days, so maybe it also has to do with feedback. I think ebay also got pissed about the Chanel tie and has decided it hates me. I think the only limit I have right now has to do with ties, but who knows what else I'll run into this weekend (I have a lot of stuff to post). I guess the easiest solution is to go into the B&S megathread business so many of you have embraced.

But I apologize for ebaying-up this thread. I did find something yesterday, though there are no pics. BB Golden Fleece shirt, 15.5/32, in an attractive blue and brown thin stripe with contrast collar. French cuff.

I had to pass on a tux that fit that I was sure was a Canali because of a bit of fraying on the pants. I also kept finding Pink and Vineyard Vines shirts with frayed collar points. It was a frustrating day yesterday.

This is what I keep getting:

[​IMG]

12. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

And thus consigners were born. I'm right on the cusp of throwing my hands up and going that route....

13. vexco

vexco Senior member

This x 10000000000000.

In the next few days I'll be having a "keep Vexco out of jail" sale, tho. Hopefully I can move most of what I have and raise enough money. [​IMG]

14. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It sucks because it counts relisting the item too.

15. grendel

grendel Senior member

I think you may be doing this thrifting thing wrong... jail for what?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.