The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by j, Mar 2, 2005.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JChance

JChance Senior member

There is this Asian lady I go to, $4 for pants length, $10 to take in shirt's chest (I dont use other services)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

2. Brianpore

Brianpore B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief

3. Patrologia

Patrologia Senior member

Didn't look that deep :lol:

4. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

5. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

I'm following your every move, sir. Also, I didn't find anything like CP Achilles shoes, and if I did, I would make multiple teaser posts about them even if they were in #brianporesize. Now go forth and find a medium Wings + Horns marled tiger fleece hoodie!!

6. acosbysweater

acosbysweater Senior member

Find me a Ti-Raleigh team livery bike with Campy Record and I'll take it off your hands for 100 ppd. [​IMG]

7. 951socal

951socal Senior member

^haha how would you even ship a bike for under $100?

8. valium

valium Senior member

you think i dont know that?
    im talking about the 99.99999999999% of all the other piece of shit english made Raleigh Bikes.trust me i see them every other week (the crap ones im referring to) and yeah i buy em and they are a quick sell but you wont get more then $125 for one.
    trust,i know bikes...im building a real bad motherfucker right now,Ideale sadlle,french/italian components from the 50's son.fully wrapped leather bars etc will post a pic when finished (in like 12 years lol)

9. 330CK

330CK Affiliate Vendor

Whoa there, I've called dibs on every bike that's available in this thread. ;)

Today was pretty good. Best audio find in over a year.

B&W ASW600, similar to this:

[​IMG]

10. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

5%?!?!?!? :bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

This thread has never seen a deal so good.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

of course I did! Was curious though if that was smart.... i usually don't go for those.

12. capnwes

capnwes Senior member

It muight be that the seller has set buyer requirements on all of their listings. I set mine to block anyone with any unpaid item strikes against them. Even if you don't have any unpaid stikes, there may be a open case you didn't know about. I had a buyer just last week who had two cases which were never closed buy the seller after they made a deal. Call ebay customer service and they can clarify the reasons. Otherwise, you can ask the seller to add your username to their Buyer Requirements Exemptions list.

Another possible scenario...Is there a note at the top of the listing that the seller is on vacation? The seller can choose settings to not allow BIN transactions while in vacation mode.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012

13. LooknGr8

LooknGr8 Senior member

I certainly could. 

I see you guys talking about what is and isn't selling on eBay and I could so totally jump in. I get flashbacks to the late 1990s when eBay was just starting out (or rather, people's awareness was just starting out in general, and the bidding clock was intoxicating for people the first time they saw it so they'd bid on anything) and I was garage saling like a maniac. You could sell anything. Rotary dial phones. Beer cans. Sports cards. For every 1950s Life game I bought for fifty cents and sold for fifty bucks there was an attic full of complete shite I finally had to garage sale for fifty cents a pop myself. And a lot of listing fees and pictures taken of unsold items, ha! And a lot of lost time.

I keep telling myself...cant step on that treadmill again. But I know there is a lot of money out there sitting on thrift store shelves. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Valium (and the others like you) because hey, maybe I will see one or two things and make a couple hundred. It is so tempting, though, to bring home stuff and hit the eBay slot machine!!!!

maybe someday smartphones will get better so I can better do faster instant checks on eBay and confirm my instincts! That would solve a lot of my trepidations.

+1

It's such a great feeling to see the label on something like that, inspect it holding your breath, and realize it's rip/fray/scuff/giant oil stain free.

speaking of stuff I thought was crap but I've seen a couple of you selling...how do I know what Members Only stuff is worth anything (and why do people collect/wear it)?

14. Samuel Smith

Samuel Smith Senior member

at that point it would help the general un-educated public as well to the point that it would really minimise the chance of you finding that item on the shelf because: a)their smartphone would of pinged them with a text message saying dont donate me, eBay me b)some pubby would of picked it already.

I +1 what you said though these guys do have a lot of knowledge and that, coupled with a bit of research, has already built my PayPal account into a nice honeymoon nest egg and some good items for my wardrobe via some sweet trades.

+1 to all you dudes.

15. eazye

eazye Senior member

Gotta give a shout out to ATLjon, you should all buy up his stuff! He sent me a kick ass blazer for a really nice price. I'll be doing my first thrift fit pick when it gets back from the tailors. Thanks homey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.