• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who the hell pays to get shoes recrafted and *then* decides it's the perfect time to donate them?
puzzled.gif

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean...really? Not even ONE wear after recrafting before kicking the bucket? The leather is untouched. I can actually understand NWT things a bit more...yeah, you buy something, tuck it away, never use it, then it gets donated after you're gone. But with these, there's clearly wear on the uppers, which means they were worn heavily, taken with effort/time to a recrafter, received back, then not even worn once. That seems much more odd to me for some reason.

EDIT: But yes, those C&Js are baller. It's hard to tell because of the sheeny-ness of the pics, but what color are they, dark brown?

Last edited:

darkmatter7

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
those C&Js are beautiful - another day another couple thousand dollars worth of goods found eh?

cool.gif
Gotta keep bringing in the good stuff.

inlove.gif

Oh, DM7, how I've missed you! (No, srsly; makes me want to be better.)

Daw
smile.gif

Is that what the "good" Lanvin stuff looks like?

bounce2.gif
OMG that's the sexiest thing I've seen in a while... Those might be $1000 shooz. Just out of curiousity, size?

*SpooSignal* (this needs to just be one of the emoticon's by now). From my collected expertise though, yes. That is actual recent-ish Lanvin. I have no idea how it does on the Bay, but I kinda have a secret itch to pick up at least one of every worthwhile label...

I know
biggrin.gif
. I was pretty happy with the Church's Customs.. and then those came along...8.5 D

Quote: AndroFan
Yep.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*SpooSignal* (this needs to just be one of the emoticon's by now). From my collected expertise though, yes. That is actual recent-ish Lanvin. I have no idea how it does on the Bay, but I kinda have a secret itch to pick up at least one of every worthwhile label...

I know
biggrin.gif
. I was pretty happy with the Church's Customs.. and then those came along...8.5 D

Well, at least I don't have to feel bad about not finding a way to get them since they're not my size
lol8[1].gif

GHo

Reaction score
damnit DM7 is on a roll. good for you dude. enjoy it while it's hot. :fistbump:

mexicutioner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

damnit DM7 is on a roll. good for you dude. enjoy it while it's hot. :fistbump:

i have a feeling that if there was a pool where everyone would place bets on when DM7's "lucky streak" would end, the smart money would be on "when he decides to stop thrifting."

GHo

Reaction score
mad props to Cap on the 33/34 Zanellas he found a few weeks back. Sent me two pair of brown that were exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately they fit a VERY fat 33 waist. Must have expanded them by a couple inches and the thighs were wider than fok.

Otherwise, it was a great deal. thanks again Cap.

(available if anyone has interest).

:slayer:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guy has probably posted $25,000 worth of profit in the past months, conservatively, dont think its a lucky streak.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mad props to Cap on the 33/34 Zanellas he found a few weeks back. Sent me two pair of brown that were exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately they fit a VERY fat 33 waist. Must have expanded them by a couple inches and the thighs were wider than fok.
Otherwise, it was a great deal. thanks again Cap.
(available if anyone has interest).
:slayer:

tailor it?

GHo

Reaction score

tailor it?

thinking about it. got a great deal on the pants but I'm guessing I'd have to take in waist, slim out the thighs (not sure about the length - which could be additional work). What's that cost (on ave.) for pants? I think my guy was about 13 for waist and 13 for length. I'm guessing slimming the thigh area would cost a bit more?

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a pair of Florsheim Shell Cordovan Longwings today. Size 14 D
They are awesome, in both condition and size. Anyone know of a magic shoe shrinking potion?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads